z

Young Writers Society

Welcoming Freedom Chapter 8

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Thank you all for the helpful reviews! I hope you like this next chapter of Welcoming Freedom! =]

Chapter 8

Packing

“Carlisle?” I called. The giant packing box was getting on my nerves.

His form whipped down the stairs.

“Yes?” he asked glancing at the ripped box in my hand.

I looked down embarrassed. I was probably the only vampire that couldn’t pack a box right.

“I…I need help with the boxes. Um…” I felt like I could blush, but was glad when I remembered that was only a human trait.

His soft chuckle was his only reply as he pushed the tattered box from my hands.

“You go upstairs and pack with Esme. I’m sure she is going to need help in choosing which paintings are coming with us.” Carlisle said fondly.

I smiled and flew up the stairs in less than one second. I found Esme staring at two paintings. One was a beautiful depiction the European countryside and the other was of a majestic castle with the sun rising behind it.

Esme turned to me.

“Did I scare Carlisle away?” She asked, a smirk forming on her perfect, pale lips.

I giggled at the thought of Carlisle being scared. He’s been around for almost two hundred and fifty years. That’s long enough for anyone, if he told them his age, that they would be scared.

“No, Esme. He just took my place packing boxes. They weren’t being so nice to me.” I answered.

A full blown smile formed on her lips.

“I see.”

And then we got to work deciding which painting would look better in the new house.

The new house we were getting in Chicago was quite smaller than this one. Actually, it was a million time smaller than this one.

It is a one story house on the outside of Chicago where there are plenty of hunting areas for us. You know, wouldn’t want to kill any humans or anything.

The house has been there for fifty years and no one was paying it any attention. So Carlisle searched for the owner of it, found him, and bought the small house. He is not telling Esme or me the price, for he knows how we would react.
The house is a normal family size. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area, one dining room, and a kitchen. Pretty bland if you put it next to the ten bedroom, eight bathroom, two dining room, four living room, three sunroom, four spare room mansion that we lived in now.
Though Carlisle would still keep his father’s house, we had to move Esme for fear that we would be found out as vampires. We can’t have anyone coming across her in the woods, finding her still alive but pale and sparkly. That would definitely say something was up with the Cullen family.
Finally, Esme and I came up with the perfect picture, one that was not in the original selection.

“We shall take the running horses.” Esme concluded.

I had to agree. It was a beautiful painting. The wild horses were running free on green land, kicking up dust as they did so. They shook their manes as if they were all kings and queens of the world.

We stared at the painting for a few more seconds and then Esme brought it downstairs.

I went to my room and packed up what was left. It was only a few books and my music compositions. The piano was staying here, as we would get a new one when we settled in. So I went to go play it one last time.

I walked into the bright room, it was a sunny day today, and saw my skin’s shimmering reflect on the polished black wood. I brushed my hand across the top, savoring the smoothness of it.

I scooted my skirts under me and sat down at the piano. What song was I going to play? A farewell song? No, that would be too sad.

I decided to play whatever came to my mind and found myself playing one of Beethoven’s more happy tunes. My fingers caressed the piano and the sweet music was all I could hear.

I was so caught up in the music, as usual, that I didn’t become aware that I had an audience until the song was finished.

“Beautiful song, Bella.” Carlisle said.

I whipped my head around. If I could blush, I would have,

Carlisle had an arm around Esme’s waist and they were both staring adoringly at me.

But soon that embarrassment was gone and it was replaced by happiness.

I smiled when Carlisle bent down to kiss Esme’s cheek. Their love was strong and new.

They fell into a deep love a few days after Esme was changed. I’m not completely sure how, neither are they, but it was like they were meant for each other. It was as if God placed Esme here in our lives for Carlisle, as was the same for Esme. They were like a newly wed couple, which they would be as soon as we arrived in Chicago, but their joyfulness was that of a child on Christmas.

They were never apart for long and always went on hunting trips. I never got jealous that Carlisle spent so much time with Esme because I was both his daughter and hers. I felt truly loved and cared for.

I broke out of my reverie when Carlisle came back up the stairs. They must have left when I was day dreaming.

“Ready to go?” Carlisle asked.

I glanced once more around the music room, one more moment staring at my piano, then stood up to leave.

“Yes.” I said.
Last edited by writ3rindisguis3 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm
Night Mistress says...

i love it.

I hope edward makes an appearance soon.

pm me when you have chapter nine up.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Reviews: 2
Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:32 pm
Penelope says...

Great!

I love the feeling of it, very simple.

The only problem I have is that I have read the Twilight series, and that I never would imagine Bella being so musically talented, I would've left that to Edward.

But that's just my personal opinion, keep up the good work!
Penelope <3

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:10 am
Writing for love is a pas says...

I need the next chapter soon!!

Please pm me when you have it up!
No where to run...baby let's hide. Take her in your arms on a chilling winter's night. Watch the stars twinkle and glisten. Know that you've found the one person that will listen. ~*(ME)*~

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:49 am
Meep(: says...

I'm going to assume, Bella's personality here is much different from that of the book?
Some parts seemed to progress a bit fast,
And at times, Carlisle & Esme don't always sound entirely mature.
But this is for the 8 chapters overall.
An interesting take on the story, very cute.
No appearances from the other 5 Cullen children yet,
I hope you're putting them in :)
Anyway, I liked it on the whole, good job!
Merry christmas! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

You flare, you flicker, you fade... And in the end, all your tomorrows become yesterdays.
— Megatron (Lost Light, by Roberts, Lawrence, Lafuente)