z

Young Writers Society

Hard Stand Chapter 6

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:30 am
lordgluzman says...

“Drones!!!” he yelled “Everyone get to cover!” (Drones are the last ranked specie Covenant. They are size of a normal human, but they really look like insects. They can also fly.) “Into the jungle!” Brandon ordered.

Chapter 6
The Insects

As I ran inside the jungle I felt something different in the atmosphere. It did not take in a place called war! But soon it will be. I and all the other soldiers formed a circle. It was really quite, all of us were holding our weapons up waiting for the drones to come out. All of a sudden I heard a firing noise and a scream of a dieing grunt “Got one!” a marine cheered.

All of a sudden I started to hear screams again of shot soldiers. I rolled behind a tree and fired with my assault rifle, but I didn’t see anyone. I turned my head every where but I only saw soldiers getting shot and die. There was somewhere 30 of us left; I didn’t believe that we can still survive. “If you have any grenades throw them to any tree or bush!” Brandon yelled repeatedly. We through our grenades and took cover behind anything we could fined. As the grenades went of the trees where the drones camouflaged them selves fell down. Now the drones were weak against us. I got up and continued firing. Just when I finished their chief one of them flew at me, pushed me to the ground, and started to choke me; but when I got my head to myself I grabbed a rock and whacked the drone with it. The drone rolled to the side holding his head, I got up, picked up my gun and fired but the drone’s reactions were good. It flew in the air and tackled me again, it tried to punch me with its left arm but I grabbed it and kicked him in the rib. The drone backed up a little bit. Before it had any time to attack or flee away, I kicked him in the chin. The drone was now down, still twitching a little bit. I picked up my gun and finished him. I ran back into the battle field there I saw Anzi stumping on a drone and Vlad holding two assault rifles and firing.

The firing sounds started to get comer again. But before relaxing I checked the area. Then I squealed with my last breath “No Covenant, this means we won, I didn’t even think that we would destroy 2 command posts that easily. I thought that we would retreat along time ago.” All of a sudden I felt Tex’s hand touch my shoulder saying “But we still won.” I turned around hugging her.

“Hey guys!” The radio guy yelled from a far distance “I am getting a call from Sgt. Johnson; he says that they found something and they are going to take it back to our post.” Tex came by the radio guy took the phone and answered the call “Are you done with your mission sir?”
“Yes, But it is a surprise. I will send you at least 5 pelican drop ships to take your men back to the post”
“Actually sir, we only need one”
“I am sorry to hear that barley of your men survived. We will come a little bit later. We will have to walk”
“Should we maybe then join your group?”
“Negative, you did a fine job already! The pelican is going to arrive in 10 minutes.”

All of a sudden I heard a firing noise from a far distance and a similar scream. “No, Brandon!!!” I yelled. I ran straight to the place where the voice was coming from with the last 18 marines. Next thing I saw 2 drones biting and wrestling wounded Brandon and another 5 circling him. “You sun of a bitches!” I yelled. I tackled one of them to the ground, stuck my pistol to its chin and happily pooled the trigger. Then I turned around and fired at another one in the wing; then Sam finished the wounded drone. Vlad just easily grabbed one of them and broke its neck. Tex pulled one of the drones off Brandon and fired at it with her battle rifle. Before the rest could escape Olli, Anzi and some other marine’s fired at them from the back. Sam quickly ran to Brandon grabbed his bloody hand and cried “You are going to be ok.”
Brandon did nothing but shook his head and closed his eyes.
Blood is red
But Heaven is blue
The Devil will fined out
And take you

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham