z

Young Writers Society

Westrion's Rider(06)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 pm
Night Mistress says...

While Karigan rested, Laren thought the letters she withheld and decided to come clean. She walked to the king’s study and knocked on the door.

“Come in,” a voice said within. Laren opened the door and discovered the king wasn’t alone. Lady Estora was there with him.

“Laren? What’s wrong?” King Zachary asked, “Is there something wrong with Karigan?”

“No, no. Karigan is fine,” Lauren said, “It is just that I haven’t been quite honest with you or Karigan.”

“What?” Zachary asked, startled.

“Those letters that you gave to me to deliver to Karigan…. I never delivered them to her. I burned them,” Laren said as she bent her head.

“What?” yelled Zachary as he stood up abruptly.

“Sire, forgive me. I thought I was protecting you and the kingdom. Think of what the lords would do if you decided to set Lady Estora aside,” Laren said as she glanced at the lady in question.

“Laren, how…” Zachary startled. He was furious that Laren thought she had a right to choose who he should marry or not.

“My lord, may I say something to her?” Lady Estora asked, standing up. Zachary stared at her for moment.

“You may,” he said. Lady Estora walked over to Captain Mapstone. She stopped right in front of her, and raised her right hand. She brought it across Lauren’s cheek, slapping her hard. Lauren brought a hand up to her cheek and gingerly touched it.

“Lady?” Lauren said, as she looked at her in shock.

“I believe I have said what I needed to say. Good day, your majesty,” she said with a curtsey. She turned to Laren, “and to you too, Captain.” With a glare she left the room. Laren watched Lady Estora leave as she thought that the slap was the hardest hit she had ever taken.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian