Young Writers Society

Welcoming Freedom Chapter 5

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:53 am
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Chapter 5

Adapting

I hadn’t realized a burning, scratching sensation in the back of my throat until Carlisle noticed me swallowing constantly. He said it was hunger. “Is that what it is?” I asked. He nodded and led me outside.

I gasped as soon as we stepped outside. Everything was so much more enhanced than in my human life. My vision was clearer and my hearing was hundreds of times better. I smelled so many good things.

Carlisle explained to me how to hunt. I was a little worried at first that I would lose it and bite a human, but he said that we were in a secluded forest where no humans live or hike.

When the warm blood seeped down my throat for the first time, I was in my own personal heaven. I felt horrible that I killed a poor, helpless animal, but it was so delicious. At least the animal was crippled so I felt a little less monstrous.

After Carlisle and I got back to the house, we talked about our lives. He told me of his father and how he was a Lutheran. Carlisle told me about the Volturi and that he had joined them for a few years. He said that they drank from humans and were the most powerful vampires in the world.

Carlisle told me that he had been lonely for a while and when he found me, he felt a need to take care of me. It was like a fatherly instinct had kicked in when heard my helpless screams. I was shocked at what he told me. I didn’t think any man would want to save me, much less feel fatherly towards me. I felt ecstatic and beamed at him.

I told Carlisle about how I was a feminist and what happened to my mother. Carlisle shook his head when I told him about my father beating me. “I’m so sorry. No man should treat a woman like that. he smiled at me and I grinned back.

After hours of talking, Carlisle took me on a tour of his ginormus house. He told me there were ten bedrooms, eight bathrooms, two dining rooms, four living rooms, three sunrooms, and four spare rooms. I gaped at him. “What? For just one person?” He chuckled at my reaction. “This was one of my father’s houses. I bought it after he died.” “Oh…” I was embarrassed now. “No need to feel embarrassed, Bella. You didn’t know.” I felt thankful that he brushed off my assumption.

The outside was spectacular. The house was about two football fields long and one football field wide. Strong pillars stood tall in front of the mansion. There were three patios in the front with white chairs underneath the roof. A green lawn spread out on all sides of the gigantic house and a forest encircled the grass. Dark, ominous clouds blanketed the sky, blocking the sun from view. “I’ll show you your room.” Carlisle said.

It has been a few days since my change. Carlisle told me about everything having to do with vampires. My skin sparkles in the sun. The first time I saw it sparkle, it looked like a thousand tiny diamonds with rainbows reflecting off of it. I was amazed and stayed outside on the green lawn for two hours just looking at my skin.

Carlisle also informed me on our superhuman strength and our speedy running. He took me on my first run yesterday and I felt like I was the only one in the whole world. It was so refreshing and I absolutely love running now.

I found out that I’m not clumsy anymore. When I walk down steps, it is with such grace and beauty. I’ve seen Carlisle walk down the stairs and he told me I walk with the same grace.

Carlisle and I have become father and daughter. He always guides me on what to do and watches after me on hunts. He said that everything that is his is now mine to and he has asked me to take his last name. I, of course, accepted immediately and I am now his “adopted” daughter.

On one of my wandering sprees, I have found a gigantic library. Tons of books cover every shelf. There are books from the 1400’s to the 1800’s. I usually find Carlisle in one of the plush chairs, nose buried in a thick book. I have recently discovered a book called Romeo and Juliet. I’ve heard of this romance book from my human feminist friends and have started reading it. All the conflict that goes on in this story keeps me reading for hours and hours.

Carlisle has bought me some dresses to wear so I don’t have to squeeze into my old one. I protest every time one looks way too expensive, but Carlisle always shrugs it off and sticks it in my closet.

I one day hope to go to college, but I have to get my bloodlust under control. Carlisle is going to wait about six months before he takes me anywhere near humans. He supports me on going to college and can’t wait till I get to go. He sees how I’m so interested in science, math, and geography, so he has take up in teaching me some things. He is also teaching me Latin. It is such a beautiful language.

Carlisle has explained to me that I am dead to the world now. I can’t be seen by any one I know. Especially my human father. I don’t even really want to see him anyways. And I’m going to have to put off my feminist times for a while too. I was sad about that, but I see that I can’t go near people. I hope that my friends make progress on women’s rights. I’m praying that they will all be safe and live better lives. Even though I have been damned to this life by that red head, I am loved and being taken care of. I am eternally grateful for Carlisle, but I still feel some guilt for not being there for my friends. No matter what though, I know they will make it through this life.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:04 am
Sofiel says...

I love this! Also, I'm happy someone turned Bella into a vampire!

The first few paragraphs are very short, and to the point. Could you possibly expand on the ideas, the feelings? When vampires are turned, they usually can't get enough of the world. They love to look at the simplest things, dew on a strand of grass, cracks in a sidewalk, a newly opened flower. When she lays in the grass for hours, looking at her skin, she could notice all the things around her.

writ3rindisguis3 wrote: "All the conflict that goes on in this story keeps me reading for hours and hours."

There are a few grammar issues, but nothing major. This was a sentence that piqued my nit-picky interest. "The conflict was intriguing, and I found myself lost in the book for hours." Or something.

It's a great story, and what most fans want to happen. Writing about the first little while after the change is a very interesting idea. Have I mentioned I love it?
Toby: "Of COURSE I wrote a concession. What - you want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high a top the thing?"
Sam: "...No"
Toby: "Then go outside, turn around three times and spit. What the hell is the matter with you?!"

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 am
spaced_out says...

I find that your story was interesting.

I've never read twilight, so I'll try to do this.

WHAT YOU NEED MORE OF

plot
TALK

WHAT YOU NEED LESS OF

discription

I hope you can see that you may need to work a bit harder next time.
MATT
if you can dream YOU CAN DO IT!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:18 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

I think this is cool how bella become part of Carlisle's family.

one question:

When is Edward coming in?

I will be looking out for the nect chapter or pm me when you post it.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:01 am
Writing for love is a pas says...

I agree with Night Mistress. Bring on EDWARD!!
No where to run...baby let's hide. Take her in your arms on a chilling winter's night. Watch the stars twinkle and glisten. Know that you've found the one person that will listen. ~*(ME)*~

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:15 pm
JordanEmert says...

I honestly love this story, I mean, who couldn't? Bella Swan is a vampire!
I liked how you developed a strong father - daughter relationship between Carlisle and Bella..
Great Job!!! By the way, this is my new favorite Novel!
Well, yes mate. See, I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you need to watch out for, because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly..stupid.
Jack Sparrow<3

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract