z

Young Writers Society

Love and Murder in Mitadake Chapter 1

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:48 pm
Abocreature says...

Sorry if this is a little sloppy, it's my first draft of it, the first story I actually completed, and I had to combine a few of my original chapters so you get to read more per post. Anyway, this is the fan-fiction I wrote before. I must warn you, though, it can get violent at times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

It was just me and Suki in the room. All alone, waiting for the teacher. We sat next to each other. Shifting positions, waiting.

She leaned over to me “Where do you think she is?”.

I leaned over to her “I’m not sure, I thought she wo-”

There was an announcement on the intercom. “Attention students, the school is in lock down mode for the next twelve hours. There is a dead body on the premises. Somewhere in this school there is a killer. Be cautioned as you wander the halls.”

She hugged me “Jin, what the hell is going on?!”

I hugged her back “I don’t know, I’m sure it’s a practical joke or something.” We let go and I smiled at her “I’ll go check the office to see what’s going on”. I got up and headed for the door.

She got out of her seat “I’m going with you”

I turned around “OK, I’m glad”

So we walked off. Through the hallway, side by side, holding hands. We came to a doorway. “It’s just through the courtyar-” As my eyes drifted to the left, I saw it. The body, covered in blood. Cold, and lifeless.

Suki shrieked. “W-what the hell?!”. She squeezed me tightly.

I froze. “H-how is this possible?!” I squeezed her right back. “C-c’mon, lets go to the office and find out what the hell is happening.” I held her tightly so she wouldn’t see the body. We arrived at the office. I reached out my hand and grabbed the doorknob. “Locked…” I said with a sigh.

I heard foot steps. “Who’s there?” Suki said.

The footsteps got louder. Is this it? I thought Is this the end? . Louder and louder, closer and closer. As I followed the noise, I saw a shadow turn the corner. Beads of sweat dripping from my dirty-blond hair. Suki gripping tightly as her long, orange hair hanging down, almost as if they were scared as well. As he turned, the figure became clearer. I could make out a hint of brown hair. As he stepped closer, the figure became very clear to me. “James? Your alive! Thank God!” I told him.

“I’m actually quite surprised to see you as well” He said back.

That’s when I saw the knife in his hand. “Suki, get behind me” I whispered. And so she did.

“What’s wrong?” James asked calmly.

“What’s that knife for?” I asked with a cocked eyebrow.

He held it up. “Oh, this? It’s for protection. Didn’t you hear the announcement?”

Then I remembered. “Oh yea, I should probably get one. So Suki doesn’t get hurt”

Suki blushed “Thanks for wanting to protect me”.

“Anything for my girl! Besides, who other than a maniac would want a girl as beautiful as you hurt?”

She blushed harder. “Thank you, Jin”

“Well, we should get going then” James said.

I kissed Suki’s forehead. “Ready to go?” I asked.

“Y-yea” She weakly replied.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“I’m just a little nervous, that’s all” She hugged me tighter.

I kissed her forehead again “Don’t be, I will give my life if it means your safety”

“Thank you”

So we walked down the many hallways, me and Suki still holding hands. Many turns and twists, the school seemed like one big maze. Until we finally found the kitchen. “Why did we go to the kitchen?” I asked.

“There are knives here” James replied

“Makes sense” I went over and grabbed one out of the knife rack. “So, where are we going next?”

“Well, I heard some talking coming from the basement. We should go check it out”

“That OK with you, Suki?” I asked

She was just standing there, staring at my knife, unable to move.

I put the knife away. I hugged her and whispered into her ear “I know it’s hard, but when this is all over we can live normal lives again”

“Thank you, Jin. I’m ready to go now” Suki whispered back.

I kissed her cheek and turned around. “OK, we are ready”

“Let’s go then” James replied

We began walking toward the basement. Twists and turns once more. “This school is like a ma-”

There was a terrible scream in the distance. “What was that?!” James said, taking out his knife.

“It sounded like a girl” I said “From the Nurses office”.

We started to carefully tread over there, our knives out and ready to attack. As we turned the corner of the nurses office hallway, we saw it. The body, hanging from the wall with a knife stuck in it’s arm. Just hanging there, a bloody mess. “T-Tami” James said, getting teary eyed. “Who did this to you?!”

He put his head into Tami’s chest and cried.

I turned to him “James, I’m s-”

“She still has a heartbeat!” He screamed “She is still alive!”

“Then we can save her!” Suki said with excitement and hope.

He took the knife out and caught her body. “Hang on” He whispered, and took her into the nurses office. He lied her body on the bed. “Just let me get some medicine, you’ll be fine”. He frantically searched through the shelves and drawers for something.

I took a step inside “Can I he-”

“Got it!”. He took out a medical supplies box and wrapped her wound up. He sat by her, continuing to treat the wounds. “You guys go, I’ll stay here with Tami”

Suki came next to me and looked at James “We can’t just leave you alone. It’s dan-”

“I know it's dangerous!” he calmed down a bit “Just go, I can’t leave Tami, and she certainly can’t come with us. Go on to the basement, I’ll catch up when Tami is OK”

“OK… You better come back” I told him with a glare. I held Suki’s hand “C’mon Suki, let’s go check out the basement.” So we went off. Through the twisting halls, still holding hands. We started to get close and heard talking. “We’re close…” I said to Suki. We started to walk towards the noise. Going around corners, and down hallways. Until we finally got there. The door was shut. I knocked “Hello? It’s Jin and Suki, we survived”

A girl stepped outside. “Jin?! Suki?!” She hugged us both “ I thought you would never make it!” She had a strange shade of red hair. Obviously dyed…

“Mina? Your OK!” Mina was my best friend. Well, other than Suki of course. We all had a group hug.

We let go “Come meet the rest of the Survivors!” she said. We walked inside, there stood a girl with orange hair, and her brother wearing sunglasses, a kid who dyed his hair a dark shade of purple, and Mina’s brother, although, he was kind of creepy. “ The girl is Shika, her brother is Sam, The kid with purple hair is Tom, and you know my brother, Matt.” Mina explained. “We are hiding out here until we come up with a plan. Somehow, Matt got a mini-fridge in here, so we have food and drinks. We got a couple *bokkens in case you want to practice your self-defense skills, other than that you can just hang around and talk”

Me and Suki walked in “We can wait here until James comes back”

Shika walked over “Where is James?”

Suki turned to her “In the nurses office, taking care of Tami”

Sam came over “What’s wrong with Tami?” he asked, although he seemed to know that answer.

I looked at him strangely “We found her hanging by a wall from a knife. James said he heard
a heartbeat, so he is trying to keep her alive”

“Shika, we should go help him out” Sam said to his sister

“Right, let’s get going” They walked out, toward the nurses office.

Suki yawned. “Tired?” I asked

“Yea, lets rest” So we lied down on the floor. I hope we make it, but now I will just shut my eyes and rest… We both fell asleep together, almost instantly.

*=a bokken is a wooden sword used for fighting practice in Japan
Last edited by Abocreature on Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 am
Abocreature says...

In case your wondering what this is a fan-fiction of, it's for the game Mitadake High, which is a very loose fan-fiction of the anime, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. The URL is here
http://www.byond.com/games/DevourerOfSouls/MitadakeHigh

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:00 am
Hands05 says...

Great story (chapter). I am a big fan of Mitadake High on BYOND and It got me thinking of writing a story Death Note, but back to the story. It was great and I didn't find any errors but only one thing got annoying. Characters were interrupted too much, but it's not a major problem and won't really hurt the story, I just thought that you should know because it stood out. Besides that two thumbs up and great idea of a story. :)

Wist is Ley's mind, confirmed
— WeepingWisteria