z

Young Writers Society

Rebirth(01)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:28 pm
Night Mistress says...

Chapter 1

With having ended the war and saved Nefert from herself, I decided to disappear for a while to atone for what I done to my friends and the ones I love. I was a full vampire now. During the struggle with the humans, Nyx saw fit to see my change and put a stop to the war.

I packed my stuff in my dorm room, packing away my memories. A knock came at the door. I walked across the room and opened the door; Nefert was at the door.

“Are you ready?” she asked. I looked at the room.

“Yeah,” I whispered. I picked up my suitcase and backpack, left the room and closed the door. We walked down the hall together, Nefert right beside me.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” she asked as we walked.

“I am sure,” I said. No one knew I was leaving, the way I wanted it to be. We walked to the entrance gate. I turned to her. After I had saved her from herself, my love for her had returned.

“Contact me when you have settled down,” she said as she touched my arm.

“I will,” I said as I put on the backpack.

“I’m sorry for all the trouble I have caused. I hope, in time, you will be able to forgive me,” she said with a sad smiled. “Good luck.”

We parted ways. I went to my car, got in and drove over to my grandma’s house. I knocked on the door and she came to the door.

“So, you really are leaving, Zoey-bird. I’m going to miss you,” she said as we hugged.

“I’ll contact you once I’m settled down,” I promised. I left her house and drove away from anything I knew. I had chosen my path, ready to begin a new life.

End of chapter.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:16 pm
View Likes
Pawprint says...

It was kind of confusing. I coudn't really follow it. It seemed to go by fast without much details. I couldn't picture the surroundings at all.

With having ended the war and saved Nefert from herself, I decided to disappear for a while to atone for what I done to my friends and the ones I love.

I think you should replace the word disappear with something more precise. Right now, the word disappear makes me think of magicians diasappearing out of thin air. It doesn't let me know that this person it leaving.

I was a full vampire now. During the struggle with the humans, Nyx saw fit to see my change and put a stop to the war.

Maybe you should elaborate on the war.

I packed my stuff in my dorm room, packing away my memories. A knock came at the door. I walked across the room and opened the door; Nefert was at the door.

The repition of 'door' kind of bothers me.
I think you should replace "stuff" with something else. Believe it or not, stuff is actually not a noun.

Other than that, it was ok. I just think you need to be a little bit more descriptive in general.

Paw
Visit my blog anytime!
weblog.php?w=871

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:41 pm
Night Mistress says...

have you read the book?
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

If you have to ask, "Is this cliche?", it probably is.
— - no name -