z

Young Writers Society

Chapter 2

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:48 pm
Pawprint says...

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, the room was dark. I sat up, still dizzy from my sleep and felt around the walls, blindly looking around for the light switch. When I found it, i flicked it on and groaned as the sudden bright light stung my eyes. With my hand over my eyes, I opened the door slowly and clumped down the stairs, half asleep.

"Mom?" I called, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I looked around, slightly confused when it remained silent. I walked to the kitchen a little more awake now. After a second of standing in the kitchen like a statue, I spotted and bright pink sticky on the refrigerator. I walked closer to read it.

Jane,
I went to drop your grandmother off at her house. She decided to be alone tonight. I will be back late.

My grandmother's house was two hours away! Why would my mother even bother. I shook my head trying to understand. Suddenly, I felt a chill and every thing seem to...stop. I peaked at the clock to see it's time and realized it had stopped ticking. I shivered at the sudden cold and looked around to find the open window only to find every window closed. That was when I heard a big boom from upstairs.

I ran to the stairs then froze, deciding whether to call the police or investigate. I waited in the silence then with a sigh I made my way up the stairs.
My door was closed and stood just outside from my room. I heard some whispering and, I was not sure what else I heard, but I think they were bells, soft, high bells. I also heard a lot of shush-ing. With a deep breath I threw open the door. My room was empty and the window was wide open. EVerything was suddenly quiet.

I slowly and cautiously walk to the center of my room and turned a full circle. My room was quite messy, but I saw no one. Suddenly, I heard a whoosh from behind me. I whirled around and stared out the open window. I just stood there, sure that I saw a streak of light . I shivered, then quickly shut the window. I jumped to the sudden loudnesss of of the clocks then laughed to myself.

What just happened? I wondered as I glanced out the window again. I sighed as ooked away from my window thinking about nothing.

Then I decided to clean up a little and scowled at my messy room. I picked up some scattered clothes aroung my bed and stuffed them in my drawers. Then I put books in a pile on top od a small round table. I looked around the room and grunted as I fell onto my bed, giving up on making my room any cleaner.

Playing with my fingers, bored to death, I looked at the clock and was surprised to see in it was only six pm. I closed my eyes, and just decided to daydream since i had nothing else to do and was not tired enough to sleep.

I know it is short, but I will fix it later
Visit my blog anytime!
weblog.php?w=871

The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson