z

Young Writers Society

The Break In: a YWS fanfiction [Part Two added]

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:23 pm
Emerson says...

Chet adjusted his tie and sighed. “How long until we’re live?” he asked, looking around the crowded news room.

“Thirty seconds,” said a kid with a head set and a large collection of acne.

A few moments later, the count down began, and then they were live.

“Hi, I’m Chet Rockford, and today on KOMV news we have an astounding story,” Chet began, mustering up his best new voice. “The police have finally broken their way into the California base of the infamous cult known as the Young Writer’s Society. Janet Finch is there now and has been talking to the police so that we could be the first to bring you this shocking report. Janet.” The cameras switched to Janet Finch.

“Hi Chet, I’m outside of the California base now, where police have been carrying out suspects and taking other members to hospitals. It has been months now that this cult was under surveillance by the US government, and finally they broke ground on the case. It is believed that the head leader of the cult, Nathan Caldwell, has been plotting to take over the government, but for what reason, we aren’t sure yet.”

“Janet, could you tell us a little bit about this cult?”

“Well, Chet, it seems that all of the members have code names. None of them will release their true identities, which is making the investigation difficult at this time. The strangest thing about this cult is how wide spread and developed it is. It is known to have three bases, one here in California, another in the UK, and the main head quarters in Washington, DC. They are also suspected of having a base in Australia, but this is still to be confirmed. As for the development of the cult, it doesn’t act like most. The cult has thousands, if not millions of members, and among these members it seems there are separate groups. There are two very powerful groups, one under the code name SPEW and another called the CCF, though at this time we know little about either.”

“I’ve heard rumors about SPEW’s activity. Is it true that the member of this cult-within-a-cult eats animals?”

“No, not just animals, Chet, cats. More specifically, kittens. In fact, it is believed that SPEW’s base was located here, in California. When police entered underground tunnels connecting to the base, they were horrified to find dead kittens everywhere, perhaps kept around for when they have feasts, and worship their gods.”

“So this is a religious cult?”

“Perhaps, Chet, we are unsure as of now.”

“And what can you tell us about the various leaders?”

“For now, we know that the California base was run by a member named Meshugenah. We don’t know if she has been brought into custody yet, but if they’re going to find her, she’ll be here. Their main leader, Nathan Caldwell, resides in Washington, DC, supposedly so he can be closer to the government that he wishes to take over. The United Kingdom’s base is run by someone mysteriously named Firestarter. Many have wondered if he was the cause of arsons over the years in the UK. There is no evidence of this, but if it is true that each member’s code name corresponds to something about them, he will be investigated further.”

“And what exactly is this cult charged with?”

“As I mentioned, Chet, they have smaller groups within the cult, and the two largest ones have been thought to be in crime for years, even before this cult developed. Not only that, the cult as a whole has been threatening society for a while now. If you can remember back far enough, to the New York City black out, new evidence shows that this black out was caused by one of the members in an attempt to link everyone’s home computers to their main frame network. Obviously the attempt failed, but you can understand how shocked everyone is to learn of this.”

“So is this a terrorist group?”

“Excuse me, Chet, you’re breaking up…”

“Is this cult suspect to terrorism?”

“We’re not sure yet, but it is known that one of the higher up members of the California base, Crysi, had been taking flight lessons. They might have been planning an attack, but we aren’t sure how deep in this member was. Some members are just innocent high school students, but it seems that once you are in, you never get out.”

“Thank you, Janet. We’ll hear more from her later. And now, is there such a thing as too many pets? We’ll talk to one Missourian who owns four hundred dogs, and why she likes them so much.”

Finally, to commercial. Chet wiped his sweaty forehead with a rag. “You’re kidding me, right? They really do eat kittens?” He wasn’t asking anyone specifically, but he couldn’t believe the news. He’d heard so many shocking things, but this… this was unbelievable.

“Thank God we got to them in time.”

To be continued...
Last edited by Emerson on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:43 pm
oregongirl says...

Hi Claudette! :)

Great job on this piece of writing! Great description on everything! I didn't see any mistakes. I thought that you really told the story like it was happening, well done!

I look forward to hearing the rest!

Most interested,
oregongirl :)
OREGONGIRL

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:50 pm
Rydia says...

Lol, this is hilarious Claudette! I love that you incorporated the CCF and SPEW that I have been hearing so much about lately. A lovely insight into YWS ;) Just a few little suggestions -

A few moments later, the count down began, and they were live. [I'd re-write this as 'A few moments later, the count-down began, and then they were live.']

Janet Finch is there now and has been talking to the police so that we could be the first to bring you this shocking report.

None of them will release their true identities

they are also suspected of having a base in Australia, but this is still to be confirmed.

Obviously the attempt failed, but you can understand how shocked everyone is to learn of this.

Overall, a really enjoyable piece so keep up the good work!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:13 pm
Leja says...

Hilarious, as always, Claudette. I love reading your satires. I am wondering, what dastardly deeds the rest of the group is up to when they're not avoiding SPEW and CCF and taking over the government?

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:14 pm
Black Ghost says...

I always knew YWS would stir up some international conflict. XD

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:39 am
Via says...

Haha! Ooo you jumped on the YWS Fanfiction train! Yippee!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:53 am
Crysi says...

Haha, oh yes, I'm definitely a terrorist. ;)

Very entertaining. I look forward to seeing more.
Love and Light

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:49 am
Meshugenah says...

XD

code names mean something, eh? *dies laughing* Oh lord, does it! :D

Love it, 'Dettie.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:51 am
Joeducktape says...

HA! That is the best thing I have ever read. You made my day, Claudette.
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:12 am
Butter In My Hair says...

This is really nice. I've only been a member for maybe eight hours but I still think it's funny. Very clever.

An introduction to what I'm getting into, perhaps?

~Hair

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:30 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Oh my! Someone else on the YWS Fan fiction train! *Toots whistle.*

I was expecting some story on the CCF. Also, Snoink and I are from CA and Snoink is the illustrious leader of SPEW! Was she caught? Or did she make a clever getaway in a Yellow Submarine?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:50 am
Twit says...

ROFL and LOL; and I mean the last one quite realistically. :lol: We're a "cult"? *splutters, sniggers and bursts appendix laughing*
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:00 am
Firestarter says...

Grif seems a little irritated he's not in a YWS fanfiction for once :P

Good job, Clau. Mucho amusement.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:58 pm
sabradan says...

I think there should be something more about CCF. After all, you mentioned it, yet did not expand on it at all. CCF must be mentioned.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:55 pm
Fand says...

xD I can't wait for more.

Incidentally, did you purposely name the correspondent after the author of "White Oleander?"
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale