z

Young Writers Society

Warriors Chap.2

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:51 pm
Frenchchilla says...

Flowertail spun around only to be relieved that her kits were still in the same spot she left them in. They were scared stiff but they were okay. She vigorously licked them pushed them onto their feet. The cowered a little under their mother as they looked at Whitewater. She smiled as friendly as she could but then turned to Flowertail.

“Umm I am very hungry and am not that skilled with hunting do you think you could help me… or I could go on my way if it would be too much to ask.”

“Oh just follow me.” Okay now I have to come up with an explanation to what happened and why I’m bringing this cat into our camp, but I think Wingedstar will understand. Flowertail thought silently to herself. As she entered the camp every cat stared at her and the cat that was following her.

Wingedstar stepped out of his den and his eyes widened. Flowertail trotted up to him and before he could speak she started to explain

“Wingedstar I know you’re surprised but I couldn’t leave her there in the forest. She could have died, you can see how scrawny she is and if I sent her on her way to another clan they might not have been so willing to let her live as I was so please let her stay at least until she is rested up. If is to much for us right now I could help…” Wingedstar just looked at her and cut her off mid sentence when he had heard enough.

“Yes, she can stay till she rested but, if she would like to stay also that is a yes but if she wants to leave let her,” He turned to Whitewater.“Just I must tell you, though, the other clans in this forest will not be as friendly as I am being here and I suggest you stay.” Whitewater just nodded her head in agreement. Flowertail sighed in relief and walked back towards Whitewater and led her to the pile of freshkill. Take one piece and eat, you look very hungry. Flowertail grabbed a piece for herself and went into the nursery, after leading Whitewater to a nice patch of grass under the big willow tree, and went to sleep.

In a meadow on a night of a new moon a cat named Moonwhisper was standing. He sighed and looked around. All of a sudden he heard a voice.

Great trouble is ahead caused by the one who can move as swiftly and gracefully as water. This one will have great power but will have a choice on how to use such power.

Moonwhisper woke. He shook his head and got up. He walked out of the den to find the sun rising over the trees. He looked over to see the old cream and silver splotched queen walking towards him.

“Hello Frostpelt how are you feeling do you need anything.”

“Um actually I need some daisy leaves my joints are aching badly It was cold last night and I got all stiff.”

“Sure I will get that for you right now, one second.” Moonwhisper went back into his store of herbs. He grabbed some daisy leaves and brought them back out to Frostpelt, she took them and waved her tail as thanks when she walked back to the elders den.

Moonwhisper sighed and started to walk towards Wingedstar’s den to tell him about his dream. As he passed by the big willow he saw a cat he had never seen. She was very pretty and had this kind of light to her even though her coat was like an oil slick, but then he saw Flowertail with her kits walking over to this unknown cat.

“Hey Whitewater want to come with us?” He heard Flowertail say and the beautiful cat nodded. Moonwhisper thought for a moment and his brain clicked Whitewater? ‘Great trouble is ahead caused by the one who can move as swiftly and gracefully as water.’ Could it be this cat is going to be the cause of all our troubles? Moonwhisper shot another glance toward the cat named Whitewater with narrowed eyes and hurried even quicker to Wingedstar’s den.

Sandpaw stood over Eaglepaw. I wonder what he’s dreaming about. It always frightens him and sometimes he scares me too. Oh well I don’t know if I ever will know what goes on in his chaotic mind. She sighed. I guess I should wake him up now even though he looks so peaceful. She slowly nudged him with her nose. He woke slowly at first but then jumped to his feet with a yowl of despair. Sandpaw jump back horrified.

“What’s wrong Eaglepaw?”

“Umm what?”

“What happened?!” Eaglepaw looked over at her with scared eyes; the scent of adrenaline had filled the hollow.

“I don’t know. I didn’t know where I was. It was too dark and it didn’t smell right. I heard a cat scream and them something attacked me from behind. I didn’t see anything it was dark everywhere. I couldn’t even tell what attacked me and I didn’t know what to do,” He started shaking with fright and started to cower in the small den. Sandpaw comforted him,

“It’s okay it was just a nightmare it wasn’t real. Right?”

“Your right.” He stood up and followed Sandpaw out of the den. Your always right. He thought to himself. They soon got to the elders den and Sandpaw walked up to her favorite elder.

“Hey Frostpelt, do you need anything other than some freshkill?”

“No thanks dear but I would like some freshkill, oh and make sure to get some for the other elders.”

“Okay I’ll get a nice mouse for you.”

“Oh that would be great, now off you go.” Sandpaw and Eaglepaw ran off to the freshkill pile. They picked out some of the best pieces and brought them back to their elders.

Moonwhisper walked towards the leaders den and stopped right outside the opening.

“Wingedstar? I must speak with you right away.”

“Come in,” and Moonwhisper entered the den.“What is it you need to talk to me about?”

“My dream, I’m afraid that there is trouble looming ahead.”

“Really what did it foretell?”
I'm a kitty hear me roar*mew*

Your mom's mom's cousin's daughter!

~Frenchie~

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World