z

Young Writers Society

The Break In: a YWS fanfiction [Part Two added]

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:30 am
Emerson says...

Fand> I've never read Whit Oleander. =[ I want to, though! so, no.

Part DEUX!

The investigator looked uncomfortable. Maybe his tie was too tight around his neck, or he had realized just a little too late that his pants didn’t fit him anymore and the waistband was digging into his gut. Either way, he was making odd faces. Meshugenah thought that he might be constipated.

Meshugenah sat in the chair playing with a pen and trying to ignore the investigator.

“Is it true that you are the California leader of The Young Writers Society?” he asked.

She giggled a little bit, “No. And even if I was, why would I tell you? Where's the sense in that?”

The investigator, who Meshugenah finally realized was named Garret, raised his eye brow.

Meshugenah sighed, “If I was the leader of a covert operation, why would I fess up to it?”

Garret nodded like he actually understood this. He ran his hand through his sticky looking hair – perhaps he had gel in it? Either way it looked really gross.

“Yes.” Meshugenah rolled her eyes. “It's a wonderful website for young writers.”

Garret coughed. He didn’t like her eye roll, or her lack of respect for the investigation. “And it isn’t involved in terrorism?”

“Terrorism?” She looked confused for a moment. “You mean the Cabassi, no?” She paused for a moment and stared at Garret. He was scribbling something down on a note bad. Suddenly, Meshugenah sat up straight and said, “They are a covert group within YWS. I have no control over their actions.”

Again his eyebrow raised, “Why-double you-ess?”

“It’s an acronym.” She was thinking duh.

Garret continued about the investigation, “What do you know about the CCF?”

“Only that they are now attempting to charge for crits—a free service of YWS.”

Garret was going to ask something, since he didn’t understand a lick of what she just said, but he decided again it. Dang cult members, craziest people ever. “And what about SPEW?”

“SPEW? I know nothing of such a group.” Her voice was flat, and her face tried to look innocent. “Only a few members claim to be part of it; though, I do not know their intended purpose.”

He scribbled again in his notebook. Meshugenah thought he wrote, “I want another Big Mac for lunch. Not just one, this time,” but she couldn’t be sure.

“And who do you know that we could contact about SPEW?”

“I've heard my head of operations claim to being a ‘high-up’ integral part of it. Contact the Pig Lord.”

“Will do. And can you tell us why everyone goes by codenames?”

“Why not? Plus, I assume they believe it will make them harder to track.”

He spent a few minutes writing in his note pad and finally asked, “Do you know the member called Crysi?”

“Crysi? Oh yes.” She laughed, even snorted a little, “All too well, in fact.”

“So then, you could tell us that it is true she is/was taking flight lessons?”

“She is, in fact. Quite frankly, though, I don't see the appeal. I mean, who would want to fly when [s]world domination is[/s] it’s so much easier to stay at home, and use Google Earth to [s]spy[/s] see the same view?”

“Do you have any knowledge of whether Crysi is planning to use her flight skills to be a terrorist?”

“Crysi is a lose cannon. She could do anything from rescue kittens to dropping said kittens for SPEW sacrifice.”

“So then it is true that SPEW kills kittens? I thought you weren't in it/didn't know much?” Meshugenah noticed he liked to use slashed while speaking. He even verbalized it by saying, “I thought you weren’t in it – slash – didn’t know much?” She felt her inner grammar Nazi dying.

She shook her head quickly, “No, you're right. I don't know anything about SPEW.”

Garret looked more confused than ever. “But you just said that.....We recorded what you just said.”

“No I didn’t.”

He pressed rewind on the tape recorder and played it back. When her answer should have been heard, all that could be heard was, “I vote for Pat Buchanan.”

Garret tried to pretend he didn’t feel slightly crazy. “Well…” He fumbled to bring the tape recorder back up to speed. “Do you know the whereabouts of the leader, Nate?”

“Nate? Haven't heard from him in about two months.”

Garret was careful to write, “Two Months,” on his note pad next to the message about the Big Mac.

Meshugenah continued. “Every now and then, I'll get a message from him, but those aside, no. Where he is? I think he said something about [s]recruiting[/s] being attacked by a bunch of ten year olds.” She paused for a moment and seemed to be staring out into space, at something that wasn’t really there. “But I couldn't be sure. The [s]transmission[/s] email was rather abrupt.”

Garret finished scribbling something on his note pad then stared at Meshugenah. “You’re free to go.”

To be continued...

---

Not as good as the last section, imo, but something to move the story forward. Many thanks to our dear 'Genah.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:39 am
Black Ghost says...

The part about Pat Buchanan was the best. :lol:

MM

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:57 am
Rydia says...

You're right, not as good as the first but still very amusing and yes, now that I understand the pat Buchanan jokes, they're hilarious.Just a few specific points -

“Is it true that you are the California leader of The Young Writers Society?” [I think this should be 'the Californian leader...' and 'writers' should probably have an apostraphe.]

Garret was going to ask something, since he didn’t understand a lick of what she just said, but he decided again [Slight typo here. Should be 'against.'] it.

Crysi is a lose [Loose rather than lose.] cannon.

In general though, I love the insight into the club and you have a very interesting writing style so keep up the good work.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:13 am
tinny says...

'I vote for Pat Buchanan'

Priceless, Clau XD
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:25 am
Twit says...

Clau wrote:She felt her inner grammar Nazi dying.

:lol: :lol: What's with the [s]strikethru[/s] bit's though? I understand what you're doing, but it looks a bit untidy. Could you do it some other way?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:06 pm
Emerson says...

What's with the strikethru bit's though? I understand what you're doing, but it looks a bit untidy. Could you do it some other way?

That was all Meshugenah =/

Thanks all!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:36 pm
Wiggy says...

I definitely understood the strikethroughs/slashes bits. :D Hilarious, and brilliant as always, Clau!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:52 pm
JabberHut says...

This is really amazing, Clau! It certainly made my day. I found this section still very amusing. The Pat Buchanen comment was priceless. XD

Again his eyebrow raised, “Why-double you-ess?”

That was very confusing the first couple times I read that line. How about something like: "Why--double-you--ess." Use two dashes instead of one and the one dash between "double" and "you." Or, you could just say, "Y...W...S...?" Just a suggestion!

Keep writing! Can't wait to see more!!

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:18 pm
Fand says...

"I vote for Pat Buchanan!"

:lol:

Priceless, Clau, priceless.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:49 pm
Meshugenah says...

Oh lord... see, I thought you would do something creative with the slashes, not leave them. Though I do talk like that at times.

But yes. That was all me.

Loved it, as always, 'Dettie.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:56 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Claudette, you have my fandom.

*Fans Claudette*
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:13 am
Areida says...

You have my fandom too! I think you and Grif should have some kind of badge or something, as the most famous of YWS fanfic writers. :P

I loved "I vote for Pat Buchanan" and inner grammar Nazi parts best, though. Teehee, good stuff here!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 pm
Poor Imp says...

Ha - the Mesh strikeout addition is hilarious. (''...[s]transmission[/s] email...") ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 pm
Dream Deep says...

Fand wrote:xD I can't wait for more.

Incidentally, did you purposely name the correspondent after the author of "White Oleander?"

... I thought that was Janet Fitch...

When I use caps I do not want you to read it like a little screech, I want you to read it like a 5,000 year old ogre with the strength of 10,000 men.
— avianwings47