z

Young Writers Society

Welcoming Freedom Chapter 6

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:04 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Thank you so much Night Mistress for informing me about not posting chapter 6. Here it is and I know it is totally written in a different way than Ch. 7. I will see what I can do.

Chapter 6

Someone New

“I’m leaving for the hospital, Bella.” Carlisle said as he walked into my music room. “Alright. Love you!”

“Love you too!” He gave me a hug then left.

I returned to playing the piano. I let my fingers play of their own accord. Usually my songs were exciting, happy, and joyful. And on some days, they tare me apart with their sad melodies. This usually happens when I think about my mother and father. The life I was taken out of. I am thankful for this life and not being beaten everyday. But sometimes I wonder why I was damned to this.

We moved to Forks, Washington a few years after I was changed. It is extremely cloudy and rainy here.

Perfect, for us vampires. Carlisle says that I have adapted well. He and I go on regular walks in the town and I have no trouble being around humans. This makes me feel better about myself.

We live three miles off the road. Our house is surrounded by very green trees. It is two story and white.
We are trying to remodel it and fix the first floor. It was in bad shape when Carlisle bought it. There is plenty of wildlife here and lots of running space. So far, we have had only two sunny days.

Carlisle was going to enroll me into the town’s high school soon. He so badly wanted me to go to college, but he wanted me to get my diploma first. I’m so glad that my father supports me.

I noticed that I had stopped playing music. I guess I was in deep thought. I slowly stood up from the piano bench and grabbed my sheet music. I was going to finish my song later.

I walked down the stairs into our living room. I could smell the plaster and paint that was scraped off the walls. I scrunched up my nose in disgust. We seriously needed to finish the walls soon.

I plunked down on one of the plush couches and grabbed my Latin study book. Carlisle already taught me Spanish, German, and French. Now he was teaching me Latin. I think it is such a pretty language and I one day want to speak it fluently.

I got caught up learning the language that I didn’t hear my father’s silent footsteps break through the trees. What pulled me out of my studying was the sound of soft breathing. “Bella, get the guest room ready. I need to save her.” I looked at Carlisle. In his arms was a young woman in her early twenties, about twenty-five. Her caramel colored hair was matted with blood. I looked to Carlisle with wide eyes. “Now Bella, please.” I nodded my head and ran up the stairs.

I quickly cleared everything off of the one bed that we had in the house and grabbed my father’s medical bag. Carlisle walked in and laid the woman down. She groaned and cried out “Mina.” I looked at Carlisle questioningly. He shrugged and held out his hand for his bag. After I gave it to him he said, “I found her on a cliff. I saw her jump off and hit a ledge. She kept repeating “Mina, my baby” when she jumped.” I looked towards the woman. “What are you going to do, father?”

He paused for a second then looked me in the eyes. “I’m going to bite her.” My eyes widened. “If I don’t, she won’t live and I can’t stand to see her die.” Sorrow etched his voice. “Do you know how?” I asked. “Not exactly. I didn’t quite see how the vampire that bit you did it. But I’m going to need you to stay with me. Can you handle the blood?”

I sniffed the air and her scent flooded my senses. It only lasted a few seconds though and I nodded my head. “Good. Now, what I need you to do is to hold down her arms. She is going to thrash a bit when I bite her. Make sure you don’t crush her but still keep a firm grip on her. You ready?” “Are you ready?” I asked him, knowing that this was going to be hard on him. He smiled, “We’ll find out.”

I pinned the woman’s arms down and watched as my father lowered his head to her neck. He paused and looked up at me. I nodded my head in encouragement and he proceeded to lean down. With a deep, un-needed breath, Carlisle bit her.

She gasped and screamed with pain. Carlisle removed his teeth and looked away from the woman. He had a sad look on his face and shame filled his red tinted eyes. I smiled at him and pushed down on the woman’s shaking form. Carlisle grabbed her feet and we waited for the three long days to be over.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

ah.

carlisle changed Esme.

I loved it.

your are welcome. I am off to read chapter 8.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:04 am
Writing for love is a pas says...

yay! Esme! Thank you for writing this story! I have spent the whole of tonight reading it!!
No where to run...baby let's hide. Take her in your arms on a chilling winter's night. Watch the stars twinkle and glisten. Know that you've found the one person that will listen. ~*(ME)*~

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:11 am
JordanEmert says...

Esme'shere, terrific! I can't wait until you put Edward in. (If you do!) ans see how his and Bella's relationship is. Well, I'm going to go read the next Chapter!
Well, yes mate. See, I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you need to watch out for, because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly..stupid.
Jack Sparrow<3

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan