z

Young Writers Society

Hard Stand Chapter 7 The Broken Skull

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:11 am
lordgluzman says...

Sam quickly ran to Brandon grabbed his bloody hand and cried “You are going to be ok.”
Brandon did nothing but shook his head and closed his eyes.

Chapter 7
The Broken Skull

On the way back it was quite. None of us was in a mood of talking; the only thing you could hear was the roar of the engines of the pelican. I was leaning hard on the seat and comparing in my head all the battles I had in my life. Seems like the one I had right now was the scariest, and the drake’s one. I couldn’t stop thinking about what happened, what would have happened if I died or if I wouldn’t do what I did then what would happen? All the questions were pushing in my head, but I did not know how to cure it because I didn’t know the answer.

“We are landing.” The pilot reported. I could feel now the plane shattering and vibrating as it landed in a deep hole under the ground. As the doors opened I saw a much different setting then the war. Computers and cameras hanging or strapped all over the hard cave walls, people talking and laughing, nurses and doctors running there and there helping the wounded, and of course no firing noises.

We have now entered the main base of the UNSC forces in Africa. I walked slowly out of the drop ship. Before I could even blink a mob of doctors and nurses circled me and walked me to the clinic. One of them told me to sit down on the floor since all the seats were taken. As I turned my head back I saw at least one doctor and two marines trying to help Vlad to the clinic. It was really funny to watch how all they struggled to carry him since he was a big guy. They seated him rite beside me and left. I only looked at him and smiled. Vlad turned to me and lifted his scar eye brow and asked with his strong low voice. “What never saw me getting screwed?”
I chuckled a little bit and answered “I never saw a big tank like you taken o the clinic.” Vlad only lifted his leg a tiny bit, and showed me a huge spike sticking out of his leg. “Wow, but you are not feeling any pain?” “I am trying too.” He growled. As I stared at his firing face a doctor came in front of me and reported “Sir it’s time for me to check you.” I stood up and wished to Vlad good luck.

The doctor leaded me into his room. I decided to not even to wait a second so I questioned the doctor.” So tell me why am I here?” “One of the nurses told me that your fore head was full of scars, bruises and blood!”
“I know! I have been falling a lot and also got hit in the head multiple times in battle.”
“Exactly your skull is going to brake if you will keep on partying like that!”
“Excuse me but I have a friend waiting outside and he has a needle stuck in his leg isn’t that more important then me falling on my head?” There was a small silence for a moment. “Can’t you get it? A needle in a leg can be taken out and the person will survive but your skull won’t. That’s why I will need you to take these pills, once before and after the battle.”
“How long?”
“Let’s just say until you run out of the pills.”
“Should I then see you sir?”
“If we will survive by that time then it is a yes.”
I was shocked by that moment. Then I turned around and left the doctors room.
Blood is red
But Heaven is blue
The Devil will fined out
And take you

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic