z

Young Writers Society

Hard Stand Chapter 5

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 am
lordgluzman says...

I saw him crying in pain and screaming “Is that all? Is that all you? Mother F$%@ers!” As he swore he ran straight at the last brute. Next second I knew there was nothing left from the brute nor Mick but pieces of flesh and bone.

Chapter 5
King of the Hill

The firing noises were dieing away. “We must go back the center of the hill and help our comrades in battle!” Vlad exclaimed. As I helped my self up the marines were already running to the location. I barley had any energy left in my empty body.

Finally all the last USNC forces regrouped. I was so weak that I dropped my self on the hard stone
ground. As I turned my head towards the place were all the marines were standing; I saw them all lying as well. I felt the freezing wind and the stench of dead bodies; you could barely see anything because of the smoke. “Do you think that the Covenant are gone?” a soldier yelled some where behind the smoke.” “No, impossible, their was still so much of them when we started to retreat! I think they are regrouping as well.” Another stranger replied. I felt a little anger inside my body “You call this regrouping? What the hell are you even thinking?” I screamed out. “Well what else are we doing?” The solder commented back. “We are doing no shit but sitting… No I am sorry we are lying on the ground!” I screamed.

Before I wanted to finish my state I heard an explosion. “Fire!!!” Anzi yelled. I began to think that it’s over. I heard now nothing but soldiers pleading and screaming. “No, no! You are not getting me!!!” I screamed as I jumped up and ran towards the enemy. I picked up a small knife on the battle field. I grabbed it and through at a Jackle coming at a wounded soldier. I wanted to help the wounded guy but just as I ran to him he died. I ran up to him thinking please don’t go away, but it looks like I came too late. All of a sudden I felt a huge push. Next thing I knew I was laying on the ground looking at a brute standing in front of me. Just as he picked up his energy sword hope came to me. Olli and Brandon fired at the brute from the back. “Thanks for saving my life again.” I said. I got back up.

“Damn are we playing king of the hill or what?” I laughed “Agreed, looks like first we control this hill then they do.” “Ow damn it!” Olli cried as he pointed at the sky. He put on his broken glasses and looked again “Drones!!!” he yelled “Everyone get to cover!” (Drones are the last ranked specie Covenant. They are size of a normal human, but they really look like insects. They can also fly.) “Into the jungle!” Brandon ordered.
Blood is red
But Heaven is blue
The Devil will fined out
And take you

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay