z

Young Writers Society

The Hard Stand Chapter 2

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:23 pm
lordgluzman says...

The ending of the last chapter: When I was just about to grab the neddler, my eyes widened up as they cached a huge foot stepping on the grunts weapon as I looked in the face of my enemy that was just about to kill me.

Chapter 2
The memory

Everything was dark at first, but in seconds a light was growing. I found my self sitting on a pelican drop ship. “We are about to land marines, hold on tight!” the pilot warned. In the next 5 minuets I was out of the plane trying to understand what the hell was gowing on! Is this a dream I wondered? When I looked back I saw a whole group of medics running at the plane getting out the wounded soldiers. “You are terribly wounded sir!” a nurse screamed “What I don’t feel a thing.” The nurse looked at me like I am an idiot “You are shot sir. Write next to your shoulder!” “Hell no I’m no-t-t. Holy crap I am, but how? When?” Their was a silent pause, but I decided to stop the quietness “Excuse me, I need to go. As I turned my back on her I understudied that this was a memory. Hullo, I thought. I think I should shut up and let the person that I am in do the work for me. All of a sudden I started to walk not knowing where. I came to an old scrubby door and opened it. It was my own cabinet.
(Ow ye I almost forgot two days ago I became a captain, but not fully. I was still taught how to be one by one of my other commanders. So that’s why I have my own private room.) As I sat down on my bed the door opened again. A beautiful enchanted young woman, Tex, walked in. “You feeling alright?” I didn’t answer (Not remembering why I did that and when.) “Why did you save me?” She asked. I started to begin remembering me running down a battlefield bullets flew over my head. I saw Tex fighting a brute (They usually fight in packs and are really ruff guys. They are really looking like guerrillas in a physical and emotional way. The brutes are 7-8 feet tall.) I saw one of his comrades trying to fire Tex in the back with a spiker. I ran fast as I can pushing her to the ground, shooting one of them in the face with my M90 shotgun and getting shot in the arm. “Why?” Tex asked the second time. “Because I have to protect my comrades, and it’s my duty.” “No! No. I don’t want any more lies.” I mad a deep breath “I love.” All of a sudden I felt her lips touch mine. The room started to get darker and darker untill.
Last edited by lordgluzman on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood is red
But Heaven is blue
The Devil will fined out
And take you

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:07 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Ahem... Put the thing in the beginning... into the last chapter... not this.

So let's start.

In the next 5 minuets I was out of the plane trying to understand what the hell (had happened)?

And this part:

“You are terribly wounded sir!” a nurse screamed (Paragraphing) “What I don’t feel a thing.” The nurse looked at me like I am (would have been.... not am.) an idiot “You are shot sir. Write next to your shoulder!” (Press enter here) “Hell no I’m no-t-t. Holy crap I am, but how? When?” Their was a silent pause, but I decided to stop (Break, not stop) the quietness (Try the word: silence) “Excuse me, I need to go. As I turned my back on her I understudied that this was a memory. Hullo, I thought. I think I should shut up and let the person that I am in do the work for me. All of a sudden I started to walk not knowing where. I came to an old scrubby door and opened it. It was my own cabinet

And this:

(They usually fight in packs and are really ruff guys. They are really looking like guerrillas (Gorillas) in a physical and emotional way. The brutes are 7-8 feet tall.)

Otherwise very good.

:D

***********************************************************************************

LORD ANZIUS WUZ HERE :smt029
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

Random avatar

Reviews: 29
Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:54 am
View Likes
laura claridge says...

I'm back because i was intrigued by the first chapter :D

Again with the paragraphing. For me, seeing just one big block of writing is un-nerving and hard to read, especially when there's dialogue switching between different people all cramped into one space.
(Adding paragraphs also makes your work seem longer :wink: )

And the explaining thing in brackets. I don't really think you need to put it in there.

I liked how you put the last bit of the last chapter in at the beginning, as a reminder.

You are beautiful because you let yourself feel, and that is a brave thing indeed.
— Shinji Moon