z

Young Writers Society

One Night Pt 1

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:19 am
Night Mistress says...

Neither knew how they came to the understanding, let alone the agreed decision to take time away from the others and train together, yet it happened, and soon, the two captains of the two teams, the Bladebreakers, and the Guardians Spirits, found themselves trekking through the wilderness of Beijing, deep into the mountains to a location, a small cabin Cathleen had told them about.

In silence, the two walked through the random trails that Serena picked out delicately, going along, each deep in their own thoughts, each covertly glancing at the other, before focusing ahead once again. Finally, the blue-eyed girl paused in a selected spot, glancing around carelessly as she dropped her bag lightly onto the ground by a fallen tree.

“This is far enough.” Serena looked over her shoulder to where Kai stood searching the area with his dark eyes. She turned away again as his gaze swung to her. “We’ll train here. We aren’t far from the cabin.”
Kai nodded once in understanding, letting his bag slide from his shoulders.

“Let’s get started then.” He muttered taking out Dranzer.

Serena also took out Ceres, glancing at the bitchip as it glowed briefly, she hesitated for a second, then steeled herself, and abruptly walked into the trees.“See you later Kai."

He watched her go without saying anything, and feeling a twist in his chest. Pain. Pain of hurt from her always going and leaving him. He shook his head annoyed with himself, why was he always acting like this around her? He was supposed to be the unfeeling bastard (as Tyson so nicely called him at times) of the century. Why had he fallen for her? Sighing softly he slumped letting the vulnerability he let no one see overcome him for a moment. He still had to tell her of his feelings for her...somehow. He had no idea of what he was supposed to do...to say to her, to make her understand...

Staring ahead his eyes reflected some of the small emotions that were within him sneak into the crimson orbs. Uncertainty, loneliness, affection. And he couldn’t forget that if he did that, he was bound to face the ultimate thing he would never survive...rejection. Kai snapped Dranzer into his launcher and released the blade with a vicious pull of his arm. How am I supposed to tell how I feel about her? I can’t keep this in for much longer. He thought frowning to himself. Better not think about it...bloody hormones...

“Dranzer, Fire Arrow!” Kai commanded turning his thoughts to what he had originally come up here to do.

Train.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Reviews: 2
Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:36 pm
EtherealMystic says...

I must admit, that I normally read Kai/Rei fanfiction, but your idea might just make me change my mind. I would like to know what happens next, and possibly if Serena and Kai will ever get together! I love the way you can make Kai seem caring, while still holding on to his 'I don't give a darn' attitude. Goodjob
Art is a Bang, and within this palm an explosion of creativity shall reign down upon you, un; Art lasts forever Deidara, just like me-a puppet. And yet, you died.

Random avatar

Reviews: 29
Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:28 am
laura claridge says...

Serena also took out Ceres, glancing at the bitchip as it glowed briefly, she hesitated for a second, then steeled herself, and abruptly walked into the trees.“See you later Kai."

a bit sudden don't ya think? and i'm assuming it was her idea to go train there in the first place?

other than that, i liked the way you write Kai.

Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda