z

Young Writers Society

Chapter 2

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:48 pm
Pawprint says...

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes, the room was dark. I sat up, still dizzy from my sleep and felt around the walls, blindly looking around for the light switch. When I found it, i flicked it on and groaned as the sudden bright light stung my eyes. With my hand over my eyes, I opened the door slowly and clumped down the stairs, half asleep.

"Mom?" I called, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I looked around, slightly confused when it remained silent. I walked to the kitchen a little more awake now. After a second of standing in the kitchen like a statue, I spotted and bright pink sticky on the refrigerator. I walked closer to read it.

Jane,
I went to drop your grandmother off at her house. She decided to be alone tonight. I will be back late.

My grandmother's house was two hours away! Why would my mother even bother. I shook my head trying to understand. Suddenly, I felt a chill and every thing seem to...stop. I peaked at the clock to see it's time and realized it had stopped ticking. I shivered at the sudden cold and looked around to find the open window only to find every window closed. That was when I heard a big boom from upstairs.

I ran to the stairs then froze, deciding whether to call the police or investigate. I waited in the silence then with a sigh I made my way up the stairs.
My door was closed and stood just outside from my room. I heard some whispering and, I was not sure what else I heard, but I think they were bells, soft, high bells. I also heard a lot of shush-ing. With a deep breath I threw open the door. My room was empty and the window was wide open. EVerything was suddenly quiet.

I slowly and cautiously walk to the center of my room and turned a full circle. My room was quite messy, but I saw no one. Suddenly, I heard a whoosh from behind me. I whirled around and stared out the open window. I just stood there, sure that I saw a streak of light . I shivered, then quickly shut the window. I jumped to the sudden loudnesss of of the clocks then laughed to myself.

What just happened? I wondered as I glanced out the window again. I sighed as ooked away from my window thinking about nothing.

Then I decided to clean up a little and scowled at my messy room. I picked up some scattered clothes aroung my bed and stuffed them in my drawers. Then I put books in a pile on top od a small round table. I looked around the room and grunted as I fell onto my bed, giving up on making my room any cleaner.

Playing with my fingers, bored to death, I looked at the clock and was surprised to see in it was only six pm. I closed my eyes, and just decided to daydream since i had nothing else to do and was not tired enough to sleep.

I know it is short, but I will fix it later
Visit my blog anytime!
weblog.php?w=871

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— Apple Inc.