z

Young Writers Society

Watcher (13)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:15 pm
Night Mistress says...

It had been three long years before Elvina returned to Cair Paravel. She returned on the night of Christmas Eve. High King Peter and the royal siblings were holding their annual Christmas ball until Father Christmas appeared late to hand out the presenst.

Peter was resting in his throne as he watched his kingdom dance at the Christmas ball. His brother Edmund and his sister Lucy were dancing together (in a brother-sister way of course). Peter turned to where another sister, Susan, was. She was dancing with a faun. Peter smiled then put his head in his hands. He wished that Elvina was here, and then he too would be dancing.

They danced until the final bell. Everyone was quiet in the great hall. Then they heard it.

“Ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas,” Father Christmas cheered at the end of the great hall. Everyone cheered because he was here and that meant they would get presenst.

“I will give their majesties their presents first,” he said as he walked to the dais where the kings and queens gathered. He arrived at the end, put down his bag and opened the bag. He started with Lucy, who wasn’t little at all now. She was now at the age of twelve and was dressed beautifully in a light blue gown.

“Lucy, you have grown into a beautiful young lady. So for Christmas I’m giving you a gold chained necklace,” Father Christmas said as he picked a gold necklace from his bag. “It is simple but elegant,” he said as he handed it to her. He moved to Edmund, who was standing next to Lucy.

Edmund, who was now at the age of fifteen, was on his way to becoming a very handsome young man. He was dressed in a dark green tunic, black breeches, and black boots.

“Edmund, your gift is somewhere else, in the stables. I know your horse, Philip, has been with you ever since you first came to Narnia. This horse is your warhorse,” Father Christmas said. He moved to Susan. She was now at the age of eighteen, and was being pursued by many young men in Narnia and in other countries.

“Susan, your gift is a beautiful new gown, which I know you will find a ball to wear it to,” Father Christmas said as he gave her the dress. The dress was made of pure blue silk that matched Susan’s eyes perfectly.

He moved to Peter, who was the last of the monarchs and was the most important. He was now at the age of 20 and was so achingly handsome. Many young ladies tried to get him to court them, but he said that he had promised someone else.

“My King, your gift is a ring, to which you will give your loved one,” Father Christmas said as he handed Peter a little black velvet box. “You also have another gift and it’s waiting in the courtyard.”

Peter looked at Father Christmas. “ Go get her, Peter,” Father Christmas hinted. He turned away to give another presents to others. Peter looked at Edmund, who clapped him on the shoulder.

“Go find out what it is,” his brother said.

“Thanks,” he said. He left the great hall from one of the side entrances and walked to the courtyard. As he got closer and closer to the courtyard, he heard a melody.

How I remember sleepless nights,
when we would read by candlelight,
and on the windowpane outside
a new world made of snow.

A million feathers falling down,
a million stars that touch the ground:
so many secrets to be found
amid the falling snow.

That voice he thought. He quickened his pace.

Maybe I am falling down;
tell me, should I touch the ground?
Maybe I won't make a sound
in the darkness all around.

The silence of a winter's night
brings memories I hold inside;
remembering a blue moonlight
upon the fallen snow.

Now he was running. Please, don’t let her leave again, please he thought as he ran to the courtyard.

Maybe I am falling down;
tell me, should I touch the ground?
Maybe I won't make a sound
in the darkness all around.

I close my window to the night.
I leave the sky her tears of white,
and all is lit by candlelight
amid the falling snow.

And all is lit by candlelight
amid the falling snow.

He arrived as the melody ended. He looked around the courtyard until he saw a person in a white cloak and dress. He slowly walked out to the person. The person looked at him. He stopped where he was. The person stood up, lifted her hands and removed her hood.

“Elvina,” Peter breathed. She removed her cloak and set it on the bench. She was dressed in a white off-shoulder gown, trimmed with gold. Her hair was down and had a diamond hairclip in it. Around her neck was a crystal teardrop choker with matching earrings. She was all-around beautiful.

“You’re an angel,” Peter whispered as tears began to spill down his face. He walked to her and took her in an embrace. She buried her head in his neck. She pulled back and wiped away his tears.

“Peter, my peter, why are you crying?” She asked as she continued wiping his tears away.

“I’m happy that you’re back. You never wrote me, telling me that you were coming back. I thought you left forever,” he said as he pulled her back into his arms.

“Sorry Peter. I’ve been busy and I forgot to write. I’m so sorry.” She said into his neck. He pulled her back and kissed her passionately. She moved her arms up to his neck. He pulled her closer. He pulled back slightly to look at her.

“I love you, Peter, My King,” Elvina whispered.

“I guess your absence did do some good,” he whispered. He suddenly remembered the ring that Father Christmas had given him for Christmas. It’s too soon but I don’t want to lose her he thought. He pulled away from her completely.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing,” he said. “I know it’s too soon to ask you of this, but I don’t want to lose you.” He went up to her, took her hands, and knelt in front of her.

“Elvina, Watcher of Narnia, will you do me the honor of being my Queen?” he asked as he opened the black velvet box. Inside was a ring. The band was shaped into a vine and the diamond was pink and shaped into a rose.

Tears started to run down Elvina’s face. “How can you ask that question?” she asked. Peter’s face fell from the goofy grin to a frown.

“You idiot, of course, I will,” she said as she got down on her knees, hugged and kissed him. She pulled back.

“You don’t now how happy you’ve made me,” Peter said as he stroked her cheek.

“Peter, promise me one thing, though,” she said.

“Anything,” he said.

“When we marry, can we wed on this day?” she asked.

“Of course, beloved,” he said. He kissed her and then stood up. He held out a hand for her, and she took it. He grabbed her cloak and put it on. They both went inside and joined the others. Everyone hugged Elvina one at a time. After that, Peter announced his and Elvina’s engagement. That only resulted in more hugs from Edmund, Susan, and Lucy.

And that’s where this story ends, stayed tuned for the sequel.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:59 pm
Twit says...

Ah, a nice Happily Ever After! :D I like the songs that Elvina sings, and Father Christmas still visiting. :)

NM wrote:He was now at the age of 20 and was so achingly handsome.

It's better to write numbers than show them. So, 20 = twenty.

NM wrote:He turned away to give [s]another[/s] presents to others.

Another should be more.

NM wrote: Please, don’t let her leave again, please, he thought as he ran to the courtyard.

Comma to end the thought.

NM wrote:“Peter, my peter, why are you crying?” She asked as she continued wiping his tears away.

Capital letter on Peter, and small letter on she.

NM wrote:I thought you had? left forever,”

Missing word = had.

NM wrote:It’s too soon but I don’t want to lose her, he thought.

Comma to end thoughts.

NM wrote:“You don’t now how happy you’ve made me,” Peter said as he stroked her cheek.

Now = know.

Very nice fanfic! :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

As ideas are always better than their execution, so too must dough taste better than cookies.
— Horisun