z

Young Writers Society

The Watcher(08)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:47 pm
Night Mistress says...

A couple of hours later, Aslan and the White Witch emerged from his tent. Everyone was present, including Peter and Elvina. They didn’t stand next to each other like before. The White Witch walked by, taking a look at Edmund and Elvina then walking to her throne and turning around.

“She has renounced her claim on the son of Adam’s blood.” Aslan said. The crowd cheered at the happy news.

“How do I know your promise will be kept?” Jadis asked. Aslan let out a roar causing her to fall back into her throne and take off. The crowd cheered again. Elvina looked over to Aslan and saw that he had a somber look. He looked at her and motioned for her to come to him. She obeyed.

“Milord, what’s the matter?” she asked.

“Come walk with me. We have to talk,” He said as he headed for the forest. Elvina looked at the crowd and the siblings. They were as happy as could be. Young Lucy looked at her and smiled, then turned back to whomever she was talking to. Elvina follows Aslan.

“What is it that you wanted to speak to me about?” she asked as she walked beside him.

“I want you to ride ahead to Cair Pavael and ready everything for the coronation,” He said.

“But, sir, wouldn’t I be more helpful on the battlefield?” Elvina asked.

“You would, but I’m not going to risk your life. We can’t train another excellent spy like you. You’re your father’s child,” he said. It saddened Elvina to think of her father and mother. Long before the great winter, her father and mother worked for the king and queen. Her father had been a spy for King Thorn, and her mother had been a lady-in-waiting for Queen Swanwhite. Elvina had her mother’s looks and her father’s wits.

Elvina looked at Aslan. “Milord, who will accompany me to the castle?” she asked.

“Take the dryads and the naiads with you. You all will leave after dinner. I believe everyone will want a good song for dinner,” Aslan said.

“I’m to sing tonight. I haven’t sung in so long, Milord. I fear I may be rusty,” she said.

“You’ll do fine, now let’s return to camp,” Aslan said as he walked back to camp. Elvina followed.

Hours pasted, and it was nearly dark. Everyone in the camp was readying for dinner. The siblings were sitting, watching people, creatures, and animals ready for the dinner.

“I wish we could help with dinner. I’m bored,” Lucy said. Peter chuckled. Aslan and Elvina then arrived together. Elvina had changed into a simple black gown.

“Come friends, let’s dine together, and for I fear all of us will be in battle,” Aslan said gravely. Everyone fetched their plates and cups of juice and wine. Everyone took a seat near the fire in the middle of camp. Peter kept glancing over to Elvina, who was sitting with dryads. Elvina kept feeling Peter’s gaze on her through out the dinner.

Aslan looked at his followers and the children. “Troubles ease into our minds this night, but a song can soothe them away,” he said.

“Milord,” a female faun said, “who will sing for us?”

“Lady Elvina,” Aslan said as he turned to the lady. Elvina put down her glass and stood. Everyone saw a different beauty in Elvina than the one they saw in daylight. She seemed to melt into the darkness of night, and the light of the fire made her pale skin glow.

Peter heard a murmur of “she’s even more beautiful then her mother.”

Elvina opened her mouth and the words spilled out.

Who can say
where the roads goes
where the day flows
only time
and who can say
if your love grows
as your heart chose
only time

Who can say
why your heart sighs
as your love flies
only time
and who can say
why your heart cries
when your love flies
only time

Who can say
when the roads meet
that love might be
in your heart
and who can say
when the day sleeps
if the night keeps
all your heart

Night keeps all your heart

Who can say
if your love grows
as your heart chose
only time
and who can say
where the road goes
where the day flows
only time

Who knows only time
who knows only time

The words faded away gently. Everyone applauded.

“Thank you. I fear I must leave to turn to my bed, for I will not be in battle with you. Good night,” she said as she gathered her things. She walked back to her tent and started packing for her journey. Peter left dinner and went to her tent.

“Elvina?” Peter asked as he stood outside the front of her tent. Elvina came to the flap and opened it.

“Yes, Peter?” she asked as she stared at him.

“Can I talk to you?” he asked.

“Sure, come in,” she said as she stepped aside.

Peter walked in and looked around.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“To Cair Paravel. I’m to ready for you and your siblings' coronation,” she replied as she continued packing her bags. Peter looked at her. He walked up behind her and put his arms around her. Elvina stopped what she was doing.

“Peter…” she began.

“Shh…” he said as he turned her to him. “I need this answer. Why can’t we be together?”

“Because you’re a king and I’m your vessel,” she said as she looked away. “ Plus, I serve Aslan as well.” He lightly grabbed her chin and pulled her to look at him.

“None of that matters to me,” he said. He put his face near hers. “I know you have feelings or something towards me.” And he kissed her. Elvina let him kiss her. She shut her eyes and enjoyed the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. He then pulled slightly away to look at her. Her cheeks were flushed and her dark green eyes were even darker, almost lookingblack with desire.

“You are right. I do have feelings for you, ever since I first saw you in the forest.” she breathed. He smiled and kissed her again. He pulled away.

“You have a beautiful voice. Could you do me a favor?” he asked.

“What?” she asked.

“Sing me to sleep,” he said.

“Peter…” she began.

“Please,” he begged.

“Alright,” she said, finally giving in. “Come on, let’s put you to bed.” He grabbed her hands and pulled her to his tent. He lay down in his hammock, and Elvina took a seat on the side. She stroked his hair and began to sing.

Once, as my heart remembers
all the stars were fallen embers,
once, when the night seemed forever,
I was with you.

Once, in the care of morning,
in the air was all belonging.
Once, when that day was dawning,
I was with you.

How far we are from morning, how far are we
and the stars shining through the darkness,
falling in the air.

Once, as the night was leaving
into us our dreams were weaving.
Once all dreams were worth keeping.
I was with you

Once, when our hearts were singing,
I was with you.

The Words faded away softly. She looked at Peter. He looked like small child. All of a sudden, she saw Aslan’s shadow. She stood up and walked out of Peter’s tent.

“You’re going, aren’t you?” she asked.

“Don’t follow me, my child. You must stay at Cair Paravel.Whatever happens, stay there,” he said and walked off. She entered Peter’s tent, got a short piece of parchment, and wrote a note for him to read when he woke. She returned to her tent and gathered her things.

She changed into her riding clothes and packed her saddlebags. She then went to the horse. Balan came to her.

“Ready, Balan?” she asked.

“To where?” he asked.

“Home,” she said as tears came to her eyes. As she saddled him up, a dryad came up to her.

“Milady, I’m one of the dryads to go with you. My name is Sadira,” the dryad said.

“Very well. We’ll meet at Cair Paravel,.” Elvina said as she swung herself up on top of Balan.

“As you wish, milady,” she said, and vanished.

“Let’s go.” Elvina kick Balan into a gallop and rode into the night.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:24 pm
Twit says...

This was a very nice in-between chapter. And the songs....were they your own, or did you copy them from some place else? Are they in the film?

Sad, again. Maalesh...

Anyway:

NM wrote:“Because you’re a king and I’m your vessel,” she said as she looked away.

Vessel????

I think you mean "vassel", or however you spell it.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:05 pm
Night Mistress says...

No they are from Enya. I forgot to put that down at the bottom. nope they are not in the movie.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:13 am
ginnyp0tter says...

Interesting so far! I like it!

Here are some nit-picky details.

The Words faded away softly

"Words" should not be capitilized.

Elvina follows Aslan.

The sudden jump to present tense when everything was in past tense confused me.

Hours pasted, and it was nearly dark. Everyone in the camp was readying for dinner. The siblings were sitting, watching people, creatures, and animals ready for the dinner.

Don't you mean "Hours passed? And the last two sentences had ready/readying too frequently. I'd switch one of the "readies" out with preparing/prepare or something like that.
"The lofty bookshelves sag
Under thousands of sleeping souls
Silence, hopeful --
Every time I open a book, a soul is awakened."
--Xi Chaun, New Generation

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight