z

Young Writers Society

The Sharing In Power

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:23 am
Rahul says...

Its a story of girl Eva Lyons, who along with her friends live a happy, peaceful life but one day she with her friends Alain,Ryan and KIsha where they all discover that they exhibit some special powers and are chosen to kill an evil wizard Lilaha,

The story has all genres romance, horror, fiction, thrill an adventure. It will be love by today's teens

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:04 am
Metalmauzen says...

okay, I don't think I can review this.

Good luck on writing though. It sounds interesting enough ;)
This could very well be the push that makes you move

Reviews: 3
Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:33 pm
MusicGodess94 says...

Well good luck to you but i"m not sure if this can count as a review. ANyway good luck. :)
[i]"I don't care what you think as long as its about me. The best of us can find happiness in misery",Fall Out Boy-I Don't Care

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:24 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Rahul - I'm not entirely sure what comments you are hoping to recieve from this synopsis, so I'm just going to give comments as best I can.

This sounds like a cross between a story pitch and a marketing campaign. It sounds exciting enough; friends pulled out of an average life by extraordinary circumstances and thrown into a battle against evil has been a compelling plot for many stories throughout the ages. Simply put, however, this is too vague to really give us a strong indication of whether or not you have a strong concept. Phrases like "happy, peaceful life," "special powers" and "evil wizard" are not very descriptive. Saying that it contains a variety of genres does not narrow down the flavor of the book for us. There are a plethora of images that would fit into those descriptions and narratives are all about the details. Give us a taste of what this story would look like in detail and you'll hook us much more effectively.

For instance: What kind of girl is the main character? Is she happy in her peaceful life? Is she bored? Is she oblivious to the idea that it could be anything else? Is she spunky? Is she shy? How does she know her friends? What kind of powers are they going to exhibit? Who chose them to kill the evil wizard? Why do they have to kill the evil wizard? Obviously, he's evil, so that's a good reason, but what plan does he have that they need to put an end to?

Also, remember to proofread all your work when you post.

It will be love by today's teens

^^^ This requires a "d" at the end of love, and a period at the end of the sentence.

I can tell that you're very excited about this project. I hope you write it soon. :)

(P.S. Does anyone know if the YWS has a section for getting story pitches critiqued? That would be useful.)
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits