z

Young Writers Society

Thomas Pinewood & The Grail Of Champions Piece 2

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:36 pm
EliteHusky says...

Thomas woke up in a haste of excitement. He had forgotten to set the alarm and was now quickly running downstairs to make breakfast. However two smiling males greeted him at the end of the staircase.
"Morning Thomas! Bacon or eggs?" "Bacon or eggs!”

“Why can't he have both!"

"Blimey Charlie! The cholesterol in these is sure to give him a heart attack let alone anyone!" Thomas's eyes followed William's finger as it pointed to each individual piece of bacon and soon became crossed when he almost poked his eyes out in his attempt to wag Thomas into agreement.

"I'll take the eggs, thanks William." He said, struggling to answer without bursting into laughter. It had been less than twenty-four hours and Thomas felt the Bucklins had welcomed him into their home as if he were family. As he helped carry the plates into what seemed to be the Bucklin dining room Mr. Bucklin entered and began rummaging through his pockets.

"Where in Bagintons did I put the keys to the Foolsdrop equipment?" Trying not to disturb Mr. Bucklin, Thomas quickly placed the pearl-white plates he was holding around the large rectangular table. "Ever played Foolsdrop before Thomas?"

"Ah, well I've never heard of it...sorry." Charlie had just entered behind him carrying the cutlery. "Never played Foolsdrop before!" "

No, sorry," Thomas repeated almost feeling ashamed of himself.

"It's only the best sport in the Wizarding world!" At the word 'Wizarding' Thomas stopped and looked at Charlie in utter confusion. " I thought magic doesn't exist, only in fiction like King Arthur or Harry Potter." The look on Charlie's face at that moment was almost priceless, his mouth was open and he was staring towards Mr. Bucklin in shock. Surprisingly Mr. Bucklin broke the silence.

"Show him Charlie..." As Thomas turned to face Charlie, he was already facing him but this time the cutlery in his hands had been shoved into the pockets in his pants and he was now brandishing a sturdy wooden stick in his hand.
Last edited by EliteHusky on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:06 pm
Rydia says...

Hmmm. I see that there is more but I don't think this was as original as the first part. Perhaps this should be in fan-fiction? Only it's seeming very harry potter based to me now. Your characters Charlie and William seem just a little too much like Fred and George. Maybe you should try to tone that down a bit or work on them so that they're more individual. Other than that, I just have a few little suggestions -

"Where in Bagintons did I put the keys to the Foolsdrop equipment?"

Trying not disturb Mr. Bucklin, Thomas quickly placed the pearl-white plates he [s]were[/s] was holding around the large rectangular table.

"No, sorry," Thomas repeated almost feeling ashamed of himself.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle