z

Young Writers Society

The Great Hijacker pt. 1

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:55 pm
guy13 says...

Chapter 1-

" This man was reported missing three years ago." said agent Claw, "He must die... Do you understand Roy? I mean no traces at all...Dead!!!" Roy didn't care what Claw had to say, he just wanted it over with. He looked at the picture, the man didn't look dangerous, but Roy knew it was always the sweet ones that get you first. " well, why do you want me to kill a man that may not even be alive?" asked Roy. " Because, He isn't dead you idiot! Some People" Said claw while flinging spittle on the desk and on Roy. "Lay off the 'P' words until you get that spitting thing fixed." Roy said cooly. "Listen, Relax this is Me we're talking about. He's as good as dead!" "JUST KILL HIM! " Roy got to it, laughing.

"So he dose spit!" said Emma, "That would explain so much more! Thanks Roy...ROY!!!!!!" "yeah Emma?" "what are you doing???" "Ummmmm Playing with the guns?" said Roy." Stop that those are expinsve!" said Emma, "Any way the wepons YOU need are in your car you idiot!" "Okay, okay." Said Roy "Bye!" And whith that he was gone.
Last edited by guy13 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Every cloud has a silver lining. For example, even the worst-smelling farts will fill the prettiest balloons.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:08 pm
Teague says...

Hey there! Nice to see you poking around the site a bit. :D

Well, I would love to help you out with this, but you don't have enough critiques under your belt yet! It's one of the rules of YWS that you must have a minimum of 2 critiques for every 1 piece of writing that you post. And you've posted two with only one critique. You still need three more, at the very least!

Here are a couple topics I suggest you take a good gander at:

Rules. You must read these!
A lovely wee posting guide for your benefit.

Once you've done all that, I'll come back and give you some proper help, okay? Just send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP! :D

-St. Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:33 pm
Rydia says...

Hmmm. This is reasonably written but it's much too short to be critiqued properly. Please try to write the whole chapter before posting on YWS so that there is enough for readers to analyse.

Current paragraph though, like I said it's not too bad but some of your grammar is out and it could be more interesting. Add more description, more characterization, work on your dialogue a bit and generally flesh it out and... well add more! Here's some suggestions for what you have currently, suggested changes in red -

"This man was reported missing three years ago," said agent Claw, "he must die. Do you understand Roy? I mean no traces at all... Dead!" Roy didn't care what Claw had to say, he just wanted it over with. He looked at the picture; the man didn't look dangerous, but Roy knew it was always the sweet ones that got you first. "Well, why do you want me to kill a man that may not even be alive?" asked Roy. "Because, he isn't dead you idiot! Some People," said claw while flinging spittle on the desk and at Roy. "Lay off the 'P' words until you get that spitting thing fixed," Roy said cooly. "Listen, Relax this is me we're talking about. He's as good as dead!" "Just kill him!"

Hope that helps a little,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:06 am
LunaBuna43 says...

!!!HI PAUL!!! Space out the dialouge pwease and you do use said and asked alot Either Mrs.Spencer or I help you out more at school!! Sorry if I's strict...just doin my job!! Hehe

"This man was reported missing three years ago," informed Agent Claw, "he must die...do you understand Roy? I mean no traces at all...dead!" Roy didn't care what Claw had to say, he just wanted it over with. He looked at the picture, the man didn't look dangerous, but Roy knew it was always the sweet ones that get you first.
"Well, why do you want me to kill a man that may not even be alive?" Roy asked.
"Because, he isn't dead you idiot! Some People" Claw [b]shouted,[/b] while flinging spit on the desk and at Roy.
"Lay off the 'P' words until you get that spitting thing fixed." Roy replied cooly. "Listen, relax this is me we're talking about. He's as good as dead!"
"JUST KILL HIM! " Roy stood up, laughing.

"So he does spit!" exclaimed Emma, "That would explain so much more! Thanks Roy...ROY!!!!!!"
"Yeah Emma?"
"What are you doing???"
"Um, playing with the guns?" Roy smiled coyly.
"Stop that those are expinsve!" demanded Emma, "Any way the wepons you need are in your car you idiot!"
"Okay, okay." Roy gave up, "Bye!" And with that he was gone.
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:29 am
mikedb1492 says...

Everyone else got everything. The only thing I can tell you is that in this story of yours you should get rid of all the parts like the quote below.
"He must die... Do you understand Roy?

That dot, dot, dot thing should go. I just think in this story's current situation it would flow better. It would show more urgency in the man's voice since he doesn't seam like he wants to waist any time. He seams in a hurry, so he wouldn't take pauses. Just put a single period.
In case no one else said this, every time a different person speaks a new paragraph starts. Here's an example.
This is a wrong paragraph:
"I hate you," said Bill. "I love you," said Bob.

This is a right paragraph.
"I hate you," said Bill.
"I love you," said Bob.

Other than that stuff, you didn't describe what was going on around these people at all. You didn't say what the room looked like or even if they were in a room. You didn't describe how anyone looked. All you really put in here was people talking with basic descriptions about how they say it. You definitally need to change that.
One last thing. Don't do the following:
Thanks Roy...ROY!!!!!!"

Never use more than one exclamation point. It's unnecessary and makes the reader realize that they're reading a story and not experiencing it.
"what are you doing???"

I've actually never seen someone do that before with the question marks. Only one is necessary.
Code: Select all
"Ummmmm Playing with the guns?"

Get rid of all but one of those 'm's.
Okay that's everything. Good luck with your story. (and sorry if I repeated stuff someone else already said).
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

582 Reviews

Reviews: 582
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:26 pm
KJ says...

Hated all the exclamation points. Capitalization needs work, also. Was way too short to really develop an opinion about this. But what I did read I did not like. It was too chirpy in that last paragraph, and the first one did not feel like two adults were speaking.

So verily with the hardship, there is a relief, verily with the hardship, there is a relief.
— Quran Ch 94:5-6