z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:44 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

Something strange is happening at Hogwarts. Dementors have surrounded the whole property, from the Quidditch stadium to the meadows. The magical shield around Hogwarts is slowly growing weaker—causing professors and administrators alike to worry. Dumbledore has ordered all students to stay on Hogwarts ground.

Is this He Who Shall Not Be Named? Or is something more sinister going on?

Hogwarts

Spoiler! :

Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Here you will learn how to mix potions, properly execute transfiguration, charms, defense against dark arts, and much more! You can even join the Quidditch team!

Each student must draw from the magical picking hat, where they will be assigned to their House. Each House is dependent on the character’s personality and goals. Hogwarts was divided into four Houses: Gryffindor, founded by Godric Gryffindor; Hufflepuff, founded by Helga Hufflepuff; Ravenclaw, founded by Rowena Ravenclaw; and Slytherin, founded by Salazar Slytherin.

Meet and associate with Harry, Hermione, Ron and other characters of the Wizarding World!

Map Of Hogwarts

Houses

Spoiler! :

Gryffindor: Daring, nerve, and chivalry.
    Head of Gryffindor: Minerva McGonagall

Hufflepuff: Hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play.
    Head of Hufflepuff: Pomona Sprout

Ravenclaw: Intelligence, knowledge, curiosity, creativity and wit.
    Head of Ravenclaw: Filius Flitwick

Slytherin: Ambition, leadership, self-preservation, cunning and resourcefulness.
    Head of Slytherin: Severus Snape

Character Template

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Pronouns: [/b]
[b]Age (12-17): [/b]
[b]House Assignment:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Wand (What does it look like?):[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Slots

Leya - Ravenclaw
APoltergiest - Slytherin
Rose - Slytherin
AmayaStatham - Gryffindor
AilahEvelynMae - Hufflepuff
LuminescentAnt - Ravenclaw
OrabellaAvenue - Gryffindor
AmayaStatham - Hufflepuff
Last edited by Ley on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:33 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

Sybil Lockhart

Library

ab4c908d3876a7caa6f25ead12105dd0 (1).jpg
ab4c908d3876a7caa6f25ead12105dd0 (1).jpg (20.43 KiB) Viewed 77 times

Sybil sat at the dark mahogany desk in the library. She had just gotten out of transfiguration class with Professor McGonagall, and she was planning to meet Hermione here more than thirty minutes ago. She was used to waiting for her cousin, but sometimes it irritated Sybil. She knew that Hermione had more pressing matters to attend to with her friends, but when Sybil made a plan, she stuck to it.

She looked up from a textbook on Wiggenweld potion to find Hermione walking towards her. Her cousin’s brown, curly hair sat right below her shoulders—and she was wearing the classic Gryffindor robe. Sybil had always hoped to get sorted into Gryffindor, as it was family tradition. Instead, she got sorted into Ravenclaw.

“I’m so sorry I’m late,” she said; her eyes gleamed apologetically, “Harry needed help with something for potions. What are we studying today?”

Sybil adjusted her classes and flashed a quick smile, “Wiggenweld Potions. I have an exam next week, and this is the hardest thing I think we’ve learned. When do you have Professor Snape?”

“After lunch,” Hermione responded as she stretched in her seat, “I overheard something strange earlier. Professor McGonagall was talking to Flitwick about the shield. I think it has something to do with Dumbledore’s announcement earlier.”

Dumbledore had commenced a meeting in the dining room to make sure all students stayed on Hogwarts grounds. They weren’t allowed to visit family, or even take a quick shopping trip to Hogsmeade.

“That is strange,” Sybil said, opening back up her textbook. She was about to speak again to express her theories, when another person entered the library.
Last edited by Ley on Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 11 times in total.
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:23 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Last edited by AmayaStatham on Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:31 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

Sabrina Snape

Potion Class

Sabrina Snape, draped in a dark cape, entered with a quiet confidence.
Her cold eyes scanned the room silently; her father, Professor Snape, stood at his desk, avoiding a glance. Strangely odd. Potter took a seat far away from Snape’s desk with his bird's nest of hair and his overreacting friends. Not surprised.

Next to Sabrina strolled Carmen Mulberry-Ash, as nonchalant as ever. He casually knocked over someone's cauldron, letting out a theatrical "whoops" before joining Sabrina. She rolled her eyeballs, a silent commentary on his flair for unnecessary drama.

Sabrina settled down on her usual spot as the lesson began, in front of Pansy and Draco.

"Miss Granger, is this a potion or a failed attempt at modern art?", Professor Snape asked sarcastically, while looking at a bubbling orange mixture that was all over her desk. He was clearly annoyed that she had messed up his tidy classroom.

The class burst into laughter, but with a look from Professor Snape, the room fell silent once again.

Sabrina smirked as she meticulously arranged the distinct potion ingredients on her desk. Her hands moved in swift, precise motions, her focus steadfast.
Each ingredient, with its distinct and unusual nature, seemed to fall perfectly into place under her controlled manipulation.

"Hey mates, there's a Winter party tonight. We could smuggle a little fire whisky in." Mulberry-Ash said deviously, totally not paying attention to anything at hand.

"Sweet, sounds like something for me!" Pansy replied, "Wearing something fancy to the party, Sabrina?"

Draco chuckled, "Considering she's more likely to be wearing funeral clothes, I doubt it."

Sabrina gave them the famous 'Snape deadpan' look and said, her voice as dry as bone dust, "I find peace in the solitude of dark corners, away from the festive chaos."

Sabrina and the other’s overheard Potter and his little friends. "...Yeah, I heard, Dumbledore said.. The dementors.."

The Slytherins, though initially amused, exchanged glances. But Sabrina then looked at her father, standing behind his desk with a book in his hands, only to find him looking at her already.

They both exchanged a look. Something was indeed off.
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

He knew that elbow.
— soundofmind