z

Young Writers Society

The Forevermore

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:12 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Despite countless cautionary tales and warnings not to, you and your friends decided to venture into Tenebris Forest—an impossibly gigantic forest near your hometown. Local legend says that those who enter are swept away into another dimension, never to be seen again. Even authorities have advised you not to enter.

You wanted to see if it was true or not. At first, all was normal. You heard only the chirps of cicadas and the hoots of owls. But soon these sounds morphed into something else—something more monstrous. The sky is now a ghostly purple. Barren tree branches intertwine, framing the pale moonlight.

You didn't heed the warnings. You thought they were just campfire tales. You didn't listen to the stories of people just like you, that went missing and never returned.

And now, you're here. Is this what you wanted?

~~~

Welcome, wanderers, to the Forevermore—a place found in between reality and unreality, between dreaming and waking. It is an infinite forest filled with unimaginable creatures. Some will assist you, most will be wary of you, and some will kill you on sight.

And, what's more, this place is overseen by an omniscient being known as the Narrator. It has control over all of the Forevermore. Its intentions are unclear, but It seems to view you all as sources of entertainment. In random time intervals, It will give you advice that may or may not correlate with the horrors you'll face that day.

And as the Narrator speaks more and more, you will slowly uncover the truth of this place.

Now, with minimal supplies and no knowledge of what you're up against, you must survive the Forevermore. Good luck, wanderers—you'll be needing it.

~~~

Be sure to check out the OOC thread and ask before joining, or if you have any questions!

Character sheet:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Characters:

@GengarIsBestBoy - The Narrator
@OrabellaAvenue - Charlotte Massey
@Leya - Polina Rostova
@teatiime - Gabriel Kang
@Ari11 - Belit Nevarez
@Rose - Timothee Thorn
@Spearmint - Madelyn Choi

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:46 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Bell kicked their foot in the leaves carpeting the ground, looking up at the forest through their star-shaped rose-tinted glasses. The trees were tall, dark, and dense, barely letting any moonlight through their interlaced branches. The breeze that pushed through them was damp, smelling of sap and rot.

"Well, here we are," Bell said, glancing back at their friends. They swept their arms emphatically at the woods. "Tenebris Forest. Is it as spooky as you imagined?"

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:10 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

The world seemed to slow when Polina entered Tenebris Forest. It was more eerie than she imagined. She thought that the forest was simply a fluke-- that locals made up this scary tale on what lies beyond the strip of woods. All she could hear were insects and the distant hoot of owls.

"Well, here we are," Bell said, glancing back at Polina and the others, "Tenebris Forest. Is it as spooky as you imagined?"

Polina took one more nice, long look around before responding, "It's definitely... something."
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:41 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

Gale moved his cane around, looking to see if hr was near anyone. The woods were... cold.

"Well, here we are," Bell said, glancing back at Polina and the others, "Tenebris Forest. Is it as spooky as you imagined?"

Polina took one more nice, long look around before responding, "It's definitely... something."

Gale spoke up. "I swear I just heard a scream in the background." He started to shift and rub his arm, gripping to his cane tightly.
Last edited by herbalhour on Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

Random avatar

Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:36 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"It's probably just the wind," Bell said, shrugging. They sniffed the air. "I wonder what's rotting."

They took their glasses off, rubbing the lenses on their paisley-patterned shirt. The forest didn't feel humid, but the wisps of fog drifting across the ground left a clammy chill on everything. It condensed on Bell's glasses and in their hair, decorating their fluffy curls with dripping crystal baubles. When they shook their head water sprayed everywhere, sending droplets into the faces of the others, who sputtered in protest. Bell smiled apologetically.

"Sorry," they peeped. Then they turned back to the forest. "Well, we didn't come all this way for nothing. Shall we?"

They took a step forward, beckoning at the others to follow them as they strode in among the trees.

82 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:42 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

The group followed Bell through the forest. The angst amongst them was truly visible; each person watched their step with pristine accuracy.

Eventually they came to a break in the path.

Polina shivered at the sight of the lake beyond them. It was frosted and somehow...froze over? It wasn't even freezing temperature in the forest-- leaving Polina to burrow her eyebrows and stop in her place.

"Hey guys? Um. I don't think that's possible. I-I think we should leave." She said, her eyes darted back and forth between her friends and the phenomenon in front of them.

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:52 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Lyn squinted at the frozen lake. "You know, Pol, normally I would agree with you. But there's a log right next to the lake and I think I see a reishi mushroom there and I haven't found one in forever, soooo..." Lyn made pleading eyes at the rest of the group.

Purple light filtered through the branches and Lyn involuntarily shivered a bit. "We'll be quick, I promise. I'll just take one look? Also, did you know reishi mushrooms may be able to boost your immune system?"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:39 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

"Don't stray away from thr group! We don't even know what's in these woods and you're already... huh. That's odd. That's really really odd. Is it just me or is there someone or something above us?" Gale started moving his cane, trying to find anything helpful.

spotify
NOW PLAYING:

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:58 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

Timothee tiptoed through the woods behind his friends, like a skinny ninja. He was careful not to make a sound for he feared of waking some creepy creature or cockroach that lurked in the woods, ready to scare him, or worse, steal the stash of crisps he had in his trusty rucksack.

"This is so wrong," he thought, reflecting on the life choices that had led him to this moment.

He was about to punch himself in the face for being so stupid when he suddenly heard Gale say something.

"...That's really really odd. Is it just me or is there someone or something above us?"

Tim froze in his tracks and looked up, ready to let out a high-pitched scream.
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

82 Reviews

Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:46 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

It all happened in a matter of seconds-- large, black, smelly bats flew from the trees above the group. Polina shrieked and hid behind Timothee.

Polina hadn't been this frightened in months, and if she were to have entered these parts by herself-- she probably would've fainted, "Stupid bats!" She yelled and squeezed her eyes shut, hoping that would somehow make them disappear, "How can anything even live out here?"

She was finally able to appreciate the beauty of the lake in front of them.

Polina works in botany back in the city. She hadn't seen vegetation like this anywhere. The ferns were... red. The water seemed to be moving underneath the thin layer of ice. She noticed poison ivy, poison oak, and sumac all growing around the trees that surrounded the lake.

"There's poison oak and ivy," Polina said, taking one step towards the frozen lake, "Be careful, everyone."

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:19 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

Suddenly, the sound of flapping wings came from above them.

"Stupid bats!", Polina yelled.

Tim, in a moment of panic, let out an ear-splitting yelp. He squeezed his eyes shut, only to feel a pair of slimy wings brushing against his hands and face.

"Get it off me! Get it off me! Get it off me! AHHH!"

The whole area fell silent, the bats were gone and Timothee slowly opened his eyes to find the group staring at him. He tried to regain composure but ended up looking like a terrified cat that had just been attacked.

He cleared his throat, "I meant, uhm, yeah, that."

"There's poison oak and ivy," Polina said, taking one step towards the frozen lake, "Be careful, everyone."

Timothee shivered at the thought of poison, his discomfort evident. He did not do well with creepy stuff.

"Surely the woods aren't that dangerous, right?" Tim asked, attempting a nervous laugh. "Right?"
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

Random avatar

Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:47 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Whoa, this place is amazing!" Bell cried, leaving the others behind to run toward the lake. They didn't even notice the bats flying overhead; they were too engrossed with one of the scarlet ferns growing next to the lake.

"Look at this!" They pointed to a cut on the fern's stalk, where a dark crimson fluid flowed out of the plant. "It's like it's bleeding!"

31 Reviews

Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:48 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

"Oh wow! That's so cool!" said Gale sarcastically. "It's totally like I can see it!" Gale started whacking peoples feet with his cane, gently of course, to find where the fern was.

spotify
NOW PLAYING:

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:14 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

You don't notice until it's too late, but there is a shift in the air. A strong gush of wind sends a murmur through the trees. But were the trees always so twisted and gnarled? And was the sky always that shade of purple? You hear animal noises in the distance, but they don't sound like anything from Earth.

The flock of birds that were resting in the trees quickly escaped, as if they could sense what was coming. All sounds of the forest came to a hush.

Suddenly, you hear a whispering voice above the clouds. It is a gigantic voice, possibly bigger than this endless forest you find yourself in. It sounds like It's in your head, but you also feel It reverberating through your bones and the forest. It is everywhere. It is everything.

Open your ears, dear wanderers. Can you hear me?

There is no word in any language to describe the nature of the voice. It is not feminine; It is not masculine; It is not even something in-between. It is everything. It is nothing.

And It waits for your response.
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

31 Reviews

Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:21 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

"What the hell was that! Who's there! I swear I'll kill you if I find you. Tell us your intentions or fear my cane!" Gale started walking faster, moving his cane, and bumping into a tree on the way around.

spotify
NOW PLAYING:

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla