z

Young Writers Society

The Forevermore

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:28 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

"What about Lyn and Gale?" Bell asked. Their anxiety must be through the roof, just like Polina's, so she took a deep breath and placed two hands on Bell's shoulders before the voice could interupt them again.

"Listen to me," Polina said, "Right now, we need to get out of here. Or, atleast find shelter. Lyn and Gale are together, hopefully."

Her eyes darted to either side of them, before she grabbed Bell's hand and pulled them with her, "Maybe we can find a cave. I have a feeling they fell into one. Maybe that'll lead us to them, and then we can get the freak out of here!"
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:39 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

As Bell stumbled along behind Polina, they glanced back at the clearing behind them. Through the trees, they could just barely make out a dog-like shape, padding through the dense forest. The foliage seemed to move out of the way of its large body, allowing it to move through easily, like Moses in the Red Sea.

"It's following us," Bell gasped, now taking the lead as adrenaline jumpstarted their heart. "Come on!"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:32 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

From all sides of the forest, gigantic black wolves emerged to surround the group. Their eyes glow a solid red, and their snarling mouths are filled with jagged teeth.

If you cannot open your ears, then I shall force you to listen.

The wolves stand their ground. They’re oddly stiff, like puppets being controlled by some unseen puppeteer. Nobody dares to move an inch.

That’s much better, don’t you think?

Welcome, dear wanderers, to the Forevermore: an endless forest in-between reality and unreality. It has been a while since the last batch of wanderers has arrived—and what a unique batch you are! I’m sure you’ll put on a great show!

Oh, but I’m getting ahead of myself! You must be wondering who I am!

It gives a grandiose laugh.

I am the Narrator. I give life to this undead forest; I determine what is, and what is not. At each turn of the moon, i shall appear again to tell you a story. Oh, but I am no author; I am merely the Narrator. But YOU are. So, tell me, wanderers, how will you tell your story?.

The Narrator’s message is incredibly vague. It does nothing to explain where you are or what It is, or when the ‘turn of the moon’ is. Its voice slowly fades away with the howling winds…

But the wolves don’t.
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:24 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Lyn couldn’t tell if her eyes were open or closed. “Mushrooms?” she cried. Wait. No, that wasn’t what she’d meant to say. “Friends? Polina, Bell, Gale, Timothee, Charlotte, anyone?”

Lyn tried to blink. She passed her hand across her face and nearly poked herself in the eye, but she still couldn’t see anything except pitch blackness.

Above her, a muffled voice rang out. It said something about a Furry Grimoire. Hmm, that didn’t sound quite right. At any rate, it sounded like the intimidating (and rather annoying) voice that had come from the sky before. Lyn paused as she tried to make more words out (something about a Narrator?), then shrugged. She probably didn’t have to worry about it right now.

She waved her hands around, trying to feel her way around her surroundings.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:05 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

Charlotte hadn't spoken the whole time they'd been wandering the forest, but she'd mentally taken notes.

Now, her notes didn't make sense.

Who was the Narrator? What did It want? And for that matter, where was she? She heard a voice calling out. It sounded like gibberish at first, but as she got closer, she realized it was saying names.

And the voiced ended with saying her name, and at that instant she recognized the voice.

"Lyn! Lyn, I'm coming!"
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:57 pm
View Likes
Ley says...

Tell my own story?

Polina heard the voice, but tried her best to remind herself that this was just a dream. A scary, screwed up dream. She could feel the mist on her skin, could taste the sweat dripping down her forehead and into her mouth-- but in order to feel better...

It's just a dream.

She continued running, through the foliage and between the broad trees. She could hear heavy footsteps behind her and Bell, but chose not to look back. The howling in the distance grew closer.

She spotted a break in the trees ahead, and a cliff yonder. This could be their escape!

She looked back at Bell, who was trailing not far behind, and yelled, "When I say jump, we jump!"

The distant sound of flowing water was the only thing they could depend on to get them to safety. A lake or waterfall beneath the cliff would ultimately save their lives. But it's either jump, or get eaten.

The wolves were catching up to them.

She approached the cliff and hesitated, "Ready? Jump!"
“Look at that moon. Potato weather for sure.”
Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Ley
She/Her
Potato Enthusiast

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:53 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Wha--AHHHH!" Bell screamed as they pitched forward into nothing, legs wheeling in the air as they tried to find purchase on ground that was no longer there. Polina went flying past them, yelling something about rivers as she went down.

Bell fell with all the grace of a baby bird, screeching and flailing like their feeble human arms could somehow save them from the icy water waiting beneath. Naturally, they didn't, and Bell crashed into the river with an enormous splash. A few seconds later they came up again, gasping and sputtering. Their glasses were gone and their hair was soaked flat on their head and in their eyes.

"Polina?" they coughed over the rushing of the river. "Polina, where are you?"

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:56 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

"Guys? Is that you?" Gale was wandering, looking for their voices. "Where are you? I would look for you, but ya know... being blind and all."

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:12 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Chloe?” Lyn tried to stumble in the direction of her voice. A moment later, Lyn heard another voice, coming from slightly to the right of Charlotte’s. “Gale? Gale, you’re not the only one who can’t see anything right now. It’s so dark. Are we in like an underground cave system or something?”

Lyn strained her eyes against the darkness, but had no success. Suddenly, she bumped into something— or someone?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:47 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

Timothee walked alone through a dense fog, occasionally calling out to his friends and mainly remaining silent to avoid attracting any creepy creatures. He got lost, I didn't get lost, he definitely got lost.

He walked clumsily on uneven ground in a seemingly hidden dark space, the air thick around him. He held his rucksack tightly as he walked. Without it, he would have (definitely) freaked out.

'Guys... Guys," he called, his voice echoing

"Help me, I don't want to die alone," he said with a shiver in his tone. "I have many projects to finish, many questions to ask, and many things to uncover!"

The mist quickly transformed into darkness, and an unsettling silence began to spread. Timothee gulped. He stood still for a moment.

There was rustling sound of leaves, no sigh of the wind, not a single sound. At least one sound than none, the silence creeped the hell out of Timothee. Goosebumps slowly started to form on Timothee's skin as he stood frozen like an effigy.
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal