z

Young Writers Society

The Speculation Club

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:17 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

What's that in the sky? It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...wait, what is that? Is that like...an alien?? GUYS ALIENS ARE TAKING OVER THE PLANET!!

Well, it's actually a superhero, but you don't know that.

You are a regular citizen living in a famous and big city known as Vas Legas, and suddenly find that strange things are happening in your city. It is actually the cause of a superhero and supervillain(s), but you don't know that, as you are just an innocent bystander. Weird stuff happens, like there are giant holes in buildings and also there are people flying for some reason.

You join an organization that is trying to find out why these things are happening. You go on detective missions and come up with conspiracy theories in order to possibly reveal what is happening, but of course it is not that easy.

You and the other members come up with silly theories and participate in silly investigations, but you are not completely successful in finding the truth. Yet.

This is supposed to be a fun roleplay where you can come up with funny things that your character believes that are actually not true.

Please keep things PG, no swearing or gore, but death and fighting is fine.

The age for your characters should be like 13 and over, but let me know if you want to make a character younger for some reason, and I might consider making an exception.

Here is the character template for when you make a character!
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Appearance[/b]
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Cast:

FluorescentAnt - storybook_character.php?t=114818&c=6048&mode=view
Spearmint -
Rose - storybook_character.php?t=114818&c=6071&mode=view
AmayaStatham - storybook_character.php?t=114818&c=6049&mode=view
herbalhour - storybook_character.php?t=114818&c=6012&mode=view
APoltergeist - storybook_character.php?t=114818&c=6017&mode=view
OrabellaAvenue -
spottedpebble - storybook_character.php?t=114818&c=6052&mode=view
creaturefeature -
Lovestrike -

Please make a post in the OOC before joining.

Here is the OOC! The Speculation Club [OOC]
Last edited by LuminescentAnt on Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:34 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Kendrik was walking through the city, just getting back from work. He worked at a Macy's* nearby, and now he was planning to go get some sort of cookies from the shop.

He Looked up at the giant buildings towering above him. In the distance, he could hear loud police sirens piercing through the air. As he walked, they got progressively louder. That was weird. Why would they get louder? As Kendrik turned around the corner, he got this answer.

He saw many police cars parked at a curb, red and blue lights still flashing. They reflected on a window of a building. What was all the commotion? Kendrik wondered. Then he saw a huge crowd of people standing across the street, looking up at the tall building Kendrik was standing next to. He looked up to where they were looking and he couldn't believe his eyes.

There was a giant hole in the building, and there was broken glass scattered on the ground below. Kendrik now noticed a huge dent in the sidewalk, so big that he didn't even know what caused this. What had happened? Who, or what was behind this? Kendrik had never seen anything like this before.

He crossed the road to go to the big crowd and get a better view of the hole. It looked even bigger from there. And that only made him more scared. Was this going to continue? What if it meant aliens? Was the world going to end? What would happen to-

"Everyone please move along and go about your business. We will be closing this area." a policeman with a megaphone said. There were some police officers setting up cones and caution tape already.

Kendrik wished he knew more. But these kinds of things were kept private, which annoyed him. Maybe he would have to find out himself. As he walked away with the other people in the crowd, he tapped on one of their shoulders. Maybe they knew something.

"Hey, do you know what happened here?" he asked them.

*Sponsored by Macy's**
**Not really
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:31 pm
View Likes
APoltergeist says...

Madilynn

Lynn was scrambling out of a coffee shop, headphones jammed over her ears, juggling a tray full of coffees and pastries. Piano music exploded into a crescendo right as a coffee slid out of her hands and splattered across the sidewalk.

"Oh, fishsticks!" Lynn said, headphones sliding down to hook around her neck as she scooped up the gushing cup, wincing as a chunk of ice brushed against her fingers. Gross. and cold. Grossly cold.

Sirens pierced the air, shrill and shrieking. She tossed the cup in the trash can, regretting the loss of one of her precious four-espresso, extra sugar and caramel iced lattes. Madilynn scanned the tall buildings around her, said buildings towering over her and scraping against the clouds, covering the source of the noise.

Something slammed into the building in front of her, brick and mortar crumbling to the ground, glass shattering. She shrieked and dropped another one of her drinks, not bothering to pick it up this time. She stared with widening eyes at the destruction in front of her, fumbling for her phone to record. She dropped that too, thankfully not near the spilled coffee.

Madilynn turned away from the crumbling building in favour of her phone, picking it up gingerly. By the time she turned around, there was no sign of whoever had caused it. Red and blue lights flashed, followed by a deafening siren. She watched, now filming (to upload to her blog later). She was jostled by a policeman, lightly pushed out of the ring and skidding to a stop.

"Everybody please move along and go about your business. We will be closing this area." yelled a policeman through a megaphone and Lynn winced as the crowd began to disperse, following them a few paces behind.

"Oh holy carp!" A tap on her shoulder startled her and she spun in a less than graceful fashion, facing the newcomer.

"What happened here?-" She echoed. "No clue, looked away for a split second to get my phone and then I was surrounded by police." She shrugged apologetically.

"Probably those aliens they were growing downtown, I reckon they finally escaped." Lynn took a sip of her last remaining coffee, perfectly serious.
Now Playing:
unwanted by camylio
1:23 ━━━━●───── 2:28
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:26 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

Jarga was just minding their own business, scrolling through various conspiracy theorists' social media feeds and scoffing at their theories while making a note to disprove them with his own theories later when suddenly sirens sounded from behind a building to their right.

"Oh, wow, oh, wow! Am I finally going to see my first government police chase of agents who learned the truth and fled to reveal their secrets to the world?" Jarga wondered aloud, rubbing their hands together and walking toward the sound. "What if the agents got mutated from the alien ooze they discovered on Planet ', * the planet that they went through a wormhole and accidentally discovered in the two minutes that that one suspicious Apollo mission went offline? That would be so awesome to see!"

Jarga rounded the corner, excited to watch a chase and possibly mutated government agents, but instead they saw police officers waving a crowd away from a building with a gaping hole in it, twisted metal bars, large chunks of thick, heavy glass, and crumbling cement. There was a large dent in the sidewalk, so big it looked like an apatosaurus could have curled up inside of it to sleep. Maybe that's what had caused this. The government had tried to bring dinosaurs back to life but the dinosaurs had escaped to rampage the city!

Jarga straightened the blue and purple they/he pin on his overalls pocket, wiped down the lenses of his glasses, and rushed into the slowly dispersing crowd. Among them was a petite person surrounded by puddles of spilled coffee with bright blue eyes, pale skin, and blonde hair - too blonde, almost. Perhaps this person was the alien mutant Jarga was waiting for. The possibly alien blonde was talking to someone with floppy brown hair, freckled light brown skin, and dark green eyes. They were about to ask them what happened and bring up their dinosaur theory -or maybe his mutated government agent theory to try and determine whether this unnaturally blonde person was an alien- when he overheard the blonde say: "Probably those aliens they were growing downtown, I reckon they finally escaped."

Why would an alien be talking about aliens? Maybe this person simply was just a plain old human. Or maybe that's what the aliens wanted Jarga to think. "Excuse me, but did you just say aliens?" Jarga said, stepping in between the two people.

"Of course I did," said the blonde, sipping on some coffee. "What else could it be?"

"Oh, I have many theories," said Jarga, pulling out their phone. "By the way, my name is Jarga, you can call me Jarg. They/he pronouns for the day." Jarga tapped his pin. "So, what do you know about aliens and just how closely related are you to them?"

____
*pronounced "planet apostrophe"
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:25 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Gerald

Gerald loved his 51 plants. The basil plant, tomato plant, various herbs, flowers, decorative plants... Each and every one he loved like his child. He watered them with endless dedication, pruned their dead leaves, and played music for them. Sometimes he wondered if he spoiled his plants more than he spoiled his kids when they were young. Not that he'd ever tell his children that.

Speaking of relatives, his nephew, Neph Yu, had just stopped by to drop off some crossword puzzles and mystery novels. Gerald greeted him with a bright smile. "Thank you again, Neph."

"No problem." Neph looked around the apartment. "Looks like your plants are doing well."

Gerald nodded enthusiastically. But before he could enthuse about the new potting mix and watering schedule he was trying, his nephew continued, "But don't you think you should get out more?"

"What do you mean? I go out to buy fertilizer and new plants." Gerald wrinkled his brow in confusion.

"I mean, maybe you should try to meet new people. Doesn't it get a little lonely being cooped up in the apartment all day?"

Gerald considered the question. He looked at his lovely, healthy plants and the stacks upon stacks of mystery novels and puzzles. "No, my plants keep me company." And my novels and conspiracy theories do too, he added silently.

Neph looked at Gerald. "Yes, I know your plants are amazing, but perhaps you need some human company? Studies show that-"

Gerald cut him off. When his nephew started talking about studies, it was better to just give in. "Alright, alright. I'll go out and meet new people."

"Thank you, Uncle. I'm sure it'll do wonders for you, and your health! As I was saying, studies show that having an active social life is good for your health-"

"Yes, yes, I got the point. Now don't you have work to go to?" Gerald gently ushered Neph to the door.

"Right. Bye, Uncle!"

Once Neph was safely out the door, Gerald slumped onto the couch. How would he meet new people? Well, he could start by going out, maybe.

The hole looked a little like one of his succulents. The jagged edges resembled the edges of leaves. The dent in the sidewalk, on the other hand... Gerald spent a moment staring at it, but he had difficulty comparing it to a plant.

Suddenly, he heard the word "aliens." He looked up and saw a group of three youngsters standing amidst the crowd. Gerald normally wouldn't have intruded, but his nephew did say to meet new people, so... he hobbled up to them.

"Greetings, Earthlings." Gerald smiled, his eyes twinkling with good humor. "Just kidding. I'm not related to aliens, but I do have quite a few theories on what they'd do if they found Earth-- of course, only if one assumes they're not already living on Earth."
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:24 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

WARREN

I was walking from my favorite coffee shop when I noticed a large... hole? Maybe it was aliens! Finally my time has come! I started to take photos with my phone. There was nosigns of people here, and definitley no human could have made this.

I continued looking for clues. Scraps of fabric, but no hair... I saw other people around this place and... police?! I quickly grabbed my stuff and ran. Maybe they knew I was the one who stole all their documents about missing people. Somebody was going to get a lot of money if they found me.

I sighed as I hid in an alley, watching as the police diverted the civillians away. Lucky for me, I got a piece of that fabric in a bag. I looked at it. Maybe latex? I'd have to show someone else. I slinked out of the alleyway and ran home, and shut the door behind me. I went up to my whiteboard.

My whiteboard was covered in sticky notes and string and magnets. I put up the baggie with the fabric and wrote under it. "Alien Fabric? Abduction?" I went on my phone and printed the photos I took. I put those on my whiteboard too, and put string between them and the fabric. If only I knew more people to help me with these theories. If only...

sorry for the short post ahaha

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:10 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Lorenzo Rodrigo

Lorenzo had fallen asleep in class, because he had been up the entire night before to study for his History test. He knew that he was definitely not the best in History so to at least get an C+ he had to study as hard as he could.

After handing in his test he didn’t care anymore and just slept in class. Suddenly a siren started making a lot of noise outside and someone said through the megaphone, ‘Boys and Girls, there seems to be a green saucer flying in the sky circling around the entire city. This calls for an evacuation.’

The voice made Lorenzo startle awake and he listened half to what the principal was saying as he gathered all his books and stuffed them in his bag.

After the announcement, Lorenzo wanted to ask something when the principal interrupted him. ‘Yes Mr. Rodrigo, that means you lads are allowed to go home.’

Lorenzo was secretly happy and wanted to run out of the class, but kept his excitement in him.

‘Well good people, follow me.’ The lecturer said, ‘I want all the beings made by the lord to form a single file line.’

‘Mr Brinley, can we hurry up already, not everyone wants to be eaten by aliens.’ A rather muscular guy remarked while making a stupid smirk and tossing his long brown hair to the back thinking he was cool.

‘Oh lord, please forgive him for this utterly disgracious sentence.’ Mr Brinley, the lecturer, muttered under his breath while making a cross. He sighed and said, ‘Thomas, being made by the lord, it’s alright to be afraid. Don’t worry, at least you won’t die alone right? The entire class will be with you.’

Lorenzo rolled his eyes thinking, Professor Brinley is just making matters worse, if only I could just go home and take a proper nap. ‘Cause boy this table is an uncomfortable pillow

As they FINALLY got outside professor Brinley said to everyone, ‘Well good children of God may you all arrive at home safely and not get eaten by aliens.’

After uttering that sentence in a flash of a second something swiped by and grabbed professor Brinley by his collar and dragged him away. His glasses fell on the floor in the rush, no one could see what it was except that it was some kind of green blur.

Lorenzo was totally awake now and did not think about his beauty sleep anymore. The only thought going through his mind was, I need to stay alive and find a way to check on my sister. I can’t lose Raquel too.

He took Professor Brinley’s glasses with him just in case he could figure out where he was so he could save him if he didn’t die first. He was scared, but also curious about what this alien wanted.

He grabbed his bag full of school books even tighter, because he did not want to lose all of that valuable knowledge and started to run towards the countryside. He was going to meet up with a friend of his there who had special interest in aliens and started a speculation club.

Seeming he was very good in Maths he was invited to the club only if he kept it a secret, because people were getting killed if they decided to do the police their jobs.

Man, corruption in this city was everywhere. Lorenzo thought while running away. He also knew that he would be safe there, or so he thought.

592 words

Knowledge is power.
— Francis Bacon