224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:44 am
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

"Oh shoot." Solana mutters.

"Why?" Luna asks.

"I see a bunch of people here."

"I think Oliver and I have classes for our powers." Luna says.

"Yeah," Oliver smiles. "Lana can blend in with other people without us right?"

"Yeah!" Luna says. "She's the best here."

"Guys," Solana sighs. "I get anxious people."

"But, we have class so bye." Luna slips her hand in Oliver's. "Oh, sorry."

Did you see the way she looked at him? Solana asked herself. So giddy over a boy. I could never.

"Yeah, it's- it's fine." Oliver walks to a different path. "Um, are you coming or are just going to stand there?"

"Oh, I'm coming." She runs by little steps.

"Disgusting." Solana says under her breath. She hides behind the bush. Bunny Carrots! What do I do?

'So, we're all third wheels?" A girl's voice was heard.

"Shoot." Solana pinched herself. "I am a third wheeler too."

Knowing that she was with a bunch of third wheels was great and gave her a sense of confidence.

"Hello." Solana waves awkwardly as soon as the group of people saw her. "I know it's weird I got out of a bush but I was...interested because I feel like I'm a third wheel too."

The group stood quickly.

"Can I join?"

"I think I saw you already behind the bush." The girl that said about the third wheel stuff says. "I'm Veronica."

"Ohh, nice." Solana shakes her hand. "I'm Solana Evans. Probably the straightest and most single one in my group."
rashomon go brr

she/her

used to be loveissourgrapes

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:41 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Lum felt happy to be in the presence of others that might also have been experiencing the same experience as them. Admitting that he did not have as many friends as he wanted, or that the friends they had had distanced themselves was not an easy thing to do, but it was nicer when others said it too.

"Welcome," they said.

It was a bit late for the newcomer, Solana. And then they figured it was smart to introduce himself again.

"I'm Lum, they and he pronouns please."
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:36 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Karter, he/him."

The others introduced themselves as well, and Karter glanced at all the new faces. It was strange how they'd all found themselves here. Like a twist of fate had brought all these third wheels together.

Karter cleared his throat. "Well. No one else is going to pop out of the bushes now, right?" There was a moment of silence. "Sooo you know, I was talking about a potion-"

The bushes rustled. Great. Again. Has this place suddenly become the most popular hang-out spot on campus or what? Karter thought.

But no student came out of the bushes. Instead, the bushes stood up.

A light green bush with glossy leaves ascended until it was balanced precariously on a body of darker green bushes. Altogether, the bush creature stood about a foot taller than Karter. It hesitated for a moment, as if getting its bearings, then stepped towards them menacingly, shaking off dirt.

"Oh, sweet crispy crackers!" Karter blurted. How had a bush creature formed on campus, and this close to the library, at that? He rummaged around frantically in his satchel for the pointiest vegetable he could find.

Then the bushes roared.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

224 Reviews

Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:36 pm
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

"Um, sure sure." Solana nods her head. "My pronouns are she/her."
rashomon go brr

she/her

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:14 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Veronica jumped and instinctively crouched a bit, getting ready to attack whatever was coming for them
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

245 Reviews

Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:59 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Karter gulped and pulled out a carrot. He frantically tried to remember what they’d learned from Monster Hunting class… “That’s, uh, a bush creature, right? Kinda weak, but be careful of its leaves-“ The bush creature growled.

Suddenly, the bush creature launched some of said leaves, and Karter yelped and tried to protect his eyes. The leaves stung his arms with papercuts. “Slice it up or remove the core!”
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

415 Reviews

Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:23 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

“Remove the core?” Lum repeated, louder, trying to tell everyone in the near vicinity, as that was about the most useful thing they could do with their ability.

But what the actual thing was he couldn’t really help with that.

Well, they know how to punch at least. Lum raised his fists, moving closer to Karter.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:50 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Noticing the bush creature, Cameron freezes, stiff with fear.

"How did I get wrapped up in this situation?" he mutters to himself, deciding to let the others take care of the monster.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

245 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:22 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Karter tossed the carrot blindly at the monster, still trying to protect his eyes. The bush batted it out of the way effortlessly, and Karter groaned. What else did he have... Not for the first time, he wished he had a more useful ability, or at least the coordination to be trusted with sharp things.

Maybe Tyla or Barrin could help? Despite also not having abilities that would be useful in this case, Tyla excelled in swordfighting class and Barrin could come up with a clever plan to thwart the monster. Karter threw grapes at the monster one-handed while fishing around in his satchel for his phone. Come on, guys, pick up... he pleaded internally. But his hopes weren't very high.
mint, she/her

=D

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:49 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Veronica was unsure of what to do. Her powers were more indirect than combative. She quickly kicked it in the middle…
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

245 Reviews

Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:09 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

...The bush monster rocked back a little. It hurriedly composed itself and started throwing leaves and jabbing with branches again, but not before it revealed a blue gleam in its center. The core?
mint, she/her

=D

224 Reviews

Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:42 pm
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

Solana was unsure about her actions if she should just kill the monster or just walk away. She thought her power is undeveloped and if she does something with it, it might hurt someone. She remembers what the woman in her past has said to her: "Power is uncontrollable if you fear and your own power controls you. But if you are assured of what to do, power is controllable and you will able to control your own power."

"Concentrate." Her focus was the core of the monster. It was a gleaming type of blue. She was not that educated over much monsters but her teacher taught her that the core of monster is its weakness. She activates fire in her hands. A boy named Karter needs help. I need to help him. What if I light the carrot he is holding or maybe, I fight this monster myself. Holy carrots, this is hard! Let's fight it. I might hurt the guy.

Her eyes ignite as orange, she positions to attack the monster. She heard her heartbeat from her head but she was capable of helping people. She put the branches of of monster on fire as they fell as ashes. She tried attacking its core. She recalls the woman again: "If humans have weakness, mythical creatures have it too. Which is something that they like to protect." The monster looks like it has been protecting its core. The woman from Solana's past never believed in monsters and stuff like that. Because her main goal was to kill all humans and conquer the world. But that is a different story.

"Focus." Solana muttered again and bites her tongue. Since the monster is protecting its core, she removed its branches that blocked it. She burns the whole tree down and got to the core. She grab the core, it was as hot as her hands but she was able to tolerate it. It turned into pure fire and turns into her power. She felt a rush through her body. Her heartbeat slowed down. The core seemed like a soul but she posses it now, she can't take it back.

Her eyes turned back and her body floated in the air. Smoke went out of her body. I am an idiot! That was a wrong idea. She touched her skin, it was hotter than the normal boiling point. She just swallow hard and grit her teeth. The "soul" started merging with the energy and power in her body. She fell down the ground, unconscious. The substance that entered her body felt like nothing by now. Even if she was unconscious of her surroundings, her mind was still running.

Is the Karter guy okay? How about everybody? She ponders as she sees her vision as a black void. I think I killed it successfully. This is my first time killing something that seemed unrealistic so, I really hope everyone is okay.
rashomon go brr

she/her

245 Reviews

Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:08 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Karter gaped in shock as the hazel-eyed girl sank to the ground. "Did- did she just absorb the core?" He looked back and forth between Solana and the ashes of the bush monster, which were drifting lazily down to the paving stones. "Flaming brussels sprouts, that was epic! Oh gosh, we'd better get her to the infirmary, huh."
mint, she/her

=D

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:47 am
View Likes
yosh says...

"Is she dead?" Cameron asks, a hand over his mouth in astonishment. Immediately his mind drifts to the thought that perhaps if he had stepped in, someone wouldn't get hurt. He steps over to take a closer look at the girl who just collapsed on the ground after defeating the bush thing.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

415 Reviews

Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:08 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Lum steps forward. "I can help with lifting her at least. I'm not too great at fights, after all."

They kick at some rock on the ground. "She's breathing, right?"

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria