Young Writers Society

The Adjudicator's Institute for Heroics

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:27 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Picsart_23-04-07_02-16-27-966.jpg

Do you have extraordinary powers, beyond the average person's comprehension? Can do things no one else can? Have you felt different from everyone? Smarter? Stronger? Faster?
Are you a Prodigy?

The Adjudicator's Institute for Heroics might just be the place for you! The Adjudicator's Institute for Heroics (A.I.H.) is a K-12 academy for Prodigies, superheroes, offspring of said heroes, and all in-between! Our high-tech, state of the art facility is built to withstand any unstable powers or supervillains thrown at us. Not even the fastest flier can escape the electroshock field above the outdoor wall of the institute!

"It's hard to be Prodigy. You have powers you don't understand, and the prejudice against Prodigies still haunts us to this day. We were burnt like witches even into the 1970s. Sometimes, you simply can't go to a school, especially if you have some sort of outward, physical power. Even if you don't have any special abilities, the fact that you're related is a death sentence in the average learning facility. My own daughter was homeschooled until I decided to build this institute. Our mission is to foster a home where Prodigy children can learn without judgment. Where there are villains, there will be heroes. I hope that A.I.H. will be able to mold and inspire our newest generation of superheroes."

- Mrs. Whitlock/The Adjudicator, Headmistress.

So what are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be a hero?
Enrollment Now Open!

People with extraordinary powers, otherwise known as Prodigies, are becoming commonplace. Usually, a traumatic experience will active a person's powers, but it seems that every day, more and more children are born with powers already in place. So, the Adjudicator, a famous yet mysterious hero, announced the opening of a school made specifically for these children to help foster the next generation of superheroes and make sure they are truly prepared for such an dangerous and strange life (even if some students are simply the kids of other famous heroes who wanted to avoid the attention). The facility is entirely state of the art. Cameras, forcefields, and training arenas and infirmaries that can withstand even the most destructive superpowers! And- hey, why is the fence a huge concreate wall? It's just to keep the bad guys out, right? Whatever. It probably doesn't mean anything, but it seems a lot of students are gaining new powers...

The Adjudicator's Institute for Heroics (OOC)
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:11 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Sage lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling of her dorm. The worn drywall was cracked and peeling, blooming outward like the web of an alarmingly large spider. Sage was very familiar with this web--in fact, she knew it by heart. Gazing up at it was the only pastime she had in this hellhole of a school. That, and playing with the plastic chain wrapped around her hands.
It was small and dyed neon blue and green; a simple children's toy. Yet Sage took it with her everywhere, stowed in the pocket of her mandatory olive hoodie. It was a gift from her little brother, Thomas, so, naturally, it was very important. Plus, she liked the clicking sound it made. It calmed her down.
She sighed, lowering her tired hands to her sides. This was useless. Lying here, staring at the ceiling--what was she even doing with her life? She was trapped in this place, cut off from the outside world, all because some stupid police officers thought she started a fire.
She rolled over, reaching a hand up toward her shoulder. Her fingers slipped beneath her shirt, rubbing against the deep, misshapen burns on her back. She flinched. They still hurt, even after all these months. And no matter what she did, she couldn't get used to the feeling of them. They were thick and solid, melted skin where the fire had touched her. Her back wasn't the only thing that was left scarred, either, but she didn't want to think about that right now.
What was important was that she hated it here. All these rules, and none of them applied to her! She wasn't a criminal like her peers. She'd just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. But she supposed Miss...whatever-her-name-was didn't see it that way.
What was it again? Mitchell? Malcolm? She couldn't remember. Sage wasn't good with names. Or facts. Or spelling. Anything that required her to know something, really. Her memory was pretty crappy.
Knock, knock.
She jumped. It wasn't often that someone came to her door, and when they did it usually wasn't good.
"Who is it?" she called. No answer. Narrowing her eyes, she swung her legs over the side of the bed. Cautiously, she stepped toward the door.
"Who's there?" she asked again. Silence. Reaching for the handle, she turned it slowly. "If there's somebody out there, you'd better say something! I--I'm armed!"
That was a bare-faced lie, but she didn't want whoever was outside thinking she was going to be an easy target. Taking a deep breath, she wrenched open the door, brandishing her little plastic chain like a weapon. But there was nobody there.
"Must have been a ring-and-run," she muttered to herself. "Super mature..."
Just as she was about to step back inside, though, she noticed something lying on the floor in front of her. It was white and rectangular, with a small square stamped in the corner. As she bent to pick it up, she realized what it was.
"An envelope..." she murmured, turning it over. "And it's addressed to me?"
Holding it up to her ear, she shook the little parcel. No sound. She checked down either side of the hallway, looking for a glimpse of the maybe-pranksters. But she was all alone. Slowly, she stepped back inside, closing the door behind her.
"Hopefully you're not some sort of bomb," she said to the envelope as she sat back down on her bed. Carefully, she slid her nail under the flap, breaking the seal. She flinched back as she flicked it open, but nothing happened. Instead she was greeted by a very plain sheet of paper. "A letter..."
Who on earth could this be from? she wondered, unfolding it.

Greetings, Ms. Emorius.

It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted into The Adjudicator's Institute for Heroics. We were delighted to hear that a new Botani-kinetic Prodigy has surfaced yet again, and dearly hope that you may choose to attend. If you do, simply say the words 'I accept' and transportation will arrive at your location. If you do not wish to attend The Adjudicators Institute for Heroics, simply discard this letter without saying the words.

Happy growing!

Signed, Darcy Lane

Sage read and re-read the letter, brow furrowed in confusion. What was this? Who was the Adjudicator? What was an 'Institute for Heroics'? And a Botani-kinetic Prodigy...what in the Marvel comics was that supposed to mean?
She rubbed her face with one hand, trying to massage away the headache that was beginning to throb in her temples. Her head was pulsing, and her vision had gone all blurry. Suddenly, she felt something brush against her leg.
"Ah! What the--" Her bed was surrounded by dark green vines, winding in and around the mattress. They were like nothing she'd ever seen before--smooth and glossy, with teardrop-shaped leaves and little bunches of crimson berries hanging from their stems. And the weirdest part was--they were still growing.
Sage jumped back, letter clenched in her hand. But the vines seemed to follow her, sprouting up wherever her feet touched the ground. Am I the one who's doing this?
She glanced down at the acceptance letter. Botani-kinetic...like, controlling plants? Is that what this was all about?
She looked back at the writhing vines that now fully engulfed her bed. Whatever this was, it was definitely out of control. Sucking in a deep breath, she opened her mouth.
"I accept."

28 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:34 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

"So, how is your dorm?" The Adjudicator asked, leaning onto her desk and placing her head atop intertwined fingers. "You got first picks, so you better enjoy it. Right next to the rooftop garden, I assume?" she said, slyly.

Dawn clutched her journal close to her chest. Her face was wide with a grin and she scooted closer to her mother's desk. "Of course! You did amazing with the botanical garden, Mother. It really is just wonderful! How did you get the money for it?"

The mother simply shrugged. "Many heroes want their children to have a place to truly be cared for. And they're rich, dear. Projects like this gets traction and investors. Besides, you'd be surprised how common floral powers like your's are." That was a blatant lie. Really, she just felt the need to spoil her daughter. She had always lived up to her expectation and she saw no moral issues in Dawn's eyes. The perfect little flower.

"We should be getting our students tomorrow. Make yourself at home until then. Dismissed." The Adjudicator waved her daughter off, who nodded and left the room silently. The mother spun her wheelchair around to stare out the window and right at the small, sandy area stationed beneath her. It was for nothing more than duels and showcasing powers, but maybe a few tests and exams would be run there. She watched with poise in her eyes. Soon, she'd help nuture the next generation of superheroes. Soon, she'd find those who were truly worthy of handling the torch.

Meanwhile, Dawn traced her fingers on the cement and concrete halls. This place had been her home since the dorms were built, her mom saying it was much safer to stay inside the protected walls. Those walls out there did confuse her for a bit. Electromagnetic fencing for anyone trying to fly in or out, and it was so tall you could barely see the horizon over it. It was just meant to keep bad guys out, though. Dawn chuckled. Mom had always been a bit extra.

Soon, her home would be invaded with strangers, all like her in some way. The empty classrooms would have their chairs flipped over and students sitting in them, the facility room would have children and teenagers bussing in and out to ask their teachers questions, and she'd really learn how to be heroic. She'd learn how to save people.

Dawn took her hand off the wall and pushed her glasses up her nose. She sighed whimsically at the thought, despite her anxiety over the crowds soon to flood the hallways. Maybe a visit to some of those same teachers would help calm her nerves...
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:57 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Sage sank lower into her seat, clutching her backpack to her chest. It contained everything she owned--clothes, hairbrush, toothpaste--she'd even managed to stuff a few of her favorite watermelon lollipops into the pockets. Speaking of which, she pulled one out and peeled away the wrapping, casting the paper onto the floor. The sweet, synthetic flavor washed over her excited nerves, covering them in a candy coating of familiarity. She clicked her chain as she sat there, listening to the sound of her own violently thumping heart.
Why am I even here? she wondered, leaning her forehead against the window of the bus. It had arrived in her dorm the moment the words 'I accept' had left her lips. She still couldn't explain it. Her room wasn't nearly big enough to fit an entire school bus, yet somehow it was there, existing. Right in front of her. And when she walked inside, it was even bigger than a regular bus. There must've been a hundred other kids crammed inside that thing, and they were all giving her a tremendous headache.
Suddenly, the seat in front of her burst into flames. Sage jerked back, her brain exploding into a cloud of panic. She let out a shrill scream, flattening herself against her seat, as far away from the heat as possible. Then, as quickly as it came, the fire just...disappeared. There was nothing left but the charred remains of the leather bus seat.
"Whoa, sorry! Didn't mean to do that!" someone's head popped up over the smoking black debris. They had olive skin and bright orange eyes, with short hair somewhere between blonde and light brown. "Still getting control of my powers!"
They draped themself over the charred seat, completely oblivious to the still-glowing embers suspended within the twisted mass. "I'm Sam Hawkins, nice to meetcha!"
They extended a hand for Sage to shake. A wisp of smoke rose from the center of their palm.
"Oop, sorry about that," Sam said, blowing it away. They waved the hand violently in the air, checking to make sure there was no more smoke coming from it. "There. Now I shouldn't burn you."
"...shouldn't?" Sage asked. Sam shrugged.
"Well, I can't feel heat, so there's no way for me to tell if I'm about to melt your skin off or not," they said with a sparkly smile.
"...I think I'll pass," Sage muttered. "I'm not a very touchy person."
"That's fine!" Sam retracted their hand, tucking it under their chin instead. "What's your name?"
"Sage," she said reluctantly.
"Ooooh, that's a nice name!" Sam's eyes twinkled. "Let me guess, you're a Botani-kinetic?"
"Uh, yes, actually," Sage replied. "How'd you know?"
"Lucky guess," Sam opened their hand, palm-up. "I'm a Pyrokinetic. See?"
Sage jumped as a flame erupted in the center of their hand.
"I make fire."
"I noticed," Sage muttered shakily. There was sweat beading up on her forehead. Sam studied her with eerie orange eyes.
"You don't like fire, do you?"
"No, I don't," Sage answered sharply. She scooped up her backpack, lurching to her feet. "So I'd appreciate it if you stopped shoving it in my face!"
She stomped over to an empty seat, slumping into it and pulling her hood over her head. She could feel Sam watching her, burning holes into the green fabric that she kept firmly over her eyes.
I can't wait to get off this thing.

28 Reviews

Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:33 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Dawn sat on the bench, shivering and bouncing her foot like it was the middle of a blizzard. Oh, great heavens, why had she been so hopeful about this the day before? What made her think that crammed hallways and tons of eyes to glance at her would be a fun thing?! "This is going to be awful! Why did I agree to this?" she whispered to herself. Her breathing bacame heavy. Her mom had told her to wait for the bus to arrive outside and help Ms. Lane welcome students, but even that felt so stressful. Peonies sprouted beneath her feet, then wrapped tightly around her legs. Her heavy breathing sped up. The flowers grew from behind her ears. Then, the stems and vines spread onto her arms, binding her in the position with her hands putting her kneecaps in a death grip. At this point, she felt like she couldn't breathe. The bench was covered in plant life.

"Remember what Ms. Lane said, remember," she told herself through each gasping breath. "Breathe, it's gonna be okay... Go to your happy place." After taking a long deep breath, the pounding of her heart began to slow and a few peonies retreated into the ground, "You're in a meadow. There's dandelions and trees everywhere... Pretty blue sky," she mumbled as more began to sink into the ground. Soon enough, they were replaced with Lavender flowers, each spreading calmly across her legs, feet, and just behind her ears. She took in the scent. "Okay... We're good now. Mostly. Kind of."

It seemed all that would be in vain. Soon enough, a bus around at the gate and Dawn's heart went the speed of a race car. The Lavendar around her died within seconds.
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:41 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Sage stared out the window, desperately trying to ignore the chaos all around her. Things were freezing and combusting like firecrackers, random objects kept appearing out of thin air, and an odd purplish smoke was slowly filling the bus. She flinched as a boy slammed into the window, falling into the seat in front of her. He got up dizzily, floating to the ceiling like a wayward balloon.
How much longer is this going to take? she wondered, focusing back on the outside. There was no recognizable landscape going by--just streaks of colors, melding together into a tube of light and shadow. It vaguely reminded her of Hyperspeed in Star Wars, except much, much slower.
Suddenly, the bus stopped dead, like it had hit a wall. The floating boy went tumbling into the windshield, cracking it with the force of his hurtling behind. The windows now held actual discernable space--grass and trees and flowers.
Sage jumped up, hurrying to the front of the bus with her backpack on one shoulder. The doors swung open, and a wonderful wave of fresh, green air washed over her. Sage rushed outside, barely able to contain her excitement. She was free! She twirled and danced in the grass, sweeping her arms from side to side. Little emerald vines sprouted wherever she went, brushing against the soles of her shoes. Oh, this was wonderful!
But...where was this?
Sage swung to a stop, staggering a little as she tried to get ahold of her bearings. As soon as she did, her face turned beet red.
Just up the hill from the grass field was a huge building, shimmering with windows and banners. In the building's shadow was a paved front entrance area, with benches and little planters full of bushes and saplings. And sitting on one of those benches, watching her, was a girl. She had long red hair and glasses, and was gripping her knees tightly as she sat there. Sage immediately shrank with embarrassment, retreating into her hoodie like a frightened turtle. This girl had seen her entire stupid dance!
This is why you check your surroundings, Sage! she scolded herself. Now you look like an idiot.
She took a step back. Maybe I can go around the other side...
Just as she was about to turn, though, she bumped into something solid. And warm. And definitely human. Oh god oh god!!
"I am so sorry!" she blurted out, staring at the ground.
"It's fine," the person said. "Everyone's a little clumsy sometimes."
Sage looked up. The speaker's voice hadn't sounded anything like she thought. It was soft and light, like the burble of a stream. The owner of the voice was equally unpredictable. She towered over Sage, blocking out the sun with her immense shoulders. Her shiny black hair rippled all the way to the middle of her back, and she wore an enormous lavender sweater. Hanging cross-body like a purse was a thick leather strap, attached to which was a glass canister filled with some sort of liquid. The mystery substance floated and flexed like wax in a lava lamp, despite the lack of anything to support it. It glowed a light purple color, almost matching the sweater the girl wore.
"I'm Avery Jones," she said, smiling softly. "Nice to meet you."
"I-I'm Sage," she sputtered. "Sage Emorius."
"That's a pretty name," Avery murmured mistily. Sage blinked.
She has such brown eyes...
"Oh! This is my brother, Evalyn," Avery gestured to the person behind her. Sage tore her attention away from the girl.
She hadn't noticed Evalyn before, probably because he was kind of colorless. Grey sweatshirt, black pants, beige skin. Even his long hair was a sort of dry greyish shade. Everything about him just seemed to melt into the background.
"I'd prefer to be called Evan," he said in a dull, blank voice. "But I suppose I can't control what you decide to name me."
Sage opened her mouth, but before she could get any words out she heard footsteps approaching. Oh no.
The redhead was walking toward them, taking quick, nervous strides. Sage stiffened immediately. She's probably coming to say something about my dumb dancing.
She considered making a run for it, but the girl was already too close. She would just end up making herself look stupid again. Instead Sage held her ground, shoulders stiff.
Let's get this over with.

28 Reviews

Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:12 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Taking those quick, nervous strides, the redhead didn't even notice the happy dance. She was moreso focused on the fact that the bus looked as if it would explode with children. Or someone would start a fire. Their facility was start of the art, right? It was okay if the buses weren't...

"Uh, hi! Or, hello?" Dawn shook nervously, extending her arm. Why did she reach for an arm shake?! She hated touch! Well, Mother liked her formal. "Well, um, I'm Dawn," she said, then paused. "Louise." Another pause. "Whitlock! Dawn Louise Whitlock. My mom runs the place. Adjudicator? Ever heard of her? Maybe not. Aha..."

Flora began to crawl up Dawn's legs that kept them from shaking so hsrd, spreading to the feet standing around her. A few Lilies popped to life besides her ears, just behind the shy blush spreading across her face. "I, um, I hope you guys like it here, I guess. Yeah. Something like that. Haha..."
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:21 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Avery plucked a flower from the vines at her ankles, examining it with an expression of mild interest.
Sage looked at the redhead. She was the picture of nervousness--shaking hands, red face, wide eyes. Sage felt a pang of sympathy, coupled with the hope that she didn't appear the same. The last thing she wanted was to look weak in front of all these new people.
"Nice to meet you, Dawn-Louise-Whitlock," she said, shaking the other girl's hand. "I'm Sage. My letter said I'm a Botani-kinetic, just like you."

28 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:21 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Dawn pulled her hand away as soon as they shook. Her hand was just way to sweaty and she didn't want it to be noticed to easily. She clutched her book to her chest. "Oh, that's great!" she beamed at Sage, "There's a really nice garden on the rooftop... Supposedly made for "our kind." I mean, humans, all of us, but-" Oh, gosh. She was ruining everything, wasn't she? Why couldn't she just speak like a real human being?! Why did she always do this?!

"Well, um, anyways," she quickly changed subject as she scanned the crowd. Every single one of them had a characteristic completely unique. At least it was easy to tell people apart. "I actually don't know many of the teachers here... Just my mom and Ms. Lane. She's nice. Oh, and that guy showed up a few hours ago. I dunno what he's doing."

Shakily, Dawn pointed across the courtyard to a middle-aged, Asian man reading a book on the nearby benches. Occasionally, he pushed up his metal frames and watched students mingle with each other. Then, he ducked back into his book. "I, uh, I got too scared to say anything.

"But, anywhose, I hope you like it here. It might be weird at first, but in the end it's just a school, right?"
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:57 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Yeah...just a school..." Sage muttered vaguely, squinting at the man. It did seem rather odd that he would just show up here like this. If he wasn't a teacher, what was he doing at a school? Was he...watching the students? The thought sent a trickle of fear down Sage's spine. A few of her odd green vines sprouted at her feet, mingling with the medley of flora Dawn had summoned.
"So, where do we go from here?" Avery piped up. "Are there classes that we need to get to?"

28 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:22 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Dawn turned to Avery, then back to the rest of the group. "Well, it's only the first day," she said, rubbing the spine of her book. "I imagine you just go and find your dorm, get accustomed to the place, all that kind of stuffs..." she trailed off. Something didn't quite feel right. She looked at Avery again, then glanced down at her feet. Vines, petals, and stems were all intertwined in a mess that made it impossible for either party to move without ripping something. Dawn nervously chuckled, then traveled up the vines to meet Sage's equally nervous face. Something felt comforting about that.

Dawn turned to the same direction she had been facing. Then, she leaned in. "Hey, um, if it helps any," she whispered, "I'm pretty sure he's a teacher. My mom just has some weird friends. And uh, try to get used to weirdness. It's pretty common around here." Hopefully she wasn't leaning in too close, but it was hard to tell when her legs were glued to the floor. Dawn Louise quickly returned to her starting position and spoke to everyone, "I think Ms. Lane will have the schedules and classrooms and dorms and... uhm, you know. That stuff."
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:21 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Sage nodded slowly. "Where do we find Ms. Lane?"
Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the color draining out of the vines around Evan's legs, tinting his skin green. She almost gasped in surprise, but remembered what Dawn had just said.
'...get used to the weirdness. It's pretty common around here.'
That's just his power,
Sage thought. Kind of a lame one, too...what use is pulling the color out of things?
She shook her head. Whatever. It doesn't matter. I need to get to my dorm...

28 Reviews

Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:58 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Dawn tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Well, I thought you were supposed to be out here, but maybe she got busy. My mom always calls her in for something."
As if on cue, a young woman came from the large swinging doors and went straight to Dawn's said, briefly greeting the odd teacher on a bench. With a clipboard in hand and quick steps, she was there in seconds. Dawn smiled when she did and the tangle of vines retreated back into the ground.

"Hello," she said, pushing some stray ends of hair behind her ears, "I'm Ms. Darcy Lane. Or just Ms. Lane." The young woman smiled shyly as she scanned over her papers. Then, she began to address everyone with just a few stutters along the way. "Welcome! The headmistress is busy, so I'll be taking you through this," Darcy said, "In short, I'm the assistant principal. The Adjudicator is very busy, so if there is anything you need, come to me first," she explained, flipping through her pile of papers frantically.

Despite being the headmistress's closest friend, it still amazed Dawn how it could've happened. I mean, her mom would flip out if she ever saw Dawn so unorganized.

Ms. Darcy Lane began making a roll-call, though she went so fast that many kids had to ask for a second round to make sure the names had been called. The strange teacher made sure to watch intently as it proceeded. "Alright... Amelia, Tyler..." Darcy's nose scrunched and she pointed her pen to a girl with puffy buns and a noticable blue theming, "Did I call you already? Eunice?"

The girl shook her head. "Nuh-uh! I'm Izzy!" Izzy was just as bright and happy as Darcy appeared to be, making her chuckle a bit. "Sorry if I confused ya. I was over there point-three seconds ago! I'm a speedster," she said, overly proud of herself.

Ms. Lane simply smiled at her and carried on. Thankfully, after a third round, every student had been accounted for. She sighed in relief once it was done. "Perfect. Everyone is here! Wonderful," She cleared her throat before continuing, "Alright! Since there are just so many of you, and we trust our students, you're allowed to freely roam and get familar. Now, for dorms, there are a few rules. No females and males, no sneaking out, all the things you should know. Due to you being our first students, we have decided that we can be a bit more flexible on who rooms with who," Darcy explained, a grin growing wide, "There are some presets already if you're clueless, but hopefully you've decided by 6 p.m. By then, all the schedules should be completed and everything in order."

Dawn clutched her book tighter. She had to wonder, though, if maybe her mom told Darcy to let them choose just so Dawn could get with people she wanted. Ms. Whitlock always spoiled her a bit. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad as she thought... Her eyes glanced over Avery and Sage.

"So, until the printer starts working again," she whispered, "Go and enjoy your new school!"
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:09 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Sage twisted her chain in her hands, trying to keep them from shaking. Choose your own dorms? Oh no...why couldn't they be assigned? Her eyes flicked to Dawn, Avery, and Evan. She wanted a room with them...but could she ask them? She'd only known these people for a few minutes. Was asking to room with them too weird?
Her heart pumped frantically. If she didn't say anything, they'd probably just walk away...
"Do you guys want to room together?" Avery asked. Sage's shoulders relaxed.
"Or course!" she cried. She looked at Dawn. Please say yes, please say yes...

28 Reviews

Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:45 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Dawn held her book next to her waist while her other hand face-palmed herself. Of course her mother would pull something like this. Was it to make her feel better about being around so many new people? There will be assigned dorms. No need to worry- just to pull this?!

"I'm so sorry guy-" she was cut off by the realization Avery and Sage wanted to room with her. She blinked. Then looked over them. "I, um, sure! Why not?" Dawn said, giggling a bit. "I already chose a room, if that's alright. I've been living here for a bit, actually..." she mumbled, "It's the room on the top floor, right by the stairs to the little garden. Fitting, right? We can change it, if you all don't like it!"
they/she or she/they

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda