z

Young Writers Society

Star Guardians

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:34 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

"Hello, mortal. I'll get straight to the point. Your world has died. You're all that's left."

"It sucks, I know, but hey! If you help me out, I have some friends in the same situation! We're called Star Guardians, and we make sure that what happened to you doesn't happen anymore! So, what'cha say?"

So, you're universe suddenly imploded on itself? Don't worry! It's quite common. In fact, you're not the first. Many others have suffered such fate after unknowingly going against the 'scripts' of their universes. One minor error causes total death. Unfair, isn't it? You don't even know what you're supposed to do!

Don't worry! Celeste, a young descendant of elder celestials older than time itself, hates this system. She wishes to preserve life instead of systematically destroying it. So, she uses her limited and fragile powers to collect the perpetrators of this destruction and formed the Star Guardians out of them. With just a fraction of Celeste's power, these people have reached immortality and can 'weave stardust' into whatever tools they desire. They travel through any galaxy on that appears to be in danger and corrects their course, even if through force.

Messing with the order of universes and galaxies is risky busniess, but Celeste has been able to avoid her ancestor's attention for millions of years. Until one day, when a blackhole swallows a world in danger before the team could even arrive and tensions begin to rise within the team, suggesting that perhaps there is a traitor among their ranks...

Star Guardians (OOC)
Last edited by KocoCoko on Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/she or she/they

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:36 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

A realm of a thousand mirrors, each reflecting a different universe. Like a stained painting, telling stories that could only be admired from afar. The only thing free of the glass display was the floor, a bottomless pit of some water-like substance. She was still able to walk on it, but it rippled with every movement. Her hair was feet behind her, calmly laying across the water.

“Celeste?” A voice said. The star looked behind her. A woman with dark hair and eyes staring at her, her arms crossed and lips pursed. She looked just like a human black hole, despite tan flesh. Funny, considering Celeste’s own cosmic origin. 

“Hi, Helia,” Celeste responded, combing out her hair with her fingers, “What are you doing here?”

“You weren’t in your study. I got curious,” Helia responded. 

“Why were you looking for me?”

Helia rubbed her neck. “I got worried. You disappeared in us the second we got back. Were you hurt?” 

Celeste looked down at her fingers. A part of pinky had chipped, displaying a bright yellow light from inside. Everyday, she was reminded that her own flesh was simply an illusion that breaks like a porcelain doll. The star looked to her companion. “I’m alright. ‘Tis but a flesh wound.”

Helia chuckled. “Monty python?”

Celeste beamed. “I quite like your Earth’s customs.”

The woman stood next to the young star, a head or so taller than her. She was forty when her world ended. Apparently, she was meant to leave her son to fell into the side of the road instead of tripping as she ran after him. Everything started decaying, breaking into pieces, and suddenly she woke up in an endless library where a girl with too much hair stood over her, screaming It worked! over and over.

Helia wrapped her arm around the teen's shoulder, watching a universe in which a superhero was defending his city. “Happy birthday, by the way.”

“Oh, is it?” Celeste said, leaning into the older woman. Not technically (Helia was maybe 600 years old?), but she was a motherly figure to the star. “I forgot. How old am I?”

“Let’s see… a billion and, hm, maybe three?”

Celeste shrugged, “Maybe. Thank you, anyway.”

“We found a birthday present for you on our last mission. I hope you don’t mind.” 

Celeste couldn’t help but smile, “I bet I’ll love it.”

“Not like we can return it.”

The pair laughed. A starry and bright beyond lay in front of them. Helia stared up, mesmerized by the moving pictures. “I’ve never been here before. What is this place?”

“All the universes I can reach out to from where we are. Honestly, I’m not even sure if it actually looks like this. All this place really is is just an interpretation our minds can understand,” Celeste said, moving away from Helia’s grasp. She touched one of the mirror, her fingers leaving flashes of color on the show. “One day I’ll see it. My elders can, so I will, too.” 

Helia smirked, “I think I like it as is. It’s beautiful.”

Blush enveloped Celeste’s face, “I’m glad. I don’t allow many people in here.”

Helia nodded and hummed. “Suppose I’ll get going then. Don’t want to overstay my welcome.” Before the star could argue that point, she continued, “We’ve got cake waiting. Be there soon, or someone might eat it. Not me, of course.”

Celeste looked back at the stained glass windows, then Helia. “Of course. Just give me a moment.”
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:41 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

This cake was good.
Caleb didn't know where it had come from, but it was delicious. He'd found it sitting on a small table in the Great Hall, perfectly framed in the doorway. How could he resist?
It was a vanilla cake, Earth-style, with white buttercream frosting and little stars made of fondant. There were no utensils, though...didn't matter to Caleb. He had already eaten about a third of it, and there was frosting all over his face and hands.
Just then, the doors swung open, and Celeste stepped in, followed by Helia. The star's eyes widened when she saw him there, crumbs clinging to the front of his shirt. The look on her face told him immediately that he was in trouble. His ears promptly turned bright red.
"Hi, Cel," he peeped, smiling guiltily.

28 Reviews

Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:46 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Celeste looked at him, then down at the cake, then back again. She giggled. "Well, it wasn't Helia, right?' A tint of sadness lingered in her chuckle. That poor cake. "Glad you enjoyed it! Was it good? Don't want it to be a complete waste, I guess."

Celeste was much more merciful than Helia would ever be. She glared at him, ready to strike at any moment. "Caleb." She couldn't speak another word with Celeste right next to her. It'd be too vulgar for the star's ears to bare.

"We can always get another!" Celeste suggested, putting a hand on Helia's shoulders. She was sure that Helia would've killed him then and there if it weren't from her own presence. "There's another universe that might be in danger. It's not at high levels, but I think if we keep an eye on it tomorrow it'll be fine! It's just a cake!" Celeste said, placing herself between Caleb and Helia. The star looked at the smears of frosting on Caleb's cheeks. Shyly, she began to fiddle with her hair as she tried to keep a smile. "A sweet... delicious cake..."
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:55 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"I'm sorry, was it for you?" Caleb was now desperately trying to wipe the frosting off his face, but was just kind of smearing it around instead. His face was so hot he was certain it must have been glowing. "I-I can get you a new one!"
He glanced at Helia, who was glaring absolute daggers at him. Caleb scooched behind the table, away from her wrath.
"I'm really sorry," he repeated. How could he be so stupid? It was Celeste's birthday, wasn't it? Why would he think it was for him...his birthday was months away, after all. "What kind do you want? Chocolate, vanilla, red velvet...?"

28 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:50 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Helia rubbed her temples, grumbling to herself. "Can you think with anything but your stomach?"

Celeste chuckled to herself, "Don't worry about it, Caleb. It's alright, really. Besides, we might have to head out tomorrow, anyway. We can just eat out there! It's another Earth central, I think," Celeste mused to herself, playing with the small astrolabe in her pocket. She had a bigger one in her study that she could use to navigate the stars. This one was mostly just a neat trinket she picked up. "Hm, we've had a lot of those lately. I'll get more details by the end of the day." Celeste pat Caleb on his head, trying to cheer him up.

Helia approached Caleb as well, though she grabbed his shoulder and gripped it tightly, "You didn't eat that necklace either, did you? It was a gift." If looks coule kill, Caleb was a deadman.
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:37 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"What necklace?" Caleb asked, trying to wriggle his shoulder out of her painful grip. But Helia didn't let go. "I didn't see any necklace!"

28 Reviews

Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:49 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Helia just stared at him. Everything went silent. Celeste watched the two. It was eerily quiet...

The Celeste burst into laughter, holding her stomach and falling onto her back, "Oh stars!" She wheezed. At first, she couldn't believe that this guy caused an entire universe to end, but now?! Oh, yeah, absolutely! Oh, sweet Caleb... Celeste could barely even breathe now!

Helia slowly let go of him. She looked him right in the eyes. "The only reason you aren't dead is because of that." She pointed to the star, laying in the piles of her own hair, crying as she laughed at the absurdity of it all.
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:50 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"W-well it was just a cake," Caleb said defensively. His hand rested on the handle of his hammer. "How was I supposed to know it was special?"

28 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:45 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Helia blinked. Then she exploded, "It's a cake! Do you just go and buy a cake for no reason?! For the fun of it?! No, you dimwit!" Helia would've said worse if Celeste wasn't dying of laughter on the shiny floor. Thankfully, her bundles and bundles of hair made up for the fall damage, acting like a cushion.

Soon, though, the cacophony ended and Celeste stood up. "Oh, oh man..." She breathed, still giggling, "Caleb, don't take that to heart. She loves you. We all do."
Helia grumbled a harsh No under her breath.

Celeste would dust off her flowy black dress and wipe her eyes. Usually, she wore white, but the Star Guardians choice outfit was mostly all black, along with some sort of mask. If someone recognized them, they'd be in big trouble. Celeste would never be recognized, though, and she didn't go down with them very often anyways.
"Maybe you should just go retrieve our new mission while you gather the others? I'll tell them all about this later. I think they're in the dormitories changing."
Last edited by KocoCoko on Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:58 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Sure, Celeste," Caleb glanced at Helia as the star left the room. "I, uh...I do buy cakes for the fun of it. They make for a good afternoon snack."
And he scuttled out of the room before she could say anything.

28 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:25 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Celeste hurried to her study, shutting the door just as quick. Every day, it was starting to get harder and harder to be around them for so long. She needed time to unwind, let her physical form rest, and not be the leader they wanted her to be. Celeste slowly approached her desk, a long wide table of oakwood (Helia said it was the prettiest type of wood back on her homeland). On the desk were hundreds of books all messily piled together, each collected from the many places she had traveled to. Along with it, seemingly just a pane of glass. In actuality, it mapped out galaxies and contained all the information she needed to guide her team. She sat down in her cushiony chair, sinking a bit. An astrolabe spun around itself in a memorizing pattern. Celeste lightly poked the gold engravings on the long-forgotten device as she surveyed her surroundings.

It wasn't big and grand as people wanted it to be. In actuality, it was a small and cozy book cranny with just enough room for a desk. Sometimes the books never ended. Constantly, the knowledge inside them changed, charting out histories and worlds that Celeste may never get to see. Her eyes weren't on the books, though. Instead, her eyes were caught by a pair of earrings, designed by her best friend, Aries. They were meant to be a gift for her, but Malcom was more hyper about the goat-shaped jewelry.

Ah. Right. Malcom. The second Star Guardian. He's the one who came up with the name. He's the one who was actually excited to be among the stars. He was the one who was jumping to learn every astrological fact in the world. He bounced on his feet every time a zodiac was brought up. It was amazing just how nerdy and joyful he was. He wore sunglasses shaped like the actual sun, for the star's sake!

Celeste cringed. All that did was make his look of terror engrave itself even worse. It was the first time they ever failed. It was the first time a Star Guardian died. It was the first time she saw Helia cry so openly. Malcom didn't make it out of the destruction in time.

She felt so guilty. Not just for losing such a pure heart with dyed purple hair and long lashes, but for feeling guilt in the first place. She was leader of the Star Guardians, defenders of the cosmos! Yet here she was, barely holding back her tears when she thought of Malcom trying to teach her how to do her own makeup. She couldn't talk to anybody about this pain, either. Her zodiac friends wouldn't understand what death was and why she felt so terrible about it, the elders would end her instantly, and her own team were meant to look up to her. She doubted any of them even knew she held such deep feelings. Maybe Cathy, but she doubted Cathy was one to read xer own teammate's feelings.

There was no one to talk to. Helia's heart was just as torn and was been the only one left to remember him. Maybe... Maybe Seo? They were nice and cuddly like a teddy bear. Maybe Darvi would listen. Celeste didn't want to make anyone cry, so they were a good choice, too. There was always Caleb. Caleb, sweet Caleb. He was always so innocently willing to help through anything. At the same time, she didn't want to burden him. Or anyone.

Celeste stared at her glass screen. Her eyes widened. The tears she tried to keep hidden away soon spilled. Just like her "blood,'' it was gold and shiny, twinkling as it dripped onto the table. She just wanted to preserve life. Why did it have to be so hard?
Their next mission, if they were even going to have it, was going to be rough. Celeste let her tears fall, screaming in her head that she shouldn't let them go so easily.

Pathetic, wasn't it?
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:23 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Caleb's pace slowed to a light jog as he made his way down the hallway. Stars swirled all around him, light flowing in from all sides of the cosmos. It was a little overwhelming at first, but he'd gotten used to it. It was almost mundane now--after all, he'd lived here for over 200 years.
As he rounded the corner, the walls lit up in a pale blue glow. Stepping forward, he reached into a tiny alcove carved into the glass-like substance that made up this whole place. He opened his hand, and a beam of golden light fell onto it, scanning across his palm.
Recognizing: Caleb, a cool voice spoke from nowhere in particular. Initializing: mission #4265.
A scroll fell into his hand with a soft plunk.
I'll wait to read it with the others, he decided, stuffing it into his satchel and continuing down the hallway. Eventually he came across a row of plain purplish doors, each with a set of heavy metallic knockers.
"Mission time!" Caleb cried, banging the knockers as he strode past the doors. "We're meeting in the main hall in fifteen minutes!"

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:31 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Seo immediately made her way to Darvi's room when she heard the knocking. It didn't take her very long, given it was right next door and soon she was pushing the door open, smile on her face as usual.

But it was empty, the bed perfectly made and the room spotless.

Seo sighed. She'd been expecting it but hoped that today would be different. She all but ran to the next most obvious location. The training area.

Darvi was there, hitting one of the dummies with their baton completely silently. The only sound was the dull thud of impact, Darvi‘s face completely neutral.

"Darvi!"

Darvi paused, sighing. “Yes, Seo?”

"Where have you been?"

“Here. Where do you think?”

"But you've been here for so long. I was worried something happened."

“You say that every time.”

"Because its true every time."

Darvi sighed, frowning.

Seo walked right up to them. "Well you can stop now at least."

“I’ve barely been here today.” Darvi rolled their shoulders and started hitting the dummy again.

"Define barely."

Darvi waved their hand dismissively.

"Tell me."

“It’s only been an hour. Two. Five, tops.”

"That is not barely." Seo promptly scooped him into her arms.

Darvi froze, barely stifling a noise.

"You are coming with me and that decision is final."

“I was fine where I was, thank you.”

"Well too bad for you then."

Darvi huffed, xer face burning in a hot blush.

"You're coming with me. Do you have any valid arguments?"

“You’re not going to find anything I say valid.”

"Oh good you already know. Then do you just give up."

“I’d rather you just put me down.”

"Really?"

Fae nodded. “Really.”

Seo put xem down. "Fine."

Darvi blinked. “You… actually listened.”

"I did."

Darvi nodded. “Thank you. Now I’m going to go back to what I was doing before I was rudely interrupted.”

"Oh I can't allow that."

“Oh, but you should. Because it’s polite and respectful.”

"Is it?"

“It is. Now, if you excuse me-“ Darvi turned around to leave.

Seo picked xem up again.

Darvi seemed to squeak, quickly muffling it into her hands.

"You never said I couldn't pick you up again."

Darvi glared at her. “It was implied!”

"That's not going to hold up in court."

“It wasn’t a legal agreement.”

"If you're going to make these rules binding, then it has to have some basis in logic like a legal agreement."

Darvi glared at Seo. “Put me down and keep me down. The entire time.”

Seo put her back down again.

Darvi nodded. “Good. And now you have to leave me alone as I keep training.”

"I disagree."

Darvi sighed. “You already agreed. That you would put me down and let me stay down, on the ground. You can’t take that back.”

"Well but I didn't agree to let you keep training."

“How are you going to stop me?”

"By telling you that we have to report for duty."

Darvi froze, then groaned. “Why didn’t you lead with that?” They shook their head and started marching out of the training room.

Seo giggled and followed after them.

“You are awful for that! What, were you just going to carry me there? In front or everyone?” Darvi is blushing madly again, fixing eir collar.

"Well if I had to, I would've."

Darvi huffed. “You were trying to take that choice away!”

Seo raised her hands. "I'm sorry."

Darvi groaned, covering her face. “I forgive you. I’m not… I’m not really mad. I’m sorry.”

Seo frowned. "Wait, why are you apologizing?"

Darvi didn’t answer, just kept walking.

Seo ran after him. "Tell me more."

“What more is there to say?”

"Why did you apologize?"

“Because I upset you.”

"You didn't. Well...not anymore than usual because I'm get a bit too worried about you sometimes."

Darvi sighed. “I still don’t understand why.”

"Because I'm your friend genius."

“And?”

"So I care about you."

“But you don’t need to worry yourself to an early grave. I’m fine.”

"First of all I'm immortal. Second of all, too late. You should've been meaner to me a lot earlier if you wanted me to be mad at you."

“Did I say I wanted you mad at me?”

"No."

“So where did that come from?”

"Well...how could I not be friends with you unless you actively tried to make me mad?"

“Did I say you couldn’t be friends with me?”

"Well no."

“So where did that come from?”

"But...but...but you said don't worry about you."

“Well, you shouldn’t. I’m fine.”

"But I should."

“But why?”

"Because I should."

“Why should you?”

"Because I'm your friend."

“But… why?”

"As your friend I care about your wellbeing."

“But why?”

"That's what good friends do."

“Even if there is nothing to worry about?”

"There is clearly something to worry about here."

“Oh whatever do you mean?”

"You're working more than you should be."

“I’m not. I’m staying in top shape.”

"You're overworking yourself."

“I’m not!”

"Yes you are."

“How am I overworked?”

"You spend too many hours training."
“Not too many!”

"Too many."

“How is it too many?” She sighed.

Seo sighed. "I don't have time to go in circles with you right now. Let's just go."

Darvi grinned. “I win.”

Seo nodded, her smile not quite reaching her eyes. "Yes you do."

Darvi attempted to sling an arm over Seo’s shoulder, but was far, far too short to pull it off. “Oh, come on. It’s alright. At least this training area is climate controlled.”

Seo pouted. "I still think you're too hard on yourself okay."

“I just don’t want to let myself go. We can’t all be like you. If I stopped working for my strength, I would lose it all. Become a bag of bones less than five feet tall.”

"No you won't. You keep working like this you might actually lose your strength."

“If I didn’t lose my strength when wading through knee-deep swamps and half of my diet was mud, I think I’ll be fine.” Darvi patted Seo’s arm.

"Well that seems contradictory."

“What do you mean?”

"You're so concerned about losing strength when you're having basically an ideal environment while saying you survived in a very much less than idea environment without losing strength."

Darvi frowned. “Well. I uh. You see-“

"Mmm Hmm?"

Darvi scowled. “It’s not the same.”

"Really?"

Darvi nodded.

"So convincing wow."

“I am.”

"I bow to your debating skills."

“As you should.” Darvi grinned.
Seo bowed.

Darvi chuckled.

"On a serous note, will you please be more careful?

“I didn’t do anything dangerous.”

"Well it was."

Darvi sighed.

Seo pouted again.

Darvi frowned. “What?”

"Nothing."

“You’re sad.”

"Its fine."

Darvi’s face fell. “Seo?”

"Hmm?"

“I’m… are you okay?”

"I'm okay."

Darvi nodded, getting a bit quiet.

"I'm just... I'm still worried."

Darvi nodded again.

"Just...never mind."

“I’m sorry.” Darvi shook their head. “I didn’t… I didn’t mean to upset you…”

"Its alright."

“No it’s not. I can’t…” Xe shook xer head. “Never mind. It’s fine.”

"Its fine."

Darvi nodded, looking only at the floor.

Seo pulled xem into a tight hug, letting go after a long squeeze.

Darvi made a small squeak, having no ability to stifle it.

"I'm sorry I'm a little too much sometimes."

Darvi shook xer head. “No. No! It was… it was great. Awesome. Yeah.”

Seo smiled, a genuine smile this time. "Ohh."

Darvi nodded rapidly, that mysterious blush coming back full force. She muttered a word that sounded suspiciously like, “muscles.”

"Darvi?"

“Hmm?” His voice was a little too high-pitched.

"You okay?"
Darvi nodded rapidly again. “Never better. Great. Amazing. Gay. I mean good. Just good.”

Seo giggled. "Great Amazing Gay. That's a lovely new way of saying good. I'm going to copy that."

Darvi covered their mouth, her eyes widening.

Seo giggled.

Darvi spluttered for a few seconds. “Do you even know what gay means?”

"Of course I do."

“Then why do you tease me in this way?”

"I'm sorry?"

“You should be.” Darvi seemed to be pouting, though Seo knew he would avidly deny it.

"I've done nothing here."

Darvi shook his head, looking mock betrayed.

Seo gasped.

“I’m sorry to alert you. But you’ve hurt me today.”

Seo fell to her knees. "I'm so sorry."

Darvi patted her shoulder. “I’ll forgive you. Some day.”

"Thank you. So kind."

Darvi grinned. “I know.”

Seo bowed low again.

Darvi laughed.

"I'm glad you find my groveling amusing."

“Oh, I always do.”

Seo gasped.

Darvi laughed again, trying to tug her along. “Come on. We have to go.”

"Alright. Alright." Seo got back on her feet.

Darvi gestured down the hall. “Let’s go.”

"Let's go!" announced Seo, promptly scooping Darvi up again and taking off at a jog.

Darvi made a small noise of surprise, instinctively grabbing hold.

Seo kept running. "Fastening your seatbelts I see."

Darvi narrowed faer eyes. “You breached your contract.”

"Now what contract is this?"

“That you wouldn’t pick me up again!”

"Aha, but I'm running with you, so I'm technically providing transport."

“That doesn’t mean anything!”

"Yes it does!"

“No!”

"Are you hating this?"

He shook his head. “I… I don’t hate it…”

"Then we're good."

Darvi nodded.

"Now...do you like this?"

Darvi went rigid, that blush darkening.

Seo just raised an eyebrow.

“I… I um…” Darvi looked at the floor.

"Hmm?"

“Next question!”

"I'll take that as a yes."

Darvi groaned.

Seo giggled.

“You hate me.”

"I don't."

“You do.”

Seo just pouted in response.

Darvi just crossed faer arms.

Seo giggled again.

Darvi scowled. “Just tell me when we get there.”

"Alright."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:43 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Belinda draped herself across Cathy’s bed, grinning. “Oh come on. The sappy end makes it worth it!”

Cathy pouted.

Belinda giggled. “You know, not all literature has to be depressing and make me cry.”

Cathy smiled softly at her. "You being happy is good."

Belinda giggled harder.

Cathy sat down beside Belinda. "My favorite noise."

Belinda squeaked. Cathy smiled again.

“You didn’t warn me that you were about to get all sweet.”

Cathy put a hand on Belinda's shoulder. "Sorry. You. You just. You make me like this. I. I can't help it."

“You’re very cute like this.”

Cathy flushed a light pink. Belinda giggled again.

"Laughing. At me."

“I’m not.” She pouted.

"You were."

“I wouldn’t!”

Cathy pouted back.

Belinda sighed, dramatically flopping to the side. “No fair! You’re too pretty!”

Cathy was now fully red. Belinda didn’t raise from her flopped state. Cathy lay down carefully beside her and pulled her into a hug. she nestled into Cathy’s arms. Cathy sighed happily. Belinda smiled.

"Pretty," Cathy whispered.

“Pretty what?”

"You."

“I’m pretty me?”

"You're pretty."

Belinda squeaked at that.

"Love to hold."

Belinda whined. “Cathy…”

"Yes?"

“You’re going to kill me.”

"I could never."

“You will though!”

"But. Just saying truth."

“Truth kills.”

Cathy buried her face in Belinda's shoulder, making a noise that sounded suspiciously like a whine.

“Did you just whine?”

"N...n...no."

“It was very cute.”

Cathy definitely squeaked that time.

Belinda giggled. “So was that.”

"N..now. Who..who's d..dying?"

Belinda giggled harder. “Sorry.”

Cathy seemed to give in that time, not even hiding the whine. Belinda kissed her forehead.
She smiled brightly.

“Suitable revival?”

Cathy nodded. "T..thank you."

“You’re welcome.”

Cathy beamed. Belinda grinned back

"Love you."

“Love you too. So much.”

Cathy smiled.

Suddenly, Caleb’s voice thundered down the halls. “Mission! Main hall! Fifteen minutes!”

Belinda flinched, shrieking slightly. Cathy instinctively hugged her tight. Belinda collected herself. “I… I guess that’s us?”

"Y...yes."

Belinda nodded. “So we should uh…”

"Go."

“Mhm.”

"Yeah."
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2