View Likes
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:48 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Evika hummed, aiming for thoughtfully but just ending up in the same neutral octave they always were in. “I wouldn’t really consider it something to brag about. It’s quite unlikely to happen really.”

Evika held out faer hand. “One, forensic science has simply gotten too good to hide crimes. Any small fragment of being down to individual skin cells will result in a guilty conviction. The risk is too high.”

They sighed. “Two, due to this high risk, I will end up in prison, which is essentially a legal slavery system. And then I will die a premature death most likely from a preventable disease or work related accident. Not my idea of a good time.”

“And finally, three, murdering someone is simply too much effort.” They shrugged. “No thank you.”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:03 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Lana did her best to wrap around Evika a little bit more, just in case anyone commented on that last declaration a bit too much. Clearly a deflection was the best option.

"I feel like burning the place down is only going to get us caught and sent to some similar place. Getting away quietly is much more logical."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:12 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Depends on how many people we can get to join us," Blaze muttered, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "If we get enough, maybe we can cause enough damage to shut the whole place down. Although, the more people know about this, the more likely we are to get caught."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:39 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Mary quickly stood up straight when she was accepted, retreating just slightly as Sidonie took the snack. A small smile spread onto the girl's face, along with a mouse-like squeak. Then, she was called a baby. Her fingers twitched against her bag. "I'm not a baby!" She shouted as she took a step towards Odessa, her voice hoarse from how often she whsipered. Quickly, she reeled in. "Sorry. I didn't mean that. Well, I did, but... not like that. Don't worry, I won't be," She said, fiddling with some sort of object inside the overstuffed satchel. "I've got some skills. Not a lot, but, um, some good ones. I hope." Many soft squeals and muffled noises were made. People- maybe friends! She didn't mess it up! Yet. It was always a yet. "Oh, and uh, I'm Mary-Magdalene. Like the saint? I'm not a saint, but that'd be cool. You can just say Mary," She paused, her eyes wandering to the side, "Or Magdalene. Sometimes Maggie. It depends on the teacher," Realizing she overspoke, she shut herself up and slowly skidded to the outskirts of the little group.

Not wanting to feel left out, Mary Magdalene raised her hand just above her head. "You could... uh..." She trailed off, not able to think of any suggestions so suddenly. There were just so many options! Maybe they could frame the staff and shut the place down, or maybe- No, that was stupid. "Well, technically, you could burn the place down, but if you also don't wanna get caught, then you just gotta make it look like an accident. Maybe... um, start a fire in an oven?" Mary said, shrinking and hunching her back over the more and more she talked. Every idea she had felt stupid, but she didn't want to make herself dead weight. She wanted to help, even if just a little bit.
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:09 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:34 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Mary-Magdalene was glad she took a step away from the ensuing drama. It kept going, and it kept getting louder. Nearing the end, Mary was holding her bag tight to her chest. In her head, she agreed with Sidonie on every point. Mary didn't want to be criminal, and she sure as hell didn't trust 'Odessa the Outlaw.' She didn't trust any of them, but the leader of this riot hadn't even explained how they'd pull it all off in the first place. What had she just gotten herself into?

As Sidonie turned away, Magdalene reached her hand out for her but drew back. She wanted to join in with the blonde, run away from Odessa and whoever these other psychos were... but she didn't want to be the next Sidonie. It's a necessary evil, Mary told herself, I can't just stay here forever. It's not like I'm the one committing crimes. So, with her feet shackled, Mary stayed put with the big kids while chewing at her bottom lip. Maybe Sidonie would have a change of heart?
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:58 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Blaze watched the blonde storm away with narrowed eyes. He wasn't sure what to think. Sidonie had a point--Odessa hadn't really thought this through. But what were they expecting--a complete, detailed battle plan, right on the spot? It was obvious she needed help, from how she had recruited them to join her rebellion. But with people come risks and variables, ones that can only be analyzed after a thorough assessment.
After all, you wouldn't expect a plumber to fix your microwave. Only a technician can do that. So naturally, they would need a plan that fits their respective skill set. You can't expect something to go well if nobody knows what they're doing.
"Come on," he said, looking around at the others. "Were you hoping for some sort of intricate, perfectly laid-out scheme? Sidonie's right, we're barely more than a group of teenagers. Which means we need to play everything to our strengths. Odessa didn't know who was going to join--how could she predict everything that's going to happen? We haven't known each other for more than a few minutes. If we're going to do this, we need to know everyone's area of expertise. Mary's already told us hers--does anyone else have a skill they think could be useful?"

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:06 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Evika didn’t like that. They didn’t like any of this. It had started off so well, and then… at the drop of hat everything dissolved into screaming. They don’t understand. What happened? What did they miss?

Lana leaned in close, stroking faer back. "Are you okay?"

“I don’t know. I don’t understand what happened. I’m… lost.”

"I think one of them got offended and then its now just escalating into pointless fighting. Nothing to be concerned about." Lana pulled Evika into her chest.

Evika rested against Lana. They always felt so stupid when something that came so simply to everyone else. This was exactly why they were in this school. Because they couldn’t understand.

Lana stroked their hair slowly. "Better now?"

“Not really.”

"What do you need?"

“To understand.” Evika looked away. “Or to… finally stop feeling bad when I can’t.”

"Oh darling." Lana gently cupped faer face. "We'll keep working on not feeling bad, okay? We promised not to give up.“

“We did. We did. I’m sorry.”

"No need to apologize love."

Evika just patted Lana’s hands and faced the group again. “As for talents. I’m… not as helpful as I’d like to be. But Lana here is the most charismatic person I know.”

"Nuh uh. Evika is very helpful. She has like absolutely no fear. And she can lie really well."

Evika blinked. “That’s an exaggeration.”

"That is not."

“My lack of fear is not a lack of emotion. It’s a lack of suitable reaction.”

Lana promptly pouted. Evika blinked. “I don’t know what that means,” they whispered.

She pulled Evika closer, whispering in faer ear. "It means you're right and I want a kiss as compensation."

Evika nodded. “Okay. Thank you.” Fae leaned up to kiss Lana.

Lana grinned happily.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

Random avatar

Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:42 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

28 Reviews

Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:48 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

She almost smiled when Odessa and Blaze had both acknowledged her. Almost. If it weren't for the outlaw instantly cutting her off before she could talk. Even worse, Mary had a very important question lingering in the back of her mind. She was about to raise her hand again, before realizing how futile it would be. A criminal planning a mutiny wouldn't care if she followed the rules. So, Magdalene finally decided to speak before anyone else could by raising her voice ever so slightly on her first words to get their attention. "I can do that, but, um... I don't mean to be a debbie-downer, but what happens if..." Mary-Magdalene scanned the group, before meeting eyes with Odessa. Jesus, just looking at her made her heart sink. Mary quickly looked down at the dry grass, rubbing her shoe against it. "What would you do if they find one of my hiding spots? I'll get thrown into an ice room for sure, and I'd lose all my stuff plus whatever you give me. Am I just gonna... rot in there?" Mary was too paranoid to even say the ice room's name.
"What if any of us get caught, for that matter? We'd- We'll die in this place for sure!" Mary's own fear was quickly consuming her as her legs started stiffening beneath her. "Even if I spread it out, hide in all the good spots- if I have too many weapons then it's only a matter of time!" She should've ran away with Sidonie, but she wanted out of this hellhole so badly. Besides, Odessa should come up with some plan B's and C's anyway! Oh, she was getting fighting words now, too, wasn't she? Oh, this was bad. She only wanted clarification! "I don't need an answer!" She said quickly, before mumbling "Just, mm, something to think about before we kick this off... and stuff."
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:25 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

28 Reviews

Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:06 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Her tone was teasing, edging Mary closer to a dangerous switch that could be flipped in seconds. It was the reason she was here in the first place. Otherwise, she would've just been a shy girl who hid things, wouldn't she? "I-I can do it, but... but-" Magdalene said, restraining herself as much as possible. Was Odessa really this dumb?, Mary thought. Would she not even consider a backup plan? That unspoken dare ticked her. Her shyness faded and an angry scowl replaced it. She stomped her foot towards Odessa, "B-But if you were such a master at what you did then you wouldn't be here either!" She yelled, pointing at her. She would've hit the outlaw with her bag if she hadn't been holding it so close to her chest. The swing wouldn't have been quick enough to dodge a punch afterwards. Mary drew back after a few seconds, her confidence quickly fading, "Sorry. I didn't- I mean, I'm just saying... We've gotta prepare for the worst if we wanna actually do this."
Mary stood in silence. As much as she hated it, that silent challenge worked and she was too afraid of being cursed out. It was clear by now that Odessa didn't like someone who stood up to her. Mary shrunk down to her frightful self and finally, she spoke up, "If you find anything today, gimme it at the end of classes. I'll have some good spots by then," She whispered, head hung in shame.
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:07 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Last edited by deleted30 on Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:08 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Blaze watched as Odessa disappeared into the crowd. He turned back to Mary, who was still standing there, scuffing her feet against the ground. He felt like he should say something, but what? It's going to be okay? We're gonna get out of here? No. Nothing was for certain, and he didn't want to make empty promises.
Mary sniffed. She was so small and timid--Odessa's outburst must have really frightened her. Blaze lowered his eyes. He had defended Odessa, but it was clear that she was violent and prone to anger. Plus, who knew what else she was hiding under that prickly shell of hers?
"You should know that while I was caught for some things, I got away with far more...if they knew everything, I wouldn't be here--I'd be in jail."
For all he knew, Odessa could be a dangerous psychopath. And from the sound of it, she had gotten away with a lot...
Blaze turned and started walking to class. He needed to keep an eye on that girl...otherwise it might not be prison that they should worry about.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold