View Likes
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:40 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Blaze tapped his pencil against the corner of the desk, watching the girl with narrow eyes. They were only ten minutes into class, and she'd already managed to make Mr. Hapsburg explode. His gaze did not waver as the teacher released the girl's arm, allowing her back into her seat.
Tap tap tap tap, The pencil went.
If this was an ordinary school, I could have Mr. Hapsburg reported for assault, Blaze thought, rubbing a knuckle along his jaw. But of course, that's not going to happen here...
He glanced at the girl, who leaned back in her seat. She seemed very proud of herself, despite being attacked by the teacher. Blaze's eyes flicked to Mr. Hapsburg, gaze cold. He wanted to make him uncomfortable--to send a message that he, Blaze Dalton, was not one to be intimidated.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:04 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Random avatar

Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:39 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Blaze leaned down and snatched the paper off the floor, making sure to hide it in the palm of his large, calloused hand. When he was sure the teacher wasn't looking, he unfolded the crumpled note.
So her name's Odessa, He thought, stealing a glance at the girl beside him. Her dark curtain of hair obscured her face, but he thought he caught a glimpse of glittering mischief between the coal-colored strands. He looked back down at the note.
Why not? He thought, sliding it into his pocket. She looks like the kind of girl that has a plan. Maybe she can help me escape this hellhole.
"What is that?" Cried a sharp voice. Blaze swallowed, startled. He had forgotten about Mr. Hapsburg. "What did you put in your pocket?"
"Nothing, sir," He replied coolly. "Just a bit of paper."
"Passing notes in my class?" Mr. Hapsburg leered, an expression that made him appear rather like an old, wrinkly eel. He leaned forward, snatching it from Blaze's hand. He unfolded it triumphantly, reading it to the class in a very loud voice. "Meet...sharpen...break...what is this?"
"It's a crossword puzzle, sir," Blaze replied.
"What are you doing with a crossword puzzle in my classroom?!"
"Well, I had to find something to entertain me."
"Where did you even get such a thing?" The professor demanded.
"I stole it off your desk, sir," Blaze answered, nodding to the large, scratched piece of furniture in the corner. Sitting on top of it was a folded newspaper, one ripped edge floating off the desktop. "When I came into the classroom."
"You--" Mr. Hapsburg bared his teeth, glaring at Blaze like he wanted to wring his neck. "Detention, Mr. Dalton! Directly after school!"
He stomped back to his desk, still very red in the face. Blaze reached back into his pocket, where he could feel the crumpled edge of the note, safe and sound.

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:12 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Lana was bored. Very bored. This was hands down the most boring lesson they'd had all semester and she didn't think even the teacher was interested in it anymore by how this was going. Well... at least it wasn't like they were completely short on entertainment. Mr. Hapsburg had already gone and tried to attack... Lana racked her brain... Odessa. Odessa. Yup that's it. Mr. Hapsburg had already attacked her and yelled at Bleech, no Bloat? Boat? Blake? Blorg? Blog? Blip? Blart? Blaze. Blaze. That was it. That was the one.

It wasn't the greatest entertainment, given it also made her blood boil to see Mr. Hapsburg just manhandle students like that but it kept her awake, which was good, mostly because she wanted to avoid being similarly manhandled if she could help it.

She glanced over to Evika, looking for a more pleasant distraction from the boredom of this class. Evika was dutifully taking notes, their usual blank expression making it nearly impossible to tell if they were bored or genuinely interested in learning.

Lana glanced at faer handwriting. Their writing was slow and curly. Bored, then. Well that was confirmation that this lesson was officially useless, if even Evika couldn't find it interesting. She let her hand shift closer to Evika's let it brush ever so slightly against them. Now if she could get Evika to react adorably a little, not that would make this lesson far more interesting, for both of them. Evika's writing slowed a bit, but they showed no other reaction. Lana pouted and let her brush against faer hand again. Evika let out a small hum of acknowledgment, not pausing in faer writing. Lana pouted some more. This was unacceptable.

She leaned a little to the side, just brushing against Evika. Evika scooted faer chair a little closer. Lana smiled. A small victory. A small victory. Evika still kept writing faer notes.

Lana pouted again. Evika hadn't even looked her way. She sidled up a little closer to Evika again. Evika didn't give any sign of noticing. Lana huffed. This was proving harder than she had anticipated it being. Evika turned around at that, raising an eyebrow.

Lana was immediately beaming. She promptly winked. Evika just blinked. Lana pouted at that and brushed closer to fae again.

Evika reached into their pencil bag and pulled out a piece of pre-torn note paper and quickly scribbled something out, handing it to Lana carefully so Mr. Hapsburg didn't notice.

Lana carefully picked it up and unfurled it, hiding it strategically behind her pencil case.

What are you doing?

Lana quickly scrawled a quick reply.

You look very cute today.

She discretely passed the note back. Evika accepted the note and blinked at it. Twice. Fae glanced away, at the wall to faer right, before writing out a response and passing it back.

Validate your arguement.

Lana resisted the urge to giggle. Oh Evika was so adorable with these things sometimes. She settled for leaning her head on Evika's shoulder for just a moment, pulling away before Mr. Hapsburg could give her detention for it.

Evika didn't say anything and just went back to writing notes.

Lana pouted and started writing away.

Your hair is shining so brightly today I just want to run my hands all over it. She passed it back.

Evika took the note and examined it closely. They wrote a very short response and pasted it back.

More.

I passed it back almost immediately. Your nose is looking very cute today. I just want to nibble on it.

Evika had to look away for a second before they replied, their writing cramped with emotion.

Three points.

Lana resisted the urge to huff again. She scribbled more quickly.

Your lips look so kissable today.

Evika brushed the note aside, and started anxiously scribbling their notes, glancing up at the board.

Lana giggled. Victory. Evika was officially flustered. They just continued their notes, bluntly ignoring Lana's glee.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:17 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Evika just kept taking their notes. Mr. Hapsburg wouldn't be pleased if they weren't finsihed by the end of the period. Besides, Lana was...

being extra Lana today.

So, fae just kept going. Half of the blackboard left. They could finish.

Lana prompltly plopped her head down right on top of Evika's notes. Evika blinked down at her. That wasn't ideal.

"Lana?"

Lana pouted up at her. "What are you doing on my notes?"

Lana's pout just became wider. Evika reached down to stroke her hair. That usually helped when Lana was pouting. Lana immediately smiled widely. Evika felt a little warm at that. That was right.

Lana's smile brightened even more. Evika didn't let up in their ministrations. Lana smile just kept getting brighter, looking particularly happy with herself.

Evika leaned in and gently pressed a kiss to her temple. Lana let out a happy little giggle.

"What is going on there?" cam a harsh yell from the front of the class.

Evika glanced up to the direction of the yell. Mr. Hapsburg was storming over to them. Evika gently folded their hands. "Can I help you, sir?"

"Well you clearly aren't paying any attention so I don't see how you could be of any help."

Evika blinked. "I have been paying attention, sir."

"Then what are you doing slobbering all over this one and making obscene noises."

"I was giggling! Sir. And Evika was paying very close attention."

Evika's eyes glanced between Mr. Hapsburgs and Lana. "And slobbering is hardly the right word."

"Don't you talk to me about words CHILD. Detention. Both of you."

Evika hummed. "Sir, I have a question regarding what you've just said and our previous lessons."

"What?"

"According to everything you've taught us, you have been incredibly rude, sir." Evika carefully slide faer notebook out from under Lana. "You have called us both obscene and described our actions purposely to make them sound worse than they were."

They looked up at Mr. Hapsburg. "So, I don't understand, sir. You have been acting like what you've told us not to be."

"Are you trying to cal me a liar? And acting like you know more than me?"

"Fae literally stated the truth sir!!"

"Oh now you're calling me a liar too."

Evika shook their head. "I'm not calli mg you a liar, sir. I'm simply asking why when you do something, it isn't considered rude. Like when you grabbed Odessa. According to last week's lecture, it is..." Fae flipped in faer notebook. "'Extremely rude and uncomfortable to touch someone without his permission.'"

"Detention. Again. Both of you."

Evika looked at Lana. "Sir. That doesn't answer my question."

"There's no question worth answering. I suggest you and this sidekick of yours calm down."

"I am calm, sir. And I asked why it isn't considered rude when you do it."

"I'm doing what must be done to run a class with delinquents like you."

Evika hummed. "So because of your status of authority, you are saying that the rules don't apply to you?"

"What are you trying to accuse me of now? I'm simply doing this thankless job trying to help you and this is what I get."

Evika shook their head. "Accusing you of nothing, sir. Just trying to understand."

"This is outrageous! I won't stand for this." Mr. Hapsburg stormed off. "That's a third detention."

"Are you angry with me, sir?"

"Angry isn't sufficient to cover it."

Evika blinked. "Why, sir?"

"The sheer audacity-"

"Sir, with all disrespect, please stop."

"Four detentions. FOUR. Another word and I'm throwing you both out."

Evika blinked, their pencil tapping against their notebook. Fae still didn't understand. But, they didn't say anything. Lana put an arm around them.

"He doesn't know how to respond to facts darling. Don't let it get to you."

"I just want to understand. Everyone else expects me to, but I can't without asking. I didn't realize it would make him so angry."

"He just didn't like you questioning his authority. I'll explain later darling, when he won't come back to yell at us."

Evika nodded. "Thank you."

"Of course darling." Lana glanced up at Mr. Hapsburg who was busy writing something. She leaned into kiss faer cheek.

Evika blinked, the tapping of the pencil suddenly freezing in place. Lana settled back into her seat like nothing had happened. Evika scanned their desk, eyes freezing on a piece of paper that they didn't recognize.

"Lana?"

"Hmm?"

Fae gestured to the note. "Did you just write that?"

Lana shook her head, frowning at the note. "I didn't see that earlier. What is that?"

Evika shrugged. "Looks like a note."

"But who would?"

"I'm not sure."

"Do we check?"

"Go ahead." Lana carefully opened the note. "What does it say?"

"Meet in... Its from Odessa."

"Odessa?" Fae hummed. "What is she asking?"

"To meet."

"Does she say where and when?"

"Fountain. Lunch time."

"Any reason why?"

"Not mentioned."

"What do you think?"

Lana shrugged. "Should we go?"

"What do you think?"

"I could see pros and cons."

"What are the cons?"

"We don't know her motives. What she wants."

"Yup. Good points. Great points."

Evika nodded. "But, a new friend might be nice."

"Also a good point."

Evika shrugged. "But you're better at people."

"I think its worth a try."

"Alright. We'll try it."

"Okay let's go for it."
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

Random avatar

Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:36 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Random avatar

Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:05 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"I'm Blaze. Blaze Dalton," He said, looking down at Odessa."I got your note--I hope you're planning a mutiny, I can't wait to get out of here. Running's kind of my thing. I can't stand to stay in one place for long. My foster parents can tell you that."

Random avatar

Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:46 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Random avatar

Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:24 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Well...I also tended to steal stuff from my foster parents' houses and sell it on eBay," Blaze muttered thoughtfully, scratching his chin. "And I did run away a lot. thirteen times, I believe?"
He shrugged. "But yeah, I'd hardly say I'm a 'hardened criminal'."

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:02 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Evika hummed. “It sounds like that happens more often than one would think.” They blinked at Odessa. “I’m not sure if you know me, but I’m Evika Thomson. I too lack the… criminal record that sends most people in here.”

Fae glanced at Lana. “I was sent here by my parents because, on paper, I am at high risk for becoming a violent serial killer. I show now signs of empathy and severe emotional disconnect with others. They cannot fathom how someone different from them can still be capable of decency.”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:53 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Lana smirked, wrapping an arm protectively around Evika. "I'm Svetlana Sokolova." She made sure to emphasize her Russian accent. Normally she tried to play it down, but for once the stereotype of her homeland was going to be an advantage.

"I probably do deserve to be here. I've only stolen a few hundred things that definitely don't belong to me. Its fun you know. Getting people to just give things up without them even realizing."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Random avatar

Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:10 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"So many kleptos here," Blaze said, grinning. "Do you guys try to make money off 'em, or d'you just do it for fun?"

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:09 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Mutiny? Mary-Magdalene perked from her newest hiding spot. That sounded scary. Mutiny's weren't a good thing, right? Still, Miss Mayhalm was scary, too. Potato, Potatoe. Mary carefully moved dirt over the newest 'hidey-hole' she dug up, then placed the slab of concerte back into the fountain. Mary stood up and admired her work. Three fountain pens, a bag of chips, and the English teacher's favorite piece of chalk were now all tucked away.

Mary clutched her bag close to her chest, humming while she peaked beside the stone angel. Were they really planning a mutiny? That would be fun, right? They didn't sound happy about this place either, and Mary had been here for over a year at this point. What if she was stuck forever?! No, that just won't do.

Mary-Magdalene mumbled to herself, debating whether or not to reveal herself. They all seemed... scary. Everyone in this place was! The redhead and blonde seemed to be the only 'nice' ones, but that was certainly debatable. Nobody was nice at Miss Mayhalm's. That's why she had to leave. The teacher was always getting on her for being a failure socially... Apart from escaping, this could be her chance! Mary hardened her resolve ane quickly dug into her satchel, then into a book. In reality, it was another a hiding spot. Instead of pages, Mary had carved into words and text. Here, she hid her lunch. All 'found' completely legally!

Teacher's really need to be more viligant around their lunches, that's all. Mary noticed the disgusted look on Sidonie's face, she felt the same way (it's why she stole in the first place!) and slowly, she approached. She took several deep breathes, but it didn't stop her legs from moving stiffly and robotically towards the group. She appeared in front of the group, shaking from the pressure of it all. What was she thinking?! This would certainly get her killee or worse- Everyone at Miss Mayhalm's was insane! At least the lady in the middle was confident in it...

"Are you... mm, leaving? Or, something like that?" She mumbled, holding a whole granola bar out towards the blonde. Mary hated giving away her things, but she had to make some sort of peace offering. She hung her head low, staring at the ground, "I can help! Maybe... I know a lot of hiding spots. Hm, if that's what you're doing," She waved the fruity snack around Sidonie's face as a high pitched squeak left her, then she returned to the normal language, "Here's proof. You can have it. So, um... Can I join?"
they/she or she/they

I continue to be a reverse hipster, I only do things after they've ceased being cool
— BluesClues