z

Young Writers Society

A School Of Corrupted Ones

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:48 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"haven't gotten any sleep and i've barely been eating thanks to my stupid code that i've been trying to fix for 2 years now" she looked off in front of her, a pained look in her eyes

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:53 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody pursed her lips in sympathy. There was a short silence as Ai stared off into the distance, thinking about who knows what. Eventually, Melody spoke.
"Sorry about my brother."

27 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:23 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"its fine, its not a big problem really, people tend to judge a book by its cover, its nothing new" she looked at melody "wanna go somewhere to eat?"

Random avatar

Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:51 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody thought for a moment. She still felt a little nauseous, but she also didn't want to go to the nurse. Too many questions, too little answers.
"Sure. Is there somewhere you have in mind?"

27 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:03 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"theres this new restraunt that opened, what do you think of sushi?" she smiled at melody and put hand on her head, ruffling her hair a bit "my treat"

Random avatar

Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:16 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"I like Nigiri," Melody said thoughtfully. "What's the new place called?"

27 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:02 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"not sure, we'll have to see" she smiles at melody and continues walking with her "your code is halfway done, it seems to be affecting you in a negative way, do you want me to stop fixing it for a while until you feel better, or, do you want me to continue?" i don't want to harm her, i want to help her but it seems like its affecting her health.. her smile fades

Random avatar

Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:27 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Maybe...for just a little bit," Melody replied, rubbing her palms against her upper arms. "What happened back there, though? With the cracks, and the shaking?"
She looked at Ai, trying to arrange her face in a way that wouldn't show how absolutely terrified she was.

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:42 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"not sure, but it wasn't good, theres things we don't know about in this world and that must've been one of them, its not a pleasant aura at all, it seemed like everything in this world was changing at that moment, maybe one of 'them' are on the loose.." she sounded a bit scared but kept her voice calm

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:43 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody bit her lip as they entered the Sushi shop, and the cold scent of raw fish hit her nose. She stopped and sniffed the air, letting the familiar scent soothe her back to stability.
"Shall we find a table?"
The two girls sat down in a booth by the window, staring out at the street beyond.
"Do you think we might've caused the shaking? Melody asked. Ai shook her head.
"It didn't feel like that. Like I said, it seemed...different. Definitely not from us."
Suddenly, someone else butted into their conversation. He was small and skinny, with greyish skin and silver hair. A pair of rectangular glasses perched on the end of his nose, and the nails of his spidery hands were painted bright red.
"Are you talking about the earthquake?" He asked eagerly.
"You felt it too?" Melody said, looking at him sideways.
"It rattled the coffee straight off my desk," He replied, sliding quickly into the seat next to her. As he spoke, his fingers twitched in fast, jerky movements, like a rabbit on caffeine. "Plaster started falling from the ceiling. And then, the cracks came."
He leaned forward conspiratorially. "They were filled with this greyish stuff, all static-y and weird."
"Yeah, that's exactly what happened in our room," Melody muttered. "What's your name?"
"I'm Ethan," the boy said, shaking her hand enthusiastically. "And I think I know what's going on."

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:49 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"The ones who can shift reality itself..." she said this as she was looking out the window "some of them might be here as we speak, theres 2 sides to these rare ones, ones who help, and ones who kill, that earthquake was definitely a warning from the evil ones..."

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:06 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"It was an act of war," Ethan whispered hoarsely. "They're still angry about their defeat during the Algorithmic Wars. Our school is a symbol of everything they despise. It only makes sense for them to attack there first."
Melody nodded. This fidgety boy was right. The school would be the logical first option for a group of vengeful Warpers...

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:18 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"but the question is, who started the earthquake and why was it aimed after my dorm room first? it started in the dorm room, me and melody saw the black staticy ooze coming from the floorboards and then it hit the rest of the school after" she then became silent, deep in thought

Random avatar

Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:39 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Ethan tilted his head, red-tipped fingers drumming restlessly on the table. "Do you think the ooze is still there? Because if it is, maybe we could get a sample and analyze it. I've got some stuff in my dorm that we can probably use to figure out what it is."

27 Reviews

Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:06 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"it disappeared as soon as we stepped out of the room, i doubt its still there.." her hand clenched into a fist and started shaking slightly but her expression was calm and she was looking out the window

i like that the title of dr jekyll and mr hyde makes a clear stance that the embodiment of one’s own evil doesn’t get a claim to the doctorate
— waywardxwallflower