Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Blocky Bridge Between Worlds

[ Closed ]

The OOC Thread

The first thing you notice is that you’re not where you’re supposed to be. The last thing you remember is seeing a flurry of white and purple particles appearing around you. Then you found yourself here, either in a grassy field or underneath the tall spruce trees in the forest that surrounds it.

The next thing you notice is that you don’t entirely feel right. When you check to see why that’s the case, you discover you don’t really look like yourself anymore. You might have similar features, but you’re still far too different to explain it away as a costume change. After a short time or maybe after a while, you realize that you look exactly like your Minecraft skin. You’re not alone, either. There’s other people here, and they all look like they could be in the same situation as you’re in. If you want to get back home, you’re going to have to work together.

…And survive the game.

Welcome to Minecraft.

Elements of this Story Include…

• Fighting. Characters can fight each other and will be fighting mobs.
  • Magic shenanigans. Characters currently look like their skins, rather than themselves.
  • Improvisation. We’ll be improvising most of the plot for the beginning of the story.
  • Character bonding. Because the plot isn’t entirely set in stone right now, we’ll be mainly focusing on character bonds at the very beginning of the roleplay.

This roleplay involves some planning, so please swing by the OOC thread if you're interested in joining! We don't need to scheme about too much at the start of the roleplay, but we'll be doing a lot more scheming later on~

Please don't post here until I've given you the go ahead over in the OOC thread!

Thank you!

-

The Cast

1. Magebird
2. TheMulticoloredCyr
3. IcyFlame
4. Stellarjay
5. HarryHardy
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Rules

Please read these before joining this roleplay!

They’re super important.

1. Keep all out-of-character discussion over in the OOC thread! It keeps this thread nice and easy to navigate. As a bonus point, it makes rereading the roleplay a little bit smoother.

2. Please include a description of your character’s appearance in your first post and/or the OOC thread! I’ll throw together a formal list of them in the post before this one, but we need to know what your character looks like so we can describe them in our posts. You can put the description in a spoiler with the code down below:

Code: Select all
[spoiler]Enspoilered text goes here![/spoiler]

3. Speaking of characters, feel free to pick characters from whatever you want. They can be from another roleplay, a storybook, a novel or even a fanfiction of yours. The only reasons I’ll say no to a character is because they’re either a) too powerful for this roleplay or b) somehow conflict with the plot I have planned. But I’ll definitely let you know if that’s the case! The only requirement is that your character has either played Minecraft or set up an account to play Minecraft.

4. Please don’t write for anyone else’s characters. It's hard to predict what someone else might have their characters do, and it takes away some of the fun for the other writers.

5. Your character can guess what the plot is, but don’t make any plot-altering decisions without checking with me first! Some of my roleplays have more group scheming involved than others. I usually run roleplays like a DM runs a Dungeons & Dragon campaign. There’s some things that absolutely have to happen in a certain way to progress the plot, but the other writers have a lot of flexibility with other parts of the story.

(For example, you might not be able to add an NPC, but you can choose how your character interacts with them—save for if that interaction somehow conflicts with the plot!)

I’ll do my best to communicate how flexible a certain part of the story is, but always check with me if you’re not sure. :)

6. Don't post multiple times in a row. Make sure everyone has a chance to get a response in. There's going to be times where it makes more sense to post back-and-forth between two people, but please be courteous of your fellow roleplayers! If you want a faster-paced roleplay, Roleplay Hollow roleplays might be more of your cup of tea.

7. Posts should be on the longer side and be easy to read. Since this is a Roleplay Realm roleplay, longer posts are the norm. Occasionally, a sentence reply might work best, but the goal is to have longer posts. As for the easy to read bit: don’t worry! Just follow grammar rules and you should be all set.

8. Communicate with your fellow roleplayers. Ever have to take a break from the roleplay or realize it’s not really working out for whatever reason? That’s okay! Just let us know ahead of time so we can naturally write your character out of the story or give you the time you need to write your post. The key to a really fun and finished roleplay is communicating with the other writers.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
Daisy: Usually she looks like she stepped out of a 1950s advert for apple pie, but currently she looks like the default feminine skin, Alex.

Daisy awoke with a headache.

The blurry sight of the blocky urban- no, the children's play place? - came into focus slowly. Daisy got dizzily to her feet and looked around. All around her, the grassy hill was constructed of perfectly square bricks. And the trees. And the...everything. Everything was constructed of blocks like-

Wasn't this...

Huh. What an odd thing to dream.

Daisy gazed out over the water at the world of Minecraft, a game she had only played once by the request of her excitable little nieces and nephews, who all had their own server and had relentlessly begged Daisy to join them.

However, Daisy had never been in an environment like this in game. This was the sort of thing she glimpsed as the default when the kids were playing over at her house. She had never played the default.

A dream from such a small sliver of memory was rather new to her.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Skull: An AU version of a canon character that I stole from Jonathan Stroud's Lockwood and Co. series and took some creative liberties with. At this point, he's been in a few roleplays on and off YWS, so he's used to randomly ending up in other worlds. For now, he'll look like Dabi from My Hero Academia—which is a world he's actually been to, courtesy of my irl friend's MHA character! I included a ref of him down below; just ignore the flames.

Rose W. Chase: A character I made for Twisted Wonderland, a Japanese video game where the MC's classmates at a magic school are teenage, anime versions of Disney villains and objects associated with them. Her Minecraft skin is a teenage girl with long black hair thrown up in a ponytail and dark pink eyes. She's currently wearing a simple black school uniform, but with long pants instead of a skirt.

Someone groaned next to Rose.

For a moment, she thought it was one of the VDC team's or Grim's. But the groan sounded deeper than any of theirs, and there was also the fact that she remembered being at the NRC last before falling asleep. She should have woken up on Earth—not on Twisted Wonderland.

Then she opened her eyes looked up.

She was laying on the grass underneath a towering tree that reached up towards the sky. When she reached a hand up, she saw she was wearing her uniform. It was weirdly simpler than it usually was. Maybe there had been a potion mishap? She couldn't remember spilling any potions—or even having any on her in the dorm—but it would explain things.

She sat up. A strand of long black hair fell in front of Rose's face. She blinked, stared, and then came to the realization that she must have used her unique magic again. Still, she should have remembered that. She shouldn't have been in a place she didn't recognize, either.

There was movement from beside her. She spun around, expecting to see one of the friends she knew she had been with. Instead, she saw a man with burned skin and a long, ominous trench coat. He would have fit in perfectly with the strange people she had met during her time at Night Raven College. He could have even been there as a special guest for the quickly approaching school festival.

But why was he here? Why was Rose here?

The man got to his feet and stretched.

"Who are you?" Rose asked. She got to her feet as well. "Are you here for the VDC?"

The man stared at her.

"The what?" he asked. He paused, reached a hand up to his throat, and thought. "Do you know who I am right now?"

That was a weird sentence. Rose looked him over. Maybe he was a shapeshifter of some kind? That seemed like a shapeshifter thing to say. "I don't know. Do you?"

The man smirked. "Maybe."

Well, that was helpful.

Out of the corner of her eye, Rose caught a glimpse of someone else. There was a redheaded woman wearing a simple green shirt not all that far from them right now. Something about her appearance just clicked in Rose's head, and she looked down at her simplified uniform as understanding dawned on her.

She was her Minecraft skin.
mage

queer and here.

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:56 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Chudnofsky Leonov Maliachisinsky, arguably the most difficult to pronounce name among my characters in the Alpha Pack. He's code name is Captain Fusion, a name that he isn't exactly fond of but he does go by it instead of his actual name on most occasions unless he knows the people he's talking to.

He is quite a friendly dude and can be quite chatty even with strangers so despite his looks he is a softie unless of course you anger him, if you ever do that...well...he's 367 years old and he was an assassin for 268 of those years. He's know the head of the special forces of an entire planet 75 years and counting. His powers will be nerfed though, poor guy...

And his Minecraft skin is going to be...well the one I use..so this is what he's going to look like...

Chud jumped to his feet in a flash. The moment he woke up he could sense something was wrong. For starters, he could smell grass and trees nearby. Those were a very rare commodity in any place he should be waking up in, not to mention it was all green, suggesting this was somewhere far off from the Hetridian Galaxy.

The second clue that something was terrible wrong came from the fact that his field of view appeared rather small. Some feeling around on his face revealed that it was covered in some strange blue vine not to mention, he could only feel one single eye. Inspecting the rest of his body revealed that he was covered in some kind of dark cyan cloth that was covering him from head to toe which had then being wrapped in strangle blue vines he didn't recognize.

He'd been through weird things before, he was one of The Alpha Pack after all. Harry and Vankous were very good at scheming up the weirdest of situations for them to get into, but this one took the cake.

That's when he spotted the others, and in particular someone dressed in an oddly familiar green shirt. Something clicked in his head, a passing remark that Harry had made, a strangle world they'd visited a couple of times: Minraftia.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:25 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Spoiler! :
Noah Taylor is about as average looking as you can get. He's slightly above average height, slim, with dark curls. His Minecraft skin is a pretty suave looking pirate captain that bears a striking resemblance to one Captain Jack Sparrow

Noah awoke to near darkness.

He rubbed his eyes slowly, recognising the familiar feeling of impending doom. It was the same feeling as when he tried to interact with anyone new, or do anything remotely out of his comfort zone.

But looking around, there was no real reason for this feeling. He was under the cover of a thick copse of trees, and for all he could tell he was completely alone. But where?

He certainly wasn't home, that much was for sure. There was nowhere with this amount of green in the city, the artificially made parks far too symmetrical and perfect.

Cautiously, Noah took a few paces forward, testing the ground beneath his feet. It seemed safe enough. He could see a gap in the trees ahead so he headed in that direction. The impending doom followed. Noah sped up, as though he could somehow outrun the feeling pressing down on his chest.

As he reached the edge of the trees he tripped over a root, legs tumbling over his head as he flipped dramatically, landing face first on the lush green grass below. Something fell over his eyes, obscuring his vision.

He reached out a miraculously unharmed hand, and pushed the offending item out of the way. As he did so, a familiar looking feather flopped down in front of him. The offending item was his own pirate hat.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:03 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

To quickly review: I was currently standing in a place I didn't recognize, looking like one of the villains from Nikko's world. This could have been one of the many power-related incidents I had gotten involved in there. It could have even been the result of my own powers going haywire. But all I heard was my own voice in my head, and my body wasn't peeking out from behind any of the nearby trees. Chances were that I wasn't possessing Dabi.

So then what was going on?

I scanned the clearing again.

There was the girl next to me wearing a school uniform. There was the guy who looked like was covered in vines; he would have really fit in with Nikko's world. Someone wearing a pirate outfit, too, and had just fallen flat on his face. The last person that caught my eye was a woman with orange hair and a familiar green shirt. Something about her rung a bell, but I couldn't figure out what that bell was.

Well, there was only one way to find out. Considering that the girl next to me had no idea who I was, I doubted I was on Nikko's world. I smirked—I could be me. No need to pretend to be Dabi yet.

I walked over to the woman.

"Are you okay?" I heard the girl ask from behind me. When I glanced over my shoulder, she was reaching a hand out to the guy who had tripped.

I turned my attention back to the woman.

"Hey," I said. "You wouldn't happen to know where we are right now, would you?"
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:45 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Daisy looked, puzzled, over at the man. "I'm...not entirely sure," she answered honestly. "Where are we?"

The man was horribly disfigured. Probably a bite victim who was treated too late. Poor guy.

he/they

4102 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:19 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Minraftia," whispered Chud to himself as it all suddenly clicked. How he'd gotten here was going to take some searching to find out, people didn't just randomly pop in here after all but with SCP 4335 and that one other time he'd been into this place often enough to recognize what it was. Not that he recognized this specific world though, he knew it changed everytime he visited and the layout looked completely different to his previous visits. He cursed his laziness to make a skin of his own. He'd chosen Harry's horribly disfigured abomination last time because it had been such a short visit and now he was paying the prize. This would take some getting used to.

He heard the one with the default skin and another one asking about where they were. It looked like they'd never been to this world before, or he supposed, probably never been here besides as a game. The differences weren't exactly easy to spot.

"Hi," he said, hoping his cheery tone would offset his appearance and not cause the other two to run away screaming. "You're in Minraftia...or umm...there's another name for it that they like to use in the light realm...Minecraft? Ring a bell?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

95 Reviews

Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:18 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Daisy furrowed her brow. "Like the game my nieces play?"

he/they

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:59 am
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Pyro (meaning fire, heat)
Characteristics: Very good at survival: (healing, hunting, hiding etc.)
Tough on the outside, soft on the inside.
Kind of like a mercenary
Highly trained assassin
Personality: Her mind is constantly on surviving and making it to see another day even at the expense of others. She never sticks around long enough to get to know anyone, is quite lonely but will never admit it. This is because of past trauma that never truly healed. Pyro has parents and siblings, and occasionally sends money to them since they are poor

The sun streamed through the trees above her and the air smelled of clean air and flowers. A cow moo'd in the distance. Pyro quickly assessed her situation. Despite the explosion, she was surprisingly unhurt. However, it seemed to have sent her to an entirely different dimension. The trees and grass were incredibly different from her own. Even the air smelled foreign. Behind her she heard voices. Had others been sent here from the same explosion? Pyro crept closer, they all looked and sounded very different. They must’ve been sent here from something else. They seemed harmless and just as confused as she. But she should still be careful. Pyro reached for where her knife would usually be. It wasn’t there! She realized that none of her things were on her. Despite this she took a deep breath and stepped out of the foliage.
“Hello. Do any of you know where we are?”

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:16 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Noah reached out a hand to the girl who had offered to help him, trying to retain as much dignity as possible which was hard given that his clothes were covered in dust and dirt.

"Thanks," he offered to the girl, who gave him a brief smile as he stood at last, staring around him like the others. He had no idea where they had all come from, but like him they were wearing all manner of costumes. If this was a dream it was definitely one of his weirdest yet.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"You're welcome," Rose said.

She copied him and glanced around at the others that had appeared in the forest. None of them looked familiar. The pit that had already been growing in Rose's stomach was starting to get even larger. She wasn't with anyone else from the NRC. She wasn't with Grim, or Ace, or Deuce, or Jack, or Mal.

That made sense, she guessed. This was Minecraft. As far as she knew, Twisted Wonderland didn't have that. If it did, her friends had never mentioned playing it.

She took a deep breath, fighting against her rising worry. If she was lucky, one of them would notice something had happened to her and would go running to someone who could help. Hopefully not Crowley; he would be useless-

There was a rustling in the woods behind her.

Rose turned.

xXx

Minecraft?

That named sounded familiar. It took a moment to realize why—it was one of the games that Nikko had back in her world, and one that I had gotten an account on with Mina's help. I had been planning on surprising Nikko with said account at some point, but had gotten too caught up in my own world's issues.

Dabi had been one of the skins I had picked out. Mina had said it was tacky, seeing that he was one of the villains there, but Nikko would have gotten the joke.

"I recognize the name," I said. I crossed my arms. "But that's supposed to be a game, not-"

I gestured at the area around us.

"-this." I frowned, looked around, and turned back to the guy covered in vines. "And wasn't Minecraft supposed to be blocky?"

"I think we're in Minecraft," the girl I had woken up near suddenly said from partway across the clearing. I turned back and saw her staring at something in the depths of the woods near her and the pirate kid. It took a moment for it to step out into the light.

When it did, all I felt was confusion.

It was a spider.

A giant, person-sized spider.
mage

queer and here.

4102 Reviews

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:09 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"The vast majority of living beings do believe this to be a simple game, yes," said Chud, nodding in agreement. "But there is no doubting it. This is Minecraft, the last time I was here the place was a little blocky, but clearly its changed over the years. That's not unheard of, especially since its been a while since I was last here. That spider over there proves it pretty well. Minecraft is one of the few places where spiders of that size thrive and the fact that is not attacking anyone immediately confirms it. In fact, let me see. The first thing to get in any minecraft world, real or otherwise is wood, so this tree."

Chud turned to size up the nearest tree. It looked pretty sturdy and was fairly tall for something in Minraftia but compared to the trees back on Hydrania it might as well have been a twig. He could probably snap it in half without too much trouble, but if things worked the way they did in Minecraft, he shouldn't be able to break it quite so easily.

Without warning, he stepped closer to the tree, readying his fist for a proper blow. In one swift move, he whacked into the tree with all the strength he could muster. A couple of feathery cracks spread across its surface, barely visible, but it did not break.

"Oh this is Minecraft all right, if it wasn't that tree should have gone flying," he said, turning to the others.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:51 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

Pyro’s brother used to constantly play this game. She remembered watching him for hours playing with his friends. She may not have ever played herself before, but she wasn’t at a complete loss when it came to this game.
Pyro watched in surprise as Chud swung his arm at the tree. She couldn’t tell if Chud was just plain stupid or had amazing self-confidence. Either way, he looked ridiculous. That’s when she heard the hisssss behind her. Though she wouldn’t admit it, she did kind of jump. The spider was the same size as her, noot including the legs. It was a little more terrifying now that she was looking at it in real life (was this actually real life or was this a dream?) But the way the little guy was looking at her bypassed all her walls and straight into her heart.
“Hey little guy how are you?”
She tentatively walked towards it and reached out a hand.
“I’m not gonna hurt you.”
Pyro gently stroked it’s head. It quietly hissed in return.

"The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening