A Bad Bar Joke

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas blinked.

They hadn't been here that long, had they? When did she have time to get that? And where had she gotten that from?

"...Thank you?" he hesitantly replied.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:21 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"Of course. Let me know whenever you need more and ill get it to you." She involuntarily yawns, then looks out the window towards the front of the ship. "It's getting late. I'm going to head to bed. You sleep well." and with that she leaves, politely waving goodbye as she shuts the door to Orvin's room.

and the camera pans over to a grown man placing 7 sugar cubes in his teacup.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas, unfortunately, was too caught up in staring at the pint of blood to notice that Orvin had put a ridiculous amount of sugar in his cup. Lucas still felt uneasy about drinking the blood, but he also really did want some tea...

He took a deep breath and grabbed the bottle.

Uncorking the bottle, he carefully tipped some of it into his mouth. It was a hesitant gesture. The moment the blood touched his tongue, however, Lucas quickly realized how good it tasted. He downed it all in one big gulp, and only became aware of how quickly he had drank it afterwards. He hadn't ever had blood that tasted so good. It felt refreshing in a way that blood normally didn't-

He stared down at the empty glass.

That...That couldn't have been human blood, right? Because Lucas had never had human blood before and had always assumed it would taste delicious, but hadn't wanted to go that far. He took in another deep breath, but this one was much shakier than before.

He placed the glass down and scooted far away from it.

What was going to happen to him now? Being a vampire hadn't been all that different than being a human so far, but what if human blood made things different? What if he became less of a person somehow, or just couldn't stop himself from wanting more and more and more-

He pulled his legs up onto the bed again, this time resting his elbows against his knees as he held his head in his hands.
mage

queer and here.

Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:58 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin looks over the rim of his teacup, realizing Lucas placing his head in his hands. A glance at the bottle proves he's drank it. Has he not had human blood before? Other vampires have had reactions regarding its taste, and their body is more designed to process it, so it can be a bit overwhelming if they've only ever had the blood of livestock.

"Lucas," He says, reaching a hand to his end of the table. "Are you okay?"
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I'm..." he said, and he wanted to say that he was fine, but he couldn't get the words out. He couldn't get the lie out. He wasn't fine. He also didn't even know if he could tell Orvin that—Orvin hadn't even blinked at the sudden appearance of the blood or Lucas's request. He probably wouldn't understand the moral dilemma.

(Which, when Lucas thought about it in the very back of his mind, didn't make any sense. Why was there human blood ready to give to a vampire, and why would Orvin be so okay with it?)
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:07 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin places the teacup down entirely, sliding his chair closer to Lucas'. He should've asked what Lucas had been drinking prior. Now, he was worried his new companion might be having a panic attack.

"Lucas. How can I help?" Orvin rested his hand next to Lucas', knowing many people didnt enjoy physical touch when in a dire mental state, but wanting to make clear the offer was there.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas didn't move to grab onto the offered hand. He might have, if he had realized it was there and had known Orvin better, but the hand didn't even register as something in his immediate area.

"Was...was that human blood?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:24 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"Yes. Orthella keeps some around. We have friends and acquaintances everywhere. Some happen to be vampires. I can promise you Its obtained morally. We pay for it from willing participants. I can't provide details myself, but I'm sure Orthella could walk you through it in the morning if you'd like."
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas raised his head.

"You..." he started to say, but he was still processing everything that Orvin had just revealed. Orvin knew other vampires. Orvin got blood for those vampires, and the blood was obtained in a moral, just way. If Lucas wanted, he could get the story on how it was obtained, but he was more focused on the fact that Orvin knew other vampires to begin with.

"You know other vampires?" Lucas asked, voice still soft.
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:32 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin smiled shyly, reaching for his tea to sip, his nerves starting to get the best of him. "Myself, my ship and my crew are well known, especially to other sea-dwellers and small island communities. Sea-side towns as well. When you run in circles like that, you're bound to meet some interesting folk." It was the truth, just not all of it. He took a sip of his tea, smacking his lips and slipping two more sugar cubes into it.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas's eyes widened at that.

"Could I meet them?" Lucas asked, oh-so-hesitantly. He didn't want to think about what he would do if Orvin said no. "The other vampires you know?"
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:40 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin hesitates. "Yes. We're staying on the sea for a few days though. It would be unwise to dock anywhere nearby until the search for Archie dies down just a little. After that though, I'm sure we could arrange something."
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

All of the tension left Lucas then. He dropped his legs so his feet touched the floor on the other side of the bed.

"I didn't think I'd ever get to meet other vampires," Lucas said, still in shock. Not in a traumatic kind of way, but in a euphoric one. "I thought I'd always just be by myself."
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:51 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"it's an addictive feeling. Meeting people you can relate to." He chooses his words carefully, trying to come off as merely an educated person, rather than someones who's experienced and lived a similar reality.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas looked over at Orvin. It sounded like he was speaking from experience.

"Oh," he said. "Are you..."

He hesitated, not sure if it would be rude to ask or not.
mage

queer and here.

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix