z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:02 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed snorted a laugh and took a sip of their poison. "An undereducated shifter, I see." That narrowed it down. Most of the layers with magic had some understanding of how that magic worked, and that there were other layers, dimensions, whatever. If this guy didn't he probably came from somewhere where that wasn't quite common knowledge.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:33 am
View Likes
yosh says...

Shifter? Uneducated shifter? That didn't sound very right to Amoku.

"What's that supposed to mean? Uh, all the other dra-- humans where I live can turn into different things."
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:37 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"That makes you a shapeshifter," Greed said slowly, like they were talking to a child. "You're not the brightest crayon in the box, now are you?"

They were starting to itch for some excitement. Something, anything, would do.

he/they

129 Reviews

Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:47 am
View Likes
yosh says...

"Shape shifter . . . Hmm," said Amoku, turning to the bartender, "So. What do you have here?"

so i took another nap

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harry exchanged a look with Jennifer. "Did we just..."

"Get totally ignored? Yes," agreed Jennifer.

"Fine, let's just, do something else I guess," said Harry.

"Like what?" asked Jennifer. "Dance?"

"Bad idea," said Harry.

"Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking," said Jennifer, shaking here head.

"Hmm...let's see if there's something to eat maybe," said Harry, "or maybe leave, I don't know."

"Umm, I think we shouldn't leave just yet, there's still plenty of time, let's just find something to do. Eating something is a good start."

"Perfect," said Harry, stepping away.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:24 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

When various others had gathered around the small boy, Zillah had back up, leaning against the wall. Her eyes darting round from the shadows,observing the situation. Elem was obviously not comfortable with the attention. Thought he seemed to lighten up a tad bit when the other winged girl had showed up. She was debating wether to go, or to stay and hid in the shadows, when something, or rather someone, appeared, a few seats away.

Zillah blinked. Eyes registering the bring yellow and red robes. This was interesting.
She titled her head to the side slightly. Allowing herself to hear the conversation between the bartender, and the strange individual whose, name she figured out was Greed.

A word drifted her way, Shapeshifter, even more interesting.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

129 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:14 am
View Likes
yosh says...

"What do you want?" asked the bartender.

Amoku shrugged and pointed at the green haired human's beverage, "What's that?"

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Elem froze.

His euphoria over the discovery of apple juice and how good it tasted started to fade. It was information he didn't usually share - it led to people asking too many questions and looking too closely. He wouldn't be able to keep the lie about his age up much longer, and he was terrified to think of what would happen when someone finally saw through it.

"I'm nine," he whispered, quiet again. "And I'm from the capitol."

A few feet away, the bartender - oblivious to Elem's plight - replied with, "Poison."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:45 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

It took Amoku a few seconds to realize that the bartender was not joking.

"Uhhhh . . . I definitely don't want that," he replied, "How about surprise me?"

so i took another nap

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:54 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Glena slammed the ball down again, this time asking for potato chips. Her request was fulfilled, and she started to munch on them.

"Wow, you're young. I'm 13! Which capitol are you from?"
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

95 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:46 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed chuckled and took another sip of their poison. “You want a surprise at a bar that serves poison?” they asked in amusement.

he/they

129 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:11 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

"Well, I suppose a little burning wouldn't hurt. The only thing I've been drinking for the past few centuries is water and diluted mango juice. But that was only for my birthday. Hey, that reminds me," he turned back to the bartender, "Got any diluted mango juice? Human blood? Pine syrup?"

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:21 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed rolled their eyes. "So you're immortal? Or is it just an extended lifespan or whatever?"

The human lifespan was typically consistent, or 'standard', throughout every layer. A deviation was of mild interest.

More interesting than whatever Envy was brewing up in Hell.

he/they

129 Reviews

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:42 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Amoku never thought about his lifespan much. He knew that dragons would die, but not from old age.

"How about a . . . really extended lifespan? I don't really know if I'm immortal or not. I mean, I can die," shrugged Amoku, "If that helps."

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
After much deliberation, I finally decided on who else I wanted to add to this roleplay! I'm technically adding two characters, but they're a package deal. You can read more about them over in their CP, but here's a quick rundown on them:

Antonia "Tony/West" Westerfield: She has short, black hair with two white streaks in it, as well as dark eyes that border on black. She's almost always seen wearing a black hoodie, as well as a pair of jeans and sneakers. When she (rarely) takes her hoodie off, it's revealed that she's wearing a slightly too large graphic t-shirt that she probably got from Hot Topic.

Tony's not that tall, and definitely that muscular. But something about the shape of her face, the length of her hair and the outfits she picks make most people think that she's a guy. Her nickname doesn't really help, either.

Asterux: No one besides Tony can hear him, but he currently communicates with her through a Game Boy necklace Tony's wearing around her neck right now.

Elem jumped at the sound of the ball slamming against the counter, but he didn't address the noise. He just ducked his head back down and stared at his glass.

"Um," he softly said as a placeholder, not quite sure why she was asking the question, "...the capitol? I didn't know there were multiple ones."

~x~

As the dragon and sin spoke, the bartender consulted the drinks she had behind the counter. There wasn't really a limit to the drinks at The Tavern. As long as it could be drunk by some hypothetical person or species, the drink would be present. Mango juice, human blood and pine syrup were all at the bartender's fingertips.

She grabbed the mango juice, diluted it with some water, and slid the drink across the counter to the shapeshifting dragon.

"We have everything you requested," the bartender said, "but I thought you would like a cup of refreshing mango juice."

~x~

It had been a long, tiring day - and Tony was desperately in need of a break. School was bad enough on its own, but Rux had insisted that they do some patrolling before she returned home. All that Tony really wanted to do was go home, knock out her homework, and then curl up in bed with a good web comic.

But duty called.

It was only after they had been marching around town for a good hour without running into any of the other magical girls that Tony finally had enough.

"Come on," she said, resting on the hilt of her sword. "We've looked everywhere for them. The least we can do is relax and stop by the cafe down the street."

We need to do more patrolling, Rux insisted.

Tony hm-ed.

"They're not here right now," she pointed out.

They might show up-Wait, where are you-

"A nice, cool glass of lemonade is calling my name," she said, popping into the alleyway that she had dropped her backpack off in. One magical girl transformation later, and Tony was dressed in the perfect clothes for a quick trip to the cafe.

Rux just groaned in her head.

Without letting him argue, Tony headed off to the cafe. It was only when she took a step inside the building and let the door shut behind her that she realized something was off.

That a lot of things were off.

Tony stared.

Rux probably was staring through her necklace, too.

"Toto," Tony said, "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

...I'm not going to even ask what that was a reference to.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci