Daybreak

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:13 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

ShadowQueen wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:"Busy... That's all right, of course," Jay said, nodding understandingly. "Is everything alright for you three, though?" Something about the say she'd said that had made him a little nervous.

Yamren nodded quickly. "Y-yeah, everything's fine." She paused for a second. "Yeah. Just fine. Anyway! Are we gonna... get moving?"

Ruby and Jay exchanged a glance, and it seemed like they were having a brief, silent conversation for a moment, just between the two of them. Finally, they both nodded slowly, looking back at Yamren. Whether they were convinced or not was unclear from the looks on their faces. "Alright," Ruby said slowly, turning back in the direction of the small stone hut. "Well, I guess we can see her now."

Yamren nodded and gestured for them to go ahead of her.
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:34 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ChamomilePendragon wrote:Yamren nodded and gestured for them to go ahead of her.

Less than a half mile ahead, a bit outside the forest and a distance from the outskirts of the village, the little stone shack with its peaked thatched roof sat quietly just as it had been before, except that one of the shutters was open this afternoon on the left. It was daylight, but the warm, faint glow of a fire was becoming visible from inside.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:44 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Stringbean wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:Yamren nodded and gestured for them to go ahead of her.

Less than a half mile ahead, a bit outside the forest and a distance from the outskirts of the village, the little stone shack with its peaked thatched roof sat quietly just as it had been before, except that one of the shutters was open this afternoon on the left. It was daylight, but the warm, faint glow of a fire was becoming visible from inside.

The group made their way over to the small dwelling. After they got there, Jay knocked on the front door with a irregular, funky rhythm. Ruby smiled gently at Yamren, not sure if the young woman was really fine or happy.

13 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:14 am
View Likes

ShadowQueen wrote:
Stringbean wrote:

The group made their way over to the small dwelling. After they got there, Jay knocked on the front door with a irregular, funky rhythm. Ruby smiled gently at Yamren, not sure if the young woman was really fine or happy.

Yamren had stuffed her hands into her pockets and was staring off into space, a mildly worried expression on her face - although, to be fair, "mildly worried" was her face's natural state - but when she caught Ruby smiling at her, she smiled back.

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:38 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ChamomilePendragon wrote:Yamren had stuffed her hands into her pockets and was staring off into space, a mildly worried expression on her face - although, to be fair, "mildly worried" was her face's natural state - but when she caught Ruby smiling at her, she smiled back.

"Who is it?" Evelyn's voice carried out the window from somewhere inside the small shack with a hint of defensiveness.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

135 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:41 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Stringbean wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:Yamren had stuffed her hands into her pockets and was staring off into space, a mildly worried expression on her face - although, to be fair, "mildly worried" was her face's natural state - but when she caught Ruby smiling at her, she smiled back.

"Who is it?" Evelyn's voice carried out the window from somewhere inside the small shack with a hint of defensiveness.

"It's just a routine checkup," Ruby called back gently. "But I brought Yamren and Jay along too-- if that's alright?"
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

37 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:56 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ShadowQueen wrote:"It's just a routine checkup," Ruby called back gently. "But I brought Yamren and Jay along too-- if that's alright?"

There was a brief pause. "Yeah... Yeah it's open!"
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

135 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:01 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Stringbean wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:"It's just a routine checkup," Ruby called back gently. "But I brought Yamren and Jay along too-- if that's alright?"

Ruby opened the door, stepping inside first, while Jay waited for Yamren outside. The nurse smiled at Evelyn, setting down her medical kit. "How are you feeling?"

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

37 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:09 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ShadowQueen wrote:
Stringbean wrote:

Ruby opened the door, stepping inside first, while Jay waited for Yamren outside. The nurse smiled at Evelyn, setting down her medical kit. "How are you feeling?"

The young woman was sitting in one of the old stick chairs in front of the quietly snapping fireplace. Her amber eyes flicked up to Ruby's face a second, mimicking the form of her smile. She shifted slightly in her seat with a shrug of one shoulder. "Fine."
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

135 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:22 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Stringbean wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:
Stringbean wrote:There was a brief pause. "Yeah... Yeah it's open!"

The young woman was sitting in one of the old stick chairs in front of the quietly snapping fireplace. Her amber eyes flicked up to Ruby's face a second, mimicking the form of her smile. She shifted slightly in her seat with a shrug of one shoulder. "Fine."

"There might be some swelling right now around your broken ribs," the nurse said, searching through the pack. "I know it's rather painful, but inflammation is actually part of the natural process of healing..." She looked up, giving the young woman a sympathetic look.

silver (she/they)

37 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:10 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ShadowQueen wrote:"There might be some swelling right now around your broken ribs," the nurse said, searching through the pack. "I know it's rather painful, but inflammation is actually part of the natural process of healing..." She looked up, giving the young woman a sympathetic look.

Evelyn averted her eyes and nodded, remembering what Ruby had said the first day about peak inflammatory period and waking up this morning knowing she was in it. She gingerly pulled the dark gray blanket laying across her lap up to her stomach a little closer. "What do you need to do?"
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:48 pm
View Likes

Stringbean wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:"There might be some swelling right now around your broken ribs," the nurse said, searching through the pack. "I know it's rather painful, but inflammation is actually part of the natural process of healing..." She looked up, giving the young woman a sympathetic look.

Evelyn averted her eyes and nodded, remembering what Ruby had said the first day about peak inflammatory period and waking up this morning knowing she was in it. She gingerly pulled the dark gray blanket laying across her lap up to her stomach a little closer. "What do you need to do?"

Yamren had quietly followed Ruby into the house and was now just sort of hanging out in a corner, watching Ruby do her thing.

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

135 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:56 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

ChamomilePendragon wrote:
Stringbean wrote:Evelyn averted her eyes and nodded, remembering what Ruby had said the first day about peak inflammatory period and waking up this morning knowing she was in it. She gingerly pulled the dark gray blanket laying across her lap up to her stomach a little closer. "What do you need to do?"

Yamren had quietly followed Ruby into the house and was now just sort of hanging out in a corner, watching Ruby do her thing.
Stringbean wrote:

Ruby sighed, pulling another ice pack out of her bag-- which Evelyn must have been seeing a lot of recently. "Generally, we let broken ribs heal on their own, and treat the pain," she said, as Jay entered behind Yamren. "But since we don't have proper pain medication, we've got to use other things." She wrapped up the ice and passed it to her patient. "I'll try to find some natural painkillers."

silver (she/they)

37 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:17 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ShadowQueen wrote:Ruby sighed, pulling another ice pack out of her bag-- which Evelyn must have been seeing a lot of recently. "Generally, we let broken ribs heal on their own, and treat the pain," she said, as Jay entered behind Yamren. "But since we don't have proper pain medication, we've got to use other things." She wrapped up the ice and passed it to her patient. "I'll try to find some natural painkillers."

Evelyn took the icepack and nodded, pressing it gently to her ribs with the edge of her blanket. Finally she glanced up at Jay and who she assumed was Kamea as they came in, giving them both a small smile.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

135 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:21 pm
SilverNight says...

Stringbean wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:Ruby sighed, pulling another ice pack out of her bag-- which Evelyn must have been seeing a lot of recently. "Generally, we let broken ribs heal on their own, and treat the pain," she said, as Jay entered behind Yamren. "But since we don't have proper pain medication, we've got to use other things." She wrapped up the ice and passed it to her patient. "I'll try to find some natural painkillers."

Evelyn took the icepack and nodded, pressing it gently to her ribs with the edge of her blanket. Finally she glanced up at Jay and who she assumed was Kamea as they came in, giving them both a small smile.

Jay gave her a friendly wave as Ruby examined the inflammation. "How's the pet squirrel doing? Is it still around?" he joked.

silver (she/they)

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness