Young Writers Society

Charming Acres

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It was Quinn who noticed Summer fainting first. She didn't know much about Summer, and she knew even less of what to do when someone fainted. She rushed over to Summer's side, grateful that the other girl hadn't hit anything dangerous when she fell.

"Issac?" she called out. "Summer just fainted."

Issac appeared beside her. A second later, Gabriel did, too.

"What are you supposed to do when someone faints?" Quinn asked. She didn't want to even touch Summer unless she was sure it wouldn't somehow hurt her.

Gabriel and Issac exchanged confused looks.

They knew more about the world than she did, but she was starting to suspect that they didn't know a thing about what to do in a situation like this. She turned to look at Harper and Adam instead.

"Summer just fainted," she repeated. "And I don't know what to do."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:32 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper was about to answer Adam when she heard Quinn calling to her. Immediately, Harper was at Summer's side, putting the back of her hand to her forehead.

"We should bring her somewhere more out of the way," she said, her usual carefree tone becoming just slightly more serious, "If someone can get a paper towel or a washcloth or something and get it damp with some cold water, that would be helpful. When she wakes up she should get something to drink as well." The girl hadn't been drunk or anything as far as Harper knew, so this was a little out of her usual experience, but she figured the usual solutions would apply since the symptoms were the same.

She shook her head. Her thoughts were starting to sound like her mother.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:20 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Adam froze, suddenly feeling unhelpful. If his wife was here, she could probably make the poor girl feel much more comfortable. Still, he sprinted back into the diner, and talked the waiters into giving him water.

He ran back with the glass. "Here," he told the others. "I can get more if and when she needs it."

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:57 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper took the glass and put it on the ground beside the unconscious girl. "Thanks," she said to Adam, keeping her eyes on the girl.

She didn't have a cloth, so she just sprinkled some water on her forehead, trying to figure out if she should turn her on her side. She hadn't passed out for alcohol-related reasons, so Harper didn't think it was really necessary.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:10 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@AmazingAeris, do you want to post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins