z

Young Writers Society

From Beneath a Library

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:13 am
View Likes
Pan says...

"You don't know who Bill Murray is?" Ezra exclaimed, stepping closer to the man in question, who looked equally as confused as they all seemed to be.
She watched Sebastian get closer, and then poke the celebrity in the arm.

"Hey!" She said, grabbing the brunette's hand gently. "He's an actor, a celebrity. Ghostbusters is a sci-fi film from the 80s, following these scientists who pretty much hunt ghosts. There's a portal to another dimension and something about demons..." She waved her hands throughout her explanation. "You've seriously never seen it?" When Sebastian still loomed confused, she sang part of the theme song. "When there's somethin' strange, in your neighborhood... Who ya gonna call?"
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"...Bill Mu-ray?" he hesitantly answered, not entirely sure if that was what she was actually looking for. It sounded like she was singing, but also like she was posing a question. He wasn't entirely sure what to make of that, but he did understand another part of what had been said.

He turned back to the strange man.

"Can you open the portal?" he asked, his tone entirely serious.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:05 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

It was a tense few seconds while the Spirit tried to remember if these humanoid forms were solid or not. Sebastian was poking at Spengler's arm and it feared the scientist would vaporize at any moment.
That was something it needed to update in the building plans next time.

The Spirit quickly switched to the body of Peter Venkman, jumping about the best it could in a Bill Murray fashion, shouting "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!", and pushed the characters out of the room as quickly as possible.

Those three weren't exactly cooperating. Ray Stantz had a lacking energy, tumbling to the ground and being trampled for a few moments by the reckless ghosts the Spirit had summoned. These ghosts were so uncoordinated in their movements - nothing that would happen in the Spirit's home town.

It was at this moment of escape that the Spirit realized it had summoned Carter Lincoln - the very witch that had trapped it in the Main Street movie theater in the first place.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He stared after the group as they left.

"Human sacrifice, animals living together and mass hysteria couldn't open a portal," he slowly said. He kept staring at where they had been standing, his mind struggling to comprehend what had just been said. Human sacrifice, he supposed, was bad, even though his master had been quite fond of it before the humans had chosen to rebel against her. Mass hysteria also had its drawbacks. But cats and dogs living together sounded relatively good compared to the rest of them, so why was it included in the list?

...Then again, human sacrifice, might have been the answer...

He turned back to the people who were still near him.

"...How do you sacrifice a human?" he asked.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:27 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper's eyes lit up, "He quoted the movie, he doesn't mean that we're supposed to sacrifice anyone. But if we do have to, it depends on the ritual. See, it's really interesting, it's generally good practice to make sure that you have the correct color candles for what effect you want to have, and the right symbols." She shrugged, bouncing a little with access energy even after chirping out her mini-tutorial.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He gave a solemn nod.

"If I wanted to open a portal to the dimension with the demons, what color candles and what language should I use?" he asked. His tone was still entirely serious - he seemed to have forgotten that he was surrounded by a group he presumed were humans, and that if he wanted to do things quickly, they'd be the first humans he'd sacrifice.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:52 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper thought for a minute, "Well, white candles are always a good bet. When in doubt, go white, is what I always say. Black candles absorb negative energy, but if you carve a reversal sigil onto the base of the candle before you cast, in theory, it should have the opposite effect. Um..." she looped her thumbs under the straps of her backpack, pushing them out as she thought, "It really depends on the spell. A lot of the time the instructions for the ritual will have the color candles you should use listed. So I'd have to see a specific spell, unless you plan to write one yourself?" She asked that excitedly as she practically jogged in place with an excess of energy.

he/they

70 Reviews

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 pm
View Likes
Pan says...

Ezra blinked at the weirdos talking about human sacrifice and then shuddered. "Yeah I don't know about none of that, but I watched like 5 episodes of Supernatural and I think we can kill ghosts with some salt-capsule bullets or something."
I AM THE PAN.
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He missed both the shudder and the response - his focus instead shifting to the nearest bookshelf. The organization methods here were unfamiliar, but he would eventually find what he was now looking for. It would just time and effort.

"I need to learn how to write a spell," he said. Somewhere, a part of him knew it wasn't as simple as opening a portal to a demonic dimension, but the other part of him hoped that all it would take was an apparent human sacrifice. Humans were easy enough to come by. He still remembered what his master had taught him - albeit indirectly.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:36 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper perked up again and swung her backpack around to the side as she spoke, "Oh! I have my grimoire with me," she said, bubbly as ever as she pulled out a leatherbound book that could only be properly described as a tome, with red covers, black straps, and a strange symbol carved onto the front, "I've got a whole bunch of spells in here. If you want, I could help you combine elements from a bunch of them and create a new spell. It's what my, uh, group and I do." She grinned, clutching the book to her chest.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He nodded. Though he didn't entirely understand what she was talking about, he assumed it was a good way to discover the spell he needed. She could provide the guidance he was in desperate need of.
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 1
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:16 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

"lads and lases we need to gather intel on this...subject....so we are gonna read any of these books that could help us." silver would grab a book and start reading
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

70 Reviews

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:52 pm
View Likes
Pan says...

Ez pulled her phone out, and tried to browse the intrrnet for answers, only to find that it was completely dead. "This doesn't make sense," she grew irritated at the poor battery life the device had. "It was at like 98% before I got here. This blows."
I AM THE PAN.
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

Reviews: 1
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Silver would look up and carefully look at everyone closely stopping at Ezra "Lassie?" silver ran over to her "what are ye doing here? Where is ye friends u said ye were with?" Silver would look around for Ezra's friends but would see no sign of them
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:42 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Carter could feel the energy of something else in the room. Something that was dark enough to be sorta evil but nothing too demonic. Probably just some teenage ghoul that got tired of lighting up cigarettes and throwing them at the audience below the projections office.

Paul was meanwhile distracted by the vast amount of books. And Carter gave the magician a sideways glare every chance he could. Someone else had just materialized out of thin air, clearly very confused and somewhat Scottish - two things that didn’t mix together.

Firing a shot into the air, Carter announced, “Howdy. I’m Deputy Sheriff Lincoln and this is my partner, Dr. Lincoln. What we have here is a failure to communicate.”

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle