z

Young Writers Society

Two Worlds Come Together

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:26 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

The tall boy in the mask seemed to not mind, "Very well." He let out a loud whistle from out from under the mask. "I'm impressed, I've never seed someone tap into their magic side so fast." He folded his arms. The sound of wings beating could be heard from above the trees, when a large dragon landed in the clearing behind him, it's black scales radiating the suns light.

Luna's eyes widened under her mask, she let out a small gasp before getting a hold of her self and sending tendrils of magic towards Kartiel and the boy, the back mass wrapped it's self around both boys.

"No! Stop both of you!" She yelled hoping to get through to Kartiel in his enraged state. She then looked at the other boy. "Thomas we don't want to heart our guests."

The said boy nodded. "Fine." The magic that had made it's way around began to seep back into Luna's hands.

Luna then turned to look at Kartiel, Livvie and Jason.
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:25 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Thomas? Who is this!?" Jason snapped, glaring at Luna and sending a dirty look towards the newcomer.

Livvie was still in awe. "This is awesome." she stepped near the dragon, wanting to stroke it's scales. She looked at Kartiel, who had grown claws, scales, and longer hair. She blinked at him then a grin spread across her face.

Jason pulled her back. "You don't know what that thing can do." he warned.

"Oh forget it, Jay. Look at hiw beautiful it is! He or she?" she asked Thomas eagerly, pulling away from Jason.
*insert quirky signature here*

616 Reviews

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:57 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Thoma's sighed. "Forgive me, I thought you were intruders." He gave a small bow. When he stood up he patted his dragons snout.
The dragon let out a small low growl it's crimson eyes closing.
"This is Shadow," Thoma's began to explain as he reached out for Livvie's hand. "His very friendly if no harm comes to me." He lightly pulled Livvie towards Shadow's snout. The large dragon now had it's eyes open, and was now watching Livvie.

Luna shook her head. "Well I guess that little surprise is out of the bag." She crossed her arms over her chest, then looked to Thomas. "This is Thomas his one of my closest friends from were I'm from. You see the reason he attacked is because my world and anther's isn't what you would say at peace, and they have been trying to destroy us for sometime now, so everyone is a little on edge."

Thomas quickly looked over to Jason, seeing the poor boy was tense. "Relax, he will not attack unless I tell him to, or if harm comes to me. So you are very much safe." Thomas reached out and grabbed Jason's hand with his other one. "He wont bite, promise."
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:11 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Jason let out a snort, and shoved Thomas away. "He won't bite." he mimicked rudely, watching Livvie cautiously.

"Hi, Shadow." she beamed, stroking the dragon softly.

"Why are the others trying to destroy you? Seems like they haven't been taught manners." she added jokingly.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:15 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He let his magic fade when he realized Thomas wasn't a threat.

He took a step forward, standing before Shadow with an extended hand. It was how someone might handle a pet that hadn't met them before - it wasn't that Kartiel was scared of the dragon, but more that he was trying to respect Shadow's personal space and prevent any possible fear the dragon might have toward him.

"Hi," he softly said. "You're the first dragon I've seen in a long time."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:21 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Shadow bowed his head in greeting, his crimson eyes analyzing Kartiel. "Greetings human." He hissed out in a raspy voice, pressing his snout into Kartiel's hand. "Indeed I maybe the first fire breathing reptile you have ever seen, but I am not the last." He cracked a small chuckle.

Luna stood there waiting for the reactions and maybe yelling about to come.
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:40 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Jason cursed. "Someone pinch me."

Livvie did so, and he winced. "This is for real, Jay." she whispered, gawking at the dragon.

"You talk?" she asked Shadow cautiously, "And laugh?"

616 Reviews

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:58 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Shadow put his attention on Livvie and Jason. "Indeed I do." He stood up and walked over to Jason. A large black wing shielding him. "In fact I see a frail heart inside of this child, perhaps pain." Shadow hissed, "That will ether get him in trouble if not fixed, or make him a great warrior one day, only time will tell."

Shadow moved onto Livvie, "Now this is one I don't see very often, kindness, and more importantly joy." The dragon let out a small laugh. "I'm not sure were that will get you later on young lady, but I am sure it will be rewording."

Shadow then moved onto look at Kartiel. "Now this is interesting. I can't tell what you are, only that you have a great power, that could be of some use." Sitting down Shadow began to canalize his talons.

Thomas scratched the back of his head. "Uh haha, sorry about that, I have know idea why he has to do that when knew people show up."
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He blinked when he heard Shadow speak.

It took him a few moments to finally collect himself and say something - and it was notably after Shadow addressed him again. "What I am is a little complicated," he admitted. "In my previous life, I was the son of a god and an enderman. In this life, I'm a human with remnants of my old life hanging on."

He gave a smile.

"You're actually not the first dragon I've met," he said, "and not the first one who spoke, either. My dad's people - the endermen - always had a good relationship with the dragons of our realm. Some were just a little more talkative than others."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Talkative." Livvie smirked, reaching up to tap one of Shadow's scales. After a moment of silence, she decided to speak up.

"Anyways," she looked at the other, eyes shining, "are we ready to go to Luna and Thomas's world? We need to prove to Jason here, that magic is real, and we need to close the portals of your world to ours so that no one gets hurt." she smiled.

"Magic killed my sister, and I'll do whatever I can to stay away from it, and keep you," - Jason shot a look at Livvie - "away from the dangerous stuff." he snapped.

Livvie rolled her eyes. Then looked at Luna and Thomas patiently, waiting for a reply. A positive one, hopefully.

616 Reviews

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:29 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Shadow chuckled. "Uh yes that is why I didn't know what you are, you have two lives connected to one. There for it's harder to read." He then lay down, curling his tail around himself. "You could say I'm the wiser breed of dragon, that is why... as you put it am not talkative."

Thomas looked over at Jason, the mask still covering his face. "Yes, there are many that use their magic for evil, and getting what why want out of the world. But Lu and I are trying to stop that. Our magic is only for the good of the world."

Luna nodded, "I didn't mention this before, But Jason the leader of our Village has the power to grant you one wish, it can be anything. So you can even wish for your sister back." Luna looked down at the floor, not wanting to see the look that comes across Jason's face.
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:16 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He felt a weight in his gut.

Something in the back of his mind told him magic like that had to come at the price, but all that Kartiel let himself see was the opportunity. If he got his hands on a wish, he could...

Well, he could win a war.

He could give himself power. He could give himself wealth. He could just wish away all of the conflict and return to his role as the End's ruler - or even put someone else in place, if he knew they'd do their job.

"Can the leader only grant one wish?" he asked, turning to Luna. His voice was eerily quiet.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:09 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Jason got startled. "Ellie?" he whispered, picking at his hair, thinking.

Livvie and Jason's minds raced with thoughts - both the same. One wish? Any wish? Even bring the dead back? Even if someone asked for a perfect life and happiness, would that be granted?

"W-wish?" Livvie stuttered. "Any wish? If we all asked for one wish each, will... they all be granted?"

She waited expectantly for a reply.

If the answer was yes, then she finally had something to think about for the rest of the journey. If the answer was no... well, Livvie didn't know what to think.

616 Reviews

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:09 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna looked over at Kartiel, then just simply nodded. "Yeah, but they will...how do I put it...?"

Thomas jumped in finishing what she was having trouble saying. "They will only give you the wish if it brings good, it's it bad, like wanting to take over a nation something like that, they will refuse."

Luna nodded then turned to Livvie and Jason. "They will all be granted." Luna walked over to Jason and put a hand on his shoulder. "I know it's hard for you to except magic because of what it took away from you. But we can bring your sister back...just something for you to think about." she then walked away towards Shadow, greeting the dragon in a whisper.
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He was unfazed by the response.

"What if it's good for the majority, but bad for a small group of outliers?" he asked. He kept his gaze on Thomas - it was Thomas who had given him the answer that he needed before, and Luna was talking with Livvie and Jason. "If those outliers are bad people, is it still 'bad' to wish for a nation they unlawfully rule?"
mage

queer and here.

If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates