z

Young Writers Society

Tavern of Heroes

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:07 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

In a far away land, there is a tavern that accepts any and all races, diverities, and species inside. There are dragons, ogres, humans, demons, faeries, and even the Grim Reaper sometimes drops in for a drink. They serve drinks for all ages, including a state-of-the-art menu for food, cocktails, and all things possible.

(I will be three people: the Grim Reaper, the main bartender, and another, quiet customer that has a lot of snide comments).

When you enter through the front door, the bar is immediately to the front of you with candles hung right above it. The room is crowded with tables and chairs except for a path through the middle to allow easy access to the bar. To the left and right of the door are menus, as well as a sign that says "You Don't Really Need This. We Can Make Everything You Want." Outside, dragons and bigger creatures sit and eat and do their bar thing, occasionally popping into the hole in the ceiling to talk to human/smaller customers. When it rains, glass covers the ceiling (outside creatures rarely come on rainy days anyway). Overall, it is a friendly place, but fights break out.

Regulars know that it is never a good idea to break out a fight.

--

Rules:

1. Three people max.
2. Swear as much as you want.
3. All sex is implied.
4. Romance is fine, and of all orientations.
5. Hate will result in a ban from the roleplay.
6. Look, man, I can have a trans female Grim Reaper if I want.
7. Whatever you order, the cook can cook it :) rewards go to creative orders for drinks and food.
8. Yes, there is a jukebox.
9. I would rather like paragraph-oriented replies, just because reading dialogue snippets over and over again annoys me. Please, be more creative than that! (If you can't come up with anything else and it's obvious, I'll let that slide, but I really dislike reading it over and over >:( )
10. No overpowered characters. Please?
11. Put character profiles in spoilers. Please. Thanks. If it's in the forum just post the link inside of the spoiler. :)
12. Have fun!

--

CP Template:

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[djm]Name:[/djm]

[djm]Age:[/djm]

[djm]Species:[/djm]

[djm]Gender:[/djm]

[djm]Sexuality:[/djm]

[djm]Up for Romance?:[/djm]

[djm]Appearance:[/djm]

[djm]Personality:[/djm]

[djm]Background:[/djm]

[djm]Powers:[/djm]

[djm]Strengths:[/djm]

[djm]Weaknesses:[/djm]
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

364 Reviews

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:26 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Ronald Jacobs.

Species: Fairy; zombie.

Sexuality: Bisexual.

Up for Romance?: No.

Appearance: Blond hair, bright green eyes (comes with being a zombie), fair skin, no facial blemishes, freckles, moles, etc. He is quite small and skinny, but is a bit muscular. He dresses in a striped suit most of the time and wears black gloves. He wears a knife on his belt, but it's only for show. He looks like an average faery, except for the eyes, and acts like one too (is as fast as one, for instance, and doesn't feel cravings for flesh). There is a heart on his neck that he always covers, since it's a sign of an elite knight group.

Personality: Flirts quite a lot, but is very kind and respectful to many people. He only uses his powers as a last resort, as he dislikes violence. A good dude overall.

Background: Ronald lived a sad life - he was forced to become a doctor by his rich family, he was constantly bullied for being different, and he was locked in the cellar for long amounts of time if he ever did anything wrong. When he died, he was resurrected by a wizard who wished for him to join the Souls of Canterlot, an elite knight group made of resurrected people of various races. He served in it for hundreds of years, but was sent to tend to the bar to look for a certain person who loved bars. He's been there ever since.

Powers: He can control organic cells and molecules (I.e., carbs and lipids), granting him shape shifting and healing powers. In addition, he can't feel pain (since he's a zombie), so he has inserted various sharp metal objects in himself that he can eject into weapons at any time. Because of this, he's very good at hand-to-hand combat. He can also fly, being a faery.

Strengths: Kind, respectful, popular with people, good at healing things, hand-to-hand combat, good with animals.

Weaknesses: A bit timid, doesn't like to fight (not necessarily a bad thing, but it's a tavern and he is a knight), cannot handle ghosts, claustrophobic.

--

Name: Adrian Phillips.

Species: Grim Reaper; zombie.

Sexuality: Lesbian.

Up for Romance?: Yes.

Appearance: Pale and unnaturally skinny, prominent cheekbones. Has bone-white hair and long black fingernails. She always dresses in fancy, black clothes (like a suit with black Uggs, except they're not Uggs, obviously) and always has a small bag with her scythe and reaping clothes inside. Has the same bright green eyes that Ronald has, and the heart. However, she's not afraid to flaunt it - people are aware of what the Grim Reaper looks like off of the job and they know that she's a part of the Souls, so why shouldn't she?

Personality: Fun-loving and eccentric to the core, she gets along with everyone and is very extroverted dispite her appearance. She loves her beer, but never gets drunk. She has a contagious laugh.

Background: While she was alive, she was constantly bullied for what she was, but it never stopped her. She became a famous coroner and solved crimes. When she died, she was resurrected and joined the Souls of Canterlot. She is more mobile, searching for the person. The bar is considered a meeting point, so she loves to go in, have a drink or ten, and talk to Ronald and William (next CP) about the mission.)

Powers: Necromancy, able to control monsters/shadows, has a huge scythe that she uses for all manner of things (killing, doing her job, mowing her lawn...)

Strengths: Funny, optimistic, good with people.

Weaknesses: Cynical, not good with animals, gets angry easily.

--

Name: William Tweeds.

Species: Human; zombie.

Sexuality: Gay.

Up for Romance?: Yes.

Appearance: He is Hispanic, with short black hair and darker skin. He has glasses, and generally wears a suit and tie. However, when he goes to the bar, he dresses with black-and-brown colors and with the general fashion of the time period. He wears glasses with emeralds in them, and has a walking cane that hides a sword that he only uses last minute. He also hides the heart on his neck, usually through a choker collar or a jacket. On some occasions, he has used makeup. However, he always wears gloves to prevent himself from touching things.

Personality: He is serious, but he can have a little fun. He is generally hardworking and focused on his work most of the time. His favorite pasttime is reading, which he generally pretends to do in the bar. He brings a different book every time, never bringing the same one twice. At this point, regulars ask him what book he is reading "this time" whenever William comes in.

Background: He grew up in a prestigious family, but nobody knew that he liked men. He didn't have a hard life, but always had the knack of knowing things. When he died, he went through the processes and became a Soul of Canterlot. His job is to look at the bar from another perspective than Ronald's.

Powers: He can collect information by touching things. If he touches a book, he knows all that is in it, memorized. If he touches a person, he gathers their memories. If he touches an inaminate object, he knows who has touched it, what it was made of, etc. He dislikes this power and wears gloves to prevent himself from touching anything.

Strengths: Extremely intelligent, observation is on point, handsome, great fashion sense, has a "mind palace" (think: Sherlock).

Weaknesses: Very anti-social - you can't even call him an introvert, he's so closed off. Quiet. Has trust issues.

Adrian introduced her presence by slamming open the doors and striding in, immediately making her way to the bar and sitting on a mahogany bar stool. She leaned into Ronald, a smirk on her face and a hand on her chin, placing a singular high-heeled foot on the top of the bar stool. Her green eyes stared into Ronald's for a few moments - just enough to make Ronald uncomfortable. Suddently, she leaned back in her seat and put her hands behind her neck.

"One beer, please! Your most expensive," Adrian said, still giving her shit-eating grin at Ronald. "The entire bottle. I have a bet to fufill today and I don't intend to lose."

Ronald sighed and retrieved the drink, setting it down in front of Adrian. "You can't even get drunk, Adge," he sighed. "Why are you taking all of the good alcohol? The customers that can get drunk kind of need that."

Adrian made a face and popped open the bottle with a long fingernail. "I don't know what you're talking about, Ronald! Beer is delicious, and I like the best. It's not a big deal."

Ronald knew that he wasn't going to win an arguement with Adrian about drinking, so he gave it up. "Look, at least maintain your liver. I don't care that you're dead. You still need to maintain it, or else you'll feel pretty bad."

"Boo, boo!" Adrian called out, eyeing a customer across the room. He stood up and made his way across to the bar. So this is Adrian's opponent today? Ronald thought. "You can heal me whenever I need you to, so what's the point? Besides," she said, leaning across the table again on her elbows, still holding the bottlle. "I thought you were super against the smoking thing, not the drinking."

"I'm against both," was Ronald's simple answer.

William, who was watching from the corner, sighed and returned to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. There was no point in listening to their conversation, as it wasn't about their target.

Adrian gave a glance to the man and asked for another nice beer, which Ronald gave. Adrian grinned and passed the beer to the man. "Drink up," she laughed, and raised the bottle to her lips.

The tavern interrupted in cheering as Adrian drainefd the bottle in just under 30 seconds, while the man was left with about 3/4 of his. "Keep the beer," Adrian laughed. "I don't need it. Now pay up."

The man slid 50 pites (the currency - one pite is equal to half an American dollar) across the bar and stumbled back to his seat, his company laughing at him.

"Anyways, I think I found something over in Levanithin," Adrian whispered to Ronald. She gave William the I-Need-You-Now-It's-Important look, prompting William to get up and walk towards the bar. He really was interested to see what Chapter Fifteen would contain, but was unfortunately going to be detained by Adrian's chatter before they got to the point.

As soon as William reached the bar, pulled up a stool, and ordered a ham sandwich, Adrian began to blab about Levanithin's culture and geography. Ronald handed William the ham sandwich as Adrian was explaining the structure of the castles there and how they were made.

"Look, Adge, we all appreciate your nerdism, but can you explain the situation?" Ronald snapped suddenly. William was surprised - Ronald usually didn't lose his temper. "i have a job, and customers, and I don't need to waste time on your shit. Besides, it's not your job to know everything. It's William's." William appreciated the comment.

"Okay, okay!" Adrian laughed, raising her hands up in surrender. She leaned close to the other two and brought her voice down to a whisper. "Here's the thing..."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I don't really have time to write up character profiles for my character, so I'll just include the descriptions and any other notable details in little blurbs like I do in my other roleplays. If I do magically get some time later, I'll come back and edit the info!

(I also will probably add another character or two later on, but right now I'm just sticking with this wonderful person.)

The Personification of Magic: The Personification of Magic, also known as "Magic" or (less preferably) "Pom" is the person the magic of the multiverse became when they decided that they wanted to interact with the people who could use their power. They can theoretically use every magic that exists in the multiverse, but often refrain from using anything more than minor spells due to being restricted by the multiverse. They're cheerful, more than a little impulsive and overall a very friendly person. While they're not sure how to label themself, they use the pronouns they/them.

Right now, Magic looks to be somewhere in their early twenties, with blond hair with dark blue tips cut into a bob and purple eyes. They're about average height and noticeably on the leaner side. Their outfit's a plain black beanie, sneakers, a pair of denim shorts, a white tank top, and an unbuttoned flannel short-sleeved shirt.

They popped into the little pocket of reality that the tavern was situated in just a short distance away from the building. The few customers that were outside didn't pay them much mind - it was why Magic loved the idea of coming to this place. Talking with regular people was fun, but there was something nice about being able to chat with people that wouldn't blink an eye at the concept that magic could be a person.

They strode up to the bar.

"Hi," they said, sliding into one of the seats. "Can I have a root beer?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:35 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Spoiler! :
Hiya! So, like Mage, I don't really have time to sit and write a CP, but I can come back later and do that! For right now, here's a little blurb for my character :).

Landon Brassey: Landon is seemingly an ordinary human, who comes from a reality that where most everyone is basically just copies of real people from a different reality. He knows of this, and assumes that he is, too (he's actually himself, but shh). He's a proud conspiracy theorist, geeks out over any and everything non mundane and magical, and has a bright and carefree personality.

Landon stands at an average height of 5'10", and has a lithe but muscular frame, with messy, muted red hair and brown eyes. He has a little sprinkling of freckles and a wide, crooked smile. Appears to be in his early twenties. Right now he is wearing tan cargo pants, a plain black shirt, and a comfortable, oversized bomber jacket.

Landon had wandered somewhere that he knew he probably shouldn't have been, that much was clear. He had somehow come across a classy looking establishment, which he guessed was a bar of some sort, and, never being one to turn down an experience, had walked up to the step to go inside.

As his hand reached toward the door, his gaze drifted to shapes... creatures, maybe, on top of the building. The chatter drifted down to where he was, and he realized that the boisterousness he had assumed had come from inside was coming from the creatures up top. He gawked, but quickly opened the door.

As he walked into the tavern, his sense of being out of place only increased- but so did his excitement. He tried his best not to stare, but everyone- from the bartender to the customers, looked unusual. In some cases, inhuman.

He tore his gaze from a woman in black with a weapon at her back and inched closer to the bar, both awkwardly and fluidly. Clearing his throat gently, he attempted to get the bartender's attention, hoping he wasn't being rude by interrupting his conversation.

"Um, excuse me?" He called. "May I have a Shirley Temple?"
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

364 Reviews

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:58 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
That's fine! I'll write my reply when I get home from karate.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magic, who had been in the middle of cheerfully observing the others present in the tavern, paused when they heard a familiar voice ring out from beside them. It had been a little while since they had heard it, but not long enough for them to forget the owner.

They spun around in their seat to see Landon Brassey standing there - the secondary one, if the modern outfit was anything to go off of. They immediately perked up; the memories of their last encounter, though chaotic, were pleasant to think about.

"Hey, Landon! It's been ages since I last saw you," they said with an eager wave and a grin spreading across their face. They hopped off of the chair and onto their face, casting a quick glance between the bartender and Landon before coming to a decision.

"I'll pay for his drink," Magic said. "Just let me know the price."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:21 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Landon jumped as he heard his name, and turned, expecting, of course, to be met with someone he somehow knew. Instead, he came face to face with what looked like a blonde woman- who also didn't seem familiar in the slightest. His eyes widened as they met purple ones, and he took a little step back.

"Er, I'm... I'm sorry. I'm not sure we've met." he said gently, tilting his head. "Please, there's no need to pay for my drink. Uhm, I-"

Suddenly a brief, nagging little thought came to him, and he bit his lip.

Maybe this person knew the real Landon- the one he was a copy of. Maybe he had accidentally stumbled in on the very reality that Reida and Vesper were trying to get back to! A little thrill of excitement shot through him, though it was also accompanied by melancholy.

"I'm not him." he said, very quietly. "I mean- yes, I am Landon, but- not the one you know. I'm sorry for the mix-up."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

They stared.

"But you have to be him," they slowly said. "Your clothes are a match for the-"

They paused and stared down at themself. They had to think long and hard on what they had looked like the last time they met Landon; they changed their form far too frequently to easily keep track of it. But, whatever it had been, it certainly hadn't been this one.

They looked back up at Landon. "You are the Landon I know," they said. "You just don't recognize me because I'm using a different form this time around. Sorry about that."

They sheepishly rubbed the back of their neck, giving him an awkward smile. "It's me, Landon. The Personification of Magic. It didn’t come up much during the last time we saw each other, but I can change my form, and I like to do it a lot."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:34 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Oh. Oh." The tension in Landon's shoulders dropped, and he easily returned the smile.

He was so relieved to have someone who knew him- for him- that he stepped forward quickly and wrapped his arms around them.

"Magic, it's so good to see you again." He murmured, giving them a gentle little squeeze. He leaned his head back with another happy smile. "And you'll have to tell me all about the changing form things, when you have the chance."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

They felt warmth rise to their cheeks as they gave him a big grin and returned the embrace, but they didn't linger on the sensation for that long. The room must have just been getting a little hot, for whatever reason. It didn't matter. "I can tell you right now, if you want," they said, finally pulling away after another few moments passed. "I can basically take on the form of whatever I want. I just use a little bit of magic, and wham! Instant makeover. I can also help other people change their form too, but that one can obviously have its drawbacks, so I just stick with my own."

They gave him a sly grin and whispered, "If you ever want me to show you my magic, I can do it - just give me the word. I can't do anything that would mess up the flow of the multiverse, but I bet it wouldn't mind a little trick or two. Or a few, depending on how many you want to see."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:25 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Landon's eyes widened almost cartoonishly and he nodded, leaning his head closer conspiratorially.

"Really?" he whispered back, a bit too loud. "That would be great! Can you do something now? Anything at all, it doesn't have to be big."

He waved his hands a bit, a familiar glow of excitement lighting his features. He paused for only a moment, his face still shining, and dropped his arms.

"That is, if you want to do it now- I can wait, if not." he punctuated this with a little smile.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magic thought long and hard.

Then they tapped into the well of magic within them - and the well of magic that the multiverse had - sorting through it all until they found the particular spell they were looking for. They snapped their fingers. The best way to describe the change was that their form glitched, little white particles replacing their current one and falling away to reveal someone else.

Someone that Landon would definitely recognize.

"Here you go!" Magic exclaimed in his voice, their form an exact copy of him as they did a bow. Even the most minute details were present. The smallest little crease, the smallest little wrinkle, the smallest little stain - they were all there.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:30 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Whoa." Landon whispered softly. He had let out a little strangled sound when he had first been left staring at his own face, but now he leaned forward, his eyes glinting in curiosity.

"That's amazing." he murmured, brushing Magic's cheek with a finger as his hand rested on his own. "and how do you do it? Is there a spell, or is it just- magicky stuff?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

A little more heat rose to their face as Landon's finger brushed against their cheek. They gave him a grin and tried to ignore the feeling again, but it stubbornly persisted. "It's magicky stuff, technically. It's one of the ways people shapeshift out there in multiverse. It's my favorite way, even though it's not a very common one."

They sheepishly rubbed the back of their neck.

"...I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it so much for how showy it is," they admitted. "It's fun making my magic have a little more 'oomph' to it."

They thought for a moment.

"Want me to do another form?" they asked. "I can do whatever you want me to."

For some reason, the thought of making Landon happy made them feel happy too, though they couldn't put their finger on why.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:28 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Of course!" He grinned brightly, and then paused a moment, deep in thought. "Let's see, can you do... uh... how about a historical figure!"

He leaned back a little to better see them, and rubbed his hands together almost unconsciously in anticipation.

"Surprise me."

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara