z

Young Writers Society

The Haunts of the Ley Lines

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:14 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Faoilteach sat down on the porch rail, her slanted blue eyes watching everything. "Are we going to enter or not?" She asked.
Last edited by FireSpyGirl on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@FireSpyGirl, I had Lucy give all the introductions in the last post, and @Featherstone took care of her characters. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:30 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Spoiler! :
Ah, shoot. I am sorry. Life is so busy right now and I'm losing track.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:10 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Casey's polite inquiries died on his tongue as he took in the new arrivals. Though he knew that the prospect of at least one of them being denizens of Hell (the King, nonetheless) shouldn't be enough to condemn their morality, he found himself shrinking back all the same.

When a plan of action was suggested, he relaxed slightly, willingly accepting the distraction.

"Well..." he started, looking up at the weathered house, "going inside would make the most sense, in which case I strongly suggest we stay together."
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
It's okay, @FireSpyGirl!

"I second that suggestion," Lucy said, her gaze momentarily wandering to the trio of demons that had emerged from the forest. It lingered the longest on Cornyx Blackthorne. She guessed she should get used to calling him "your highness" but she currently wasn't feeling all that loyal to her new ruler. Man, this sucked. She had barely been there for Lucifer, and had really enjoyed the way that Crowley ran things. It wasn't like they really talked much, seeing that he was - had been - the King of the Hell, but he was the one she had sold her soul to, so they were on speaking terms.

Mourning Crowley's apparent removal from the throne aside, she really needed to focus on keeping an eye on the trio of demons. As the resident other demon present, it fell on her shoulders to make sure all of the humans and whatever everyone else were here didn't caught up in whatever scheme Cornyx and co had planned.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:39 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"To quote a fanfiction: Onwards and endwards!" Raiden announced, slapping the door open. How she got there from sitting on the floor was a question left unanswered as she sauntered inside.
"I think that was it, anyway. You guys coming?" she called back, sticking her head out.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

162 Reviews

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:10 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Faoilteach rolled her eyes and followed her in.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:10 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Wielde wanted to ask for more details about the lands Cornyx had described, but everyone's responses and faces told him it wouldn't be such a great idea. Which was strange. Everyone else knew that Cornyx was talking about, but Wielde didn't have a clue. How could that be? He was a king - they hadn't neglected his education. Granted, depending on where they came from, the others could've been just as educated, but Wielde wasn't sure how they could be more so.

The idea of being the dumbest person in the room made him uncomfortable, so he brushed it aside. "As long as we remain together," he said to Raiden, striding up to the porch and going through the door.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Diane and Lucy quickly made their way to the front of the group as they entered the old house. The boards creaked underneath Diane's feet with every step she took; she started to wonder if it would even hold up under their combined weight. She didn't like the feeling of the situation at all. Everyone - except maybe for Wielde and Raiden - felt guarded, and King Cornyx made her feel especially nervous. Lucy had been giving him funny looks ever since his role had been revealed; it was likely because Crowley had been a not-so-secret favorite demon of hers.

The house's interior was just as bad as its exterior. The stairs they approached around the corner were missing parts of or entire steps, the wind - just a breeze outside - howled through the house, and she could hear small bugs scurrying about. She honestly wouldn't have been surprised if a ghost showed up in the middle of it.

"Well," Lucy said, coming to a stop at the bottom of the staircase. "I don't see anything obvious here."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:31 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

The King felt a shiver up his spine. It reminded him of the few times the bishops had allowed him to leave his palace at Wyandanch. There'd been so many homes that time and age had withered to oblivion. The fierce wind, bugs squeezing through the cracks in the floor, and the vines and roots that curled along the walls and ceiling, however, were new to him.

The King tapped the bottom step with his scepter; the wooden step cracked in two. "I cannot say I trust the integrity of this place," he said. "Are you confident this is the place where we should stay?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:30 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Casey stepped cautiously into the house, stumbling and almost loosing his footing on a loose plank as he went. His nose wrinkled and his hair faded into a light green as he took in the sheer decay of the interior.

"Welp- if any a place was haunted, this sure would be." he commented warily. "If you believe in that sort of thing, I guess..."

His gaze scanned the entrance, and then the stairs, which he did not want to climb.

"Maybe we can try the bedrooms?" He suggested.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Oh, I definitely believe in ghosts," Lucy said. Diane gave her a look out of the corner of her eye as she scanned the place for any sort of clues; when they mentioned it to someone who didn't already believe in ghosts, they tended to not believe them. That would put a very large dent on their credibility, a type of dent that could only be fixed if an actual ghost appeared.

"I also don't like how easily this place is falling apart," Diane said to Wielde. "But I think Lucy and I have been in worst places, and I think it's our best chance at figuring out what's going on. We all must have ended up around this place for a reason."

She glanced over at Casey. "Looking at the bedrooms sounds like a good idea," she agreed.
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:17 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Faoilteach's eyebrows rose, but she only said; "It may not be obvious, but there is something wrong with this house."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Oh, I think it's obvious," Lucy said, beginning the difficult task of trying to climb the stairs. She carefully put one foot down after the other. She didn't want to fall and break this body's neck - she was finally starting to like it. "A fancy place like this is never left alone in the woods. This screams something creepy. My bet's going to stay on a poltergeist, although there is a suspicious lack of people getting whacked in the head by flying objects..."

Diane cautiously began to follow Lucy up the stairs, making sure to stay several steps behind her in case the stairs gave out underneath Lucy's feet.
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Faoilteach sighed and followed them, treading carefully and lightly. Being half elf, her footsteps made no sound.

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah