Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:11 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

~ Night At The Carnival ~

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

A dry wind picks up a few fallen leaves and they skitter across the concrete and through the bare cages that once held freaks, monsters, and strange animals. The carousel has long since stopped moving and equine statues stare on with faded paint and lifeless eyes. A ferris wheel creaks at its vantage point above the stands, streets, and games that are vacant, empty, like an ancient city that fell silent without warning in a single night.

You may not know how you got here. Maybe you do. It doesn't matter - now, there's no way out, for all around you is the carnival, and once you reach the end you merely start at the beginning to play again.

It's a twisted game but as far as you know, there is no escape, and you are alone.

That is, until you hear the voices and see the silhouettes of other people. Other players, like you...or so you hope.

Good luck.

Limited Space

Slot 1: @Featherstone
Slot 2: @Saen
Slot 3: @FireSpyGirl
Slot 4: @ellasnotebook
Slot 5:
Slot 6:
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:13 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Spoiler! :
May I join?
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:17 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Yes, welcome in! I'll write the first post shortly and then that'll kick everything off. If you're interested, we have a Discord server for this rps and https://discord.gg/xeaefN6

idk if you have Discord but it's where a lot of discussion and planning and fun and games goes on :D It's free and doesn't require personal info except for an email

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:38 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Spoiler! :
Yay!

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The Viper walked through the once-crowded grounds, humming a haunting melody under her breath. The song was haunting and eerily beautiful: a masquerade, a dance of hidden knives and subtle lies, where not a single soul lived much longer than the next, yet the macabre steps had an unidentifiable draw that kept pulling the dancers back. She was alone in the shadows and a hood hid her head from the world, face shrouded by a mask that was a shade of such burnished gold it seemed almost to be black in the darkness.

It reminded her of earlier times. Times where they'd hunted together on similar grounds, where the serpent had only just begun to tame her vessel. Those were the days. When she woke up to fire and squelched the last spark in shadows. A small smile danced across a sharp-toothed mouth at the memory.

Oh, how she loved this ancient masquerade.

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:52 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Ravelen walked through the now empty tents. She thought she heard someone humming, but she couldn't be sure. She continued to enjoy her exploration of the tents.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
It's been a very, very long time since my boy Loki has gotten a chance to show up, so I thought this was the perfect place to chuck him into. Loki appears to be somewhere in his twenties. He's tall and broad-shouldered, and is wearing a very impeccable black suit and classic red tie. His hair is light brown and thrown back into a ponytail, and he has a stubble to match. His eyes are light blue.

Other important details: he's got an albino rat snake in his pocket, he's wearing a golden locket, and he'll look like he's sweating no matter what the temperature is.

The past ten minutes had been spent trying to call Sam, despite the lack of signal - the man simply didn't want to accept his fate of being stuck in a deserted carnival all by himself. But no matter how many times he tried dialing their number, his partner simply wouldn't pick up. It was frustrating as all heck, and more than a little worrying. He couldn't remember how he had arrived here. Without that sort of knowledge, he would be unable to determine how to leave.

A startled cry suddenly left his lips as he felt something shift near him.

A second later, a little snake head popped out of his pocket, and he blushed in embarrassment as his best friend gave him a look that clearly said he wasn't that impressed by the sudden show of fear. "I'm sorry, Thor," he apologized, giving him a little boop on the head. "I forgot you were in my pocket."

Thor gave him a look.

He blushed even more furiously, then stiffened when he heard a sound coming from nearby. He ushered Thor hurriedly back into his pocket - Thor strongly objecting to it from how much he was struggling - and absentmindedly wiped the beads of sweat off of his forehead. He needed a change, soon, but he wasn't going to leave himself vulnerable in a place like this.

He took a deep breath, slipped back into the role of Loki A. Lias, and headed towards the direction of the noise. An eerie melody floated through the air. He tried to quell the shivers running up his spine as he strode closer and closer to it.

"Hello," he called out into the darkness.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:32 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She fell silent as she heard the voice, turning as her eyes flashed dimly in the night. There was someone there. She turned slowly and started walking towards the man's voice, quietly stalking forward, her ebon-cloaked form merging with the shadows that she commanded under the moon's pale, silver light.

She came out into the street behind him with all the grace and silence of a panther. "Hello," she said, her soft, eerie voice ringing through the carnival.

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:36 am
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Ravelen heard voices and decided to investigate. "Who is out there?" She called. Pushing her hood back, she tightened the belt around her waist.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:43 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She cocked her head, listening. "Who isn't?" she lilted in response.

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:45 am
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Ravelen stepped forward until she found the two figures. "Who are you?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If he hadn’t been so used to both Shadow and Sam mysteriously appearing out of the shadows behind him, he would have been at least a little bit scared by the first woman's sudden appearance. He slowly turned to see that she was dressed in an abnormal outfit; he couldn’t quite put his finger on why, but she seemed like she would be one of the people that Perseus would hunt down.

He turned his attention to the other person. "My name is Loki A. Lias," he said, doing a little theatrical bow. The moment he straightened, Thor tried to pop his head back out, but Loki almost immediately started pushing him back down into his suit jacket's chest pocket.
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:21 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Ravelen raised an eyebrow. Her dark blue velvet dress set off her red hair.
"Nice to meet you, Loki. I am Ravelen." A knife hung off the gold chain belt around her waist.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:03 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"W-I am Au-" she paused and a tremor ran through her body, eyes giving off an eerie crimson glow. "I am Viper. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ravelen and..." she looked up towards Loki. "Mr. Alias."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

These two both struck him as the type of person he might be sent to...deal with if he was on an official job for the Perseus Organization, but he didn't question their likely inhuman heritage at the moment. He just gave Viper a cool smile when she picked up on the alias; it worked so wonderfully when he was with Perseus, but lacked the practicality when he wasn't being associated with them.

Thor took his distraction as an opportunity to finally pop out of his pocket.

When Loki realized what his friend had done, he glanced down at Thor and gave him a very frustrated look. Thor promptly stuck his tongue out in response. Since Thor was a snake, it could be assumed that it was because he naturally had to do it, but there was a look to his little eyes that made its true intentions all too clear.
mage

queer and here.

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane