James cocked his head to the side. “It’s... in the Moonlight Kingdom.”
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"...Where's the Moonlight Kingdom?" Edward asked. Now Schadel was beginning to look curious, too, since it was clearly not a place that either one of them were familiar with.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:34 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James looked sheepishly to the ground. He knew this time would come. When he'd have to admit that he wasn't from the same places as them. And then they'd think he was weird, just like they'd thought of each other when they were arguing and stuff.

"It's... it's in Nye," he muttered quietly. "That's my home."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Schadel and Edward looked at each other for a moment, each musing over the answer before turning back to their brother. James weirdly looked almost like he was worried about having said where the Moonlight Kingdom was - Schadel couldn't figure out why until she started running through the order of things in her head. He lived near Hedgale, which had to be a town. Then the town was in the Moonlight Kingdom, and kingdom were like countries. A country could either be in a continent or a world, but she had never heard of a continent called Nye before.

She gave an excited little gasp.

"James, you're an alien?" she asked.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:23 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James shot a very confused look at Schadel. An alien as in like... a foreigner?

“Aren’t we all kinda aliens to each other?” he asked back.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"What's an alien?" Engel asked, grabbing another marshmallow and shoving it into his mouth.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:02 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus wasn't sure what an alien was either, but he guessed that it had something to do with where James had said he was from. He sat on his brother's shoulder and gently nipped at the hair at the neck of James' neck with his bill, as a reassurance.

"Where is Nye?" he asked, curious. "I thought you were human too. Does being from Nye mean you aren't?"
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:37 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Boris lit up. An opportunity to boast about knowing a word?

"An alien is just someone who isn't from wherever they are at the moment. So, everyone but me and you, Engel." he said, trying to sound laid back.

Boris squinted at James.

"I don't know, James looks human to me. I've never heard of a child werewulf. And he's far too clean to be any sort of fairy, or wood folk.

What do you say you are?" he asked James casually.

Not that it mattered. He didn't believe in any of those things he mentioned, anyway.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"We don't know this is Prussia-" Edward started to argue, but Schadel cut him off before he could finish.

"We're not aliens!" Schadel exclaimed. "Not alien-aliens, anyways. I've been reading about them in Blanx's books. They're people from other worlds. James is an alien-alien to us because Nye's got to be another planet, but we'd be alien-aliens to him because we're the ones from the different planet!"

Edward, originally put out about being interrupted again by Schadel, immediately perked up when he realized what she was talking about. "Like the Martians!" he exclaimed. James was almost certainly human, but he couldn't help but be excited - he was in the middle of reading The War of the Worlds.

Schadel grinned from ear-to-ear. "Yeah, like them! Only James has a human soul, so I guess aliens are more like us than Mr. Wells thought."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:59 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus' beady duck's eyes widened at Schadel's explanation, and he hopped in excitement.

"What are Martians?" he asked, "and planets?"
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James started to get very confused at all the questions going around, but he wanted to clarify one thing.

"I'm a human," he said. "I'm - my mom and dad are. So I am too."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:40 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Schadel nodded wisely. "That's what your soul said, too," she agreed, then turned back to Damascus with a big grin on her face. "Martians are alien-aliens! They're from another world called Mars, and they wanted to take over the planet. They're big, and they're scary, and they take your blood! Their body is a really, really long head-" She held her arms out to show just how long it was. "-with two beady eyes, a beak mouth. And then their arms are a bunch of tentacles, like ten or twenty! And they wave them around like this-" Now she shook her arms out wildly. "-and they can snatch you! And once they snatch you, you're not going to escape!"

She took a deep breath, running out of air thanks to the passionate explanation.

"And if a Martian showed up here, they could kill us in a heartbeat. Well, kill you. They can't kill me - only reaper weapons can do that! They'd probably just capture me and study me like a test subject."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

If he had been a little confused at first, Engel was now completely and utterly lost. Alien-alien? Planet? Martian? Kill them?

"Maybe Nye is just another country!" he suggested. "Like the big place with gold that doesn't really have gold."

There! That was reasonable.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Schadel earnestly shook her head. "It's not!" she protested. "Nye's definitely not. If it was another country and not another world, then James would recognize some of the stuff we've been talking about! But he hasn't! He's just like Dami."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Dami's just from Hell," he protested. "That's like...an afterlife, not a...plan-it."

he/him/his

i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind