z

Young Writers Society

Nowhere

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:32 am
View Likes
shaniac says...

Raelynn's interest peaked at the mention of a possible werewolf.

Ever since her childhood, there always a deep and yearning to learn about the unknown and supernatural. Her parents, both skeptics but fondly agreed to help their daughter pursue whatever she must, poured money into helping her. She was hoping that this possibility was true and being surrounded by strangers who looked equally confused, certainly fueled a thrill that couldn't be tamed with only backing out of it.

She wanted to investigate but didn't know how everyone else felt. How could you say something without sounding crazy in this day and age?
Shaniac starter kit: you must be fond of wind, squeaky shoes, and moldy bread.

You're like the Flash but in reading - @scribbleinks

The hardest thing about growing up is the ground.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:52 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

"I'm certain," Clarice said, looking back at the motel once more. She didn't want to be sure about what she'd seen, but there wasn't a doubt in her mind. She'd seen a werewolf. And although the last thing Clarice wanted was to get caught up in more supernatural nonsense, she knew it could be dangerous to ignore.

"I hope you have some silver in that bag of yours," She said, turning her head to look Sebastian in the eyes. "Because all I've got are stakes and iron."
"yeet"
- albert einstein

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:23 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Did you just assume that the werewolf is gonna try to kill us?" Raiden spoke up, looking to Clarice.
"This is 20XX, do you really think you can go around assuming things like that?" he said, walking towards the window. Then he realised his sudden outburst might have just caught the attention of everyone else. With sweat running down his face, he tapped the window twice.
"Hey, Mr. Werewolf? Do you wanna eat us? Or, y'know, like, kill us or something?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"We have silver," Sebastian commented, briefly looking at the girl who had alerted them to the presence of the werewolf. He reached into his bag and pulled out a silver knife to prove his point. Gabriel took a noticeably wide route around him as he approached the window of the motel, but neither Sebastian or Issac acknowledged that he had done so.

"I don't think our werewolf is in there right now," Gabriel said, peering into the window. He turned back to look at the others. "Either we scared them off, or they're laying a trap for us. But, hey. I'm in the mood for a fight-"

"We should try talking with them first," Sebastian interrupted. Issac nodded in agreement. "And then, if we need to, we can fight them." He gave a pointed look in Gabriel's direction as he spoke.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

5 Reviews

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:03 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Clarice looked the knife up and down, examining it. It was different from the ceremonial sickles that she was so hauntingly familiar with, to the point where she'd be hard-pressed to wield it efficiently.

Good. She didn't want to touch a blade ever again.

"Talking sounds like a good idea." Clarice agreed, glancing between Sebastian and Gabriel and Isaac. She released her grip on her handlebars and stepped off her dirt bike. The idea of talking peacefully with a werewolf was still a bit foreign to her, but she pushed aside the discomfort. "But I'm pretty sure they're hiding... I think I might've startled them a bit.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Issac started to head towards the front door, only to come to an abrupt stop feet away from it. Though heading in that way made sense, it would be difficult to navigate a building none of them recognized. Instead, he opted to join Gabriel by the window. After looking inside to check that the werewolf wasn't lying in wait, he threw his weight into a punch and slammed his fist into the window. Gabriel wisely stepped back as glass went flying both inside the room and onto the pavement right in front of it.

A few punches later, and they had a perfectly sized entrance into the building.

"If we enter through here, it should be easy to figure out where the werewolf went," Issac said, Gabriel already starting to climb in through the window. Issac wasted no time in joining him. As his companions dusted the little glass shards off of their clothes, Sebastian slipped the silver knife into his belt and went to join them.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:20 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo watched as the men broke the window. There was a door. In a sense, he could understand the logic. But it was not worth punching glass over, especially when doing so hurt and required a lot of force. He couldn’t decide if these people were all just extra and eccentric or if they really were crazy. He supposed time would tell, if the werewolf was real. But in all realness, he just wanted to stop being lost. Not that he had a particular destination in mind, but...

Oh well. He was too big for the window to follow, so he decided to stay outside with his bike. If there really was a werewolf, he would wait out here for it.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:30 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber was fairly sure the strange people outside had broken a window and were now climbing into the hallway. That was odd; he remembered seeing only humans, and there was no way a human could be that strong. He guessed at least one of them wasn't human, if any of them. The thought was enough to make him quiver in his hiding spot, but the creaking of the bed above gave him a great idea. He could play this game.

Getting out from under the bed, Taber pushed it onto its side and shoved it over to the door. The bed was surprisingly lightweight, likely due to age and Taber's strength. Pushing the bed over again, so that the back rested against the floor, Taber propped it up against the door, almost completely blocking the entrance. Hopefully they'd be distracted long enough for him to make his getaway.

Escaping was the hard part. His first plan was to try and break the wall so he could slip into the next room. Unfortunately, punching a wall proved surprisingly painful. He yelped and held one hand in the other, watching the wallpaper peel off and reveal the wood behind it. That wouldn't work. His backup plan relied on the grimy window leading to the outside world. It was easy enough to grab the edge of the window frame and yank it out. However, when he tried to squeeze through the gap, he was only able to get his chest and part of his chest through before he found himself stuck. He tried to push his way back, with no luck.

Oops.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

5 Reviews

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

"Couldn't we have just opened the..." Clarice cut herself off as soon as the others began to climb through the window. Sighing, she followed them. After hauling herself through the broken window, she glanced at Isaac's hand, which seemed miraculously unharmed, and briefly wondered if these people were inhuman themselves. She wouldn't be surprised.

She knelt down and grabbed a large piece of broken glass from the floor. It wouldn't be much use against a werewolf on its own, but Clarice had other tricks up her sleeves.
"yeet"
- albert einstein

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Are you alright?" Sebastian said once he got through the window, following the example of his companions by brushing the little pieces of glass off of his shirt. He wasn't as good as the two of them at fitting into small spaces, and he was pretty sure he had gotten nicked in a few places.

Issac shook his hand. "Yeah."

Sebastian glanced back at the window, and at the girl now standing with them in the room. He had to word things carefully. "That was surprisingly reckless for you," he said, turning his attention back to the tall man beside him. "Why didn't you try opening it before you smashed it?"

Issac pointed at Gabriel, who had already left them and gone into the hallway to look for the elusive werewolf. "Because sometimes you have to be more impulsive than him if you want to prevent him from doing something stupid."

"Good point," Sebastian admitted.

"I also might have forgotten that I could try opening it from the outside."
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:34 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden shuffled along the building, having heard a yelp a few moments ago. Rounding the corner, he came face to face with the werewolf. He seemed to be stuck.
"..are you...are you good, my dude?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 pm
View Likes
shaniac says...

Raelynn didn't have much say into what was happening with the rest of the gang and decided that since they were going into a rundown, dingy looking shack, it would make sense that there would be some sort of entity living inside. She darted off in the direction she had just come as soon as everyone else was going, and now standing in front of her car, regretted every single decision that led up to her staying unhappily through one of her car's windows.

Pulling the car door open, Raelynn grabbed a black bag that had an assortment of different ghost trinkets and a flashlight. She then shut the door and ran back to the building. By the time she got back, the group was already inside and saw a guy on his motorcycle. He looked too big and Raelynn didn't want to interrupt him with whatever he was doing. Raelynn then looked back at the building and sighed. I'm not going through that hole, she thought to herself. I'll just go around back.

She then ran around back, her back straining with the heavy bag. There was a door with rust along the hinges and along the front. With a heavy sigh, she twisted the knob and headed inside. As Raelynn was entering, she swore she heard someone yelp but figured it could've just been a door opening or a bird calling out. The werewolf incident didn't matter all that much to her as in her head, werewolves don't exist. Only really hairy men do.
Shaniac starter kit: you must be fond of wind, squeaky shoes, and moldy bread.

You're like the Flash but in reading - @scribbleinks

The hardest thing about growing up is the ground.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber blinked. He was at a loss for words, because the human was surprisingly friendly. It was also a weird question. However, he didn't see any reason not to answer it. After a few seconds spent failing to push himself out of the gap, Taber lowered his head and panted. "Er, not really?" he said.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It wasn't hard to figure out where the werewolf had gone. Sebastian was still learning from Gabriel and Issac, but it was perhaps the easiest search he had ever had to conduct. The floor was absolutely covered in dust. He just had to follow the footprints down the hallway until he found where they stopped. That location proved to be in front of a closed door.

When he went to open it, he realized that the door was already slightly open. It looked like the door was incapable of remaining shut, but he doubted that the werewolf would have stayed in there if he had no way of keeping it shut. He gave it a hard push. It didn't budge. There was something in front of it.

Issac also tried pushing it, but it only resulted in the bed getting stuck between the door and the wall inside the room. There was no other way that they could get inside - anything they had at their disposal would be far too destructive, and would only result in the three of them seeming like a threat. Sebastian sighed and peered in through the crack. It was so small that he could barely make anything out.

"We could go through the window," Issac helpfully suggested.

"Or," Gabriel said, suddenly pushing Sebastian away from the door, "you can let a certain djinni do his thing."

Sebastian and Issac exchanged worried glances after looking over at Clarice.

"It's a nickname," Issac hurriedly said, stepping in front of the door to hide Gabriel from view.

Sebastian wasted no time in joining him. Smiling and nodding, he added, "We call him it sometimes because he's really good at helping other people out in a pinch-"

He was cut off by the sound of the bed being moved from inside the room. A second later, and the door was opened by Gabriel. He gestured behind him with a smirk - he clearly found the sight he saw amusing. "It looks like our little werewolf is just a bit stuck right now."
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:36 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden held out his hand to the werewolf, hearing things being moved from inside.
"Give me your...paw? Hand? ...uhh...give me your limb and I'll try to help pull you out," he said stepping closer to the hairy boye.
"It would probably help if we had butter, though,"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell