67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 am
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the baddest of them all?

Hi, YWS buddies, this thread is about the kids of Disney villains
Note-This thread is based on the movie rather than the book. (because I haven't yet read the book, and can't find it at the library nearby, I don't know the differences.)

This is everything you need to know about the movie
Spoiler! :
Twenty years after Belle and Beast marry and become king and queen, they establish the United States of Auradon, creating a prosperous new nation from the surrounding kingdoms, and banish the villains to the Isle of the Lost, a slum surrounded by a barrier where magic is suspended. Their son, Ben, announces that his first proclamation is to give four selected children from the Isle of the Lost the chance to live in Auradon, away from the influence of their villainous parents: Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil; Jay, son of Jafar; Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen; and Mal, daughter of Maleficent. On the island, Maleficent instructs the quartet to steal the Fairy Godmother's magic wand to release the barrier so she can take over Auradon.

Travelling to Auradon Prep, the four meet Ben and his self-proclaimed girlfriend Audrey, daughter of Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip. They also meet the Fairy Godmother, the school's headmistress. Evie uses her mother's pocket-sized magic mirror to locate the wand in a nearby museum, and Mal uses her mother's spinning wheel from the museum to put the security guard to sleep, but they fail to steal the wand due to a barrier around it. After learning that the Fairy Godmother will use the wand at Ben's coronation, the four wait it out by attending classes, but start to fit in with the students. Jay is recruited into the school's "tourney" team (a sport similar to field hockey and lacrosse), while Carlos overcomes his fear of dogs by befriending the school's dog, Dude. Evie, though intelligent, acts vain to impress Chad, Cinderella's son, but ends up doing his homework for him. Dopey's son, Doug, encourages her not to pander to others and be herself.

Mal becomes popular, using Maleficent's spell book to improve the looks of Jane and Lonnie, the daughters of the Fairy Godmother and Mulan, respectively. Learning that Ben's "girlfriend" will be seated close to the wand during the coronation, which is used during the ceremony, Mal bakes a cookie laced with a love potion and gives it to Ben, who falls madly in love with her, much to his friends' shock. On a date with Ben, Mal becomes conflicted with her inner goodness and desire to please her mother, unsure of how to react to Ben's feelings towards her. During the school's family day, the villains' children are ostracized after an encounter with Audrey's grandmother, Queen Leah, saying that Maleficent's curse was the reason she missed Aurora's childhood, prompting an argument that drives Mal to end the beauty spell she used on Jane. While Ben tries to reassure them that everything will be okay after the coronation, Doug tried to remain friendly towards Evie, but Chad forced him to distance himself from her.

At Ben's coronation, Mal gives him a brownie containing the love spell's antidote, believing it is unnecessary to keep him under the spell. However, Ben reveals he was already freed of the spell since their date when he went swimming in the Enchanted Lake, believing that Mal only did it because she really liked him. During Ben's crowning, a disillusioned Jane grabs the wand from her mother, wanting to improve her beauty, only for her to accidentally destroy the Isle's barrier. Mal takes the wand from Jane, but torn over what to do, is encouraged by Ben to make her own choice rather than follow Maleficent's path. Mal recognizes that she and her friends found happiness in Auradon, and they choose to be good.

Maleficent crashes the ceremony, freezing everyone except herself and the four children. When they defy her, Maleficent transforms into a dragon. Mal and her friends use a counterspell, turning Maleficent into a lizard based on the amount of love in her heart. Mal returns the Fairy Godmother her wand as she unfreezes everyone and tells her not to be hard on Jane. While the villains watch the celebration from afar, Auradon Prep's student's party through the night. Mal's eyes turn green as she addresses the audience, telling them the story is not over yet.

The events in this thread are set in the same timeline as the movie Descendants 1. In the current story, the characters are talking about how they get revenge on Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos for abandoning evil and choosing good.

So these are the details you need to give before you can be a resident of the Isle of the lost.

• the name of your character
  • Their villain parent/parents
  • Their personality traits
  • Looks, if you want to
  • Any other detail you want to add

Please note- This is not to make evil look good, but as a writer, one should also be able to think from a villain's perspective.

So, can you be the baddest of them all?
Last edited by TheWeirdoFromBeyond on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 am
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Spoiler! :
  • Veronica
  • Daughter of Hades
  • Smart, snappy attitude, confident, doesn't trust people easily, loyal to people she does trust (even villains can be loyal).
  • Dark brown eyes, long, straight black hair, light skin.
  • She was Mal's best friend before she left for Auradon. She thinks Mal betrayed their friendship and has decided never to truly trust anyone again.

"She doesn't get it, does she? She might have made her choice, but she also betrayed us. She is free, we aren't." She spoke with a loud voice, addressing everyone who was mad at those who had betrayed them. "That stupid king might give more people from here their chance," she said the word as if pitying it, "this time, we will make sure this person is not a traitor like them, and Mal, and her friends will know what it is like when you are betrayed. "
"Yes!" people shouted from the crowd, but one of them rebelled against her.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm
Simonsn338 says...

Spoiler! :
the name of your character- coralyn
Their villain parent/parents - queen of hearts
Their personality traits - strong, brave, loyal, sarcastic, and blunt
Looks, if you want to- long black hair, blue/grey eyes, has freckles lining her pale cheeks and mainly wears red and black.
Any other detail you want to add- trusts no one especially not her mother
Love is love

"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore