Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:09 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He steps forward, taking hold of the door handle and pulling it open.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:08 pm
Mageheart says...

Kyou followed Cornyx inside, Zion silently trailing behind him. He was unsure of what he had expected to see, but the room certainly wasn't it. It was relatively normal. There was a thick layer of dust on the floor with a handful of footprints - it should have been terrifying, but he didn't feel threatened. Be it a ghost or someone with an invisibility quirk, they weren't here and wouldn't harm him.

"What do you guys think of this room?" he asked.

Zion peered down at the footprints. "A ghost was likely here."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Don't ghosts float? And don't they like, not leave footprints?" Raiden asked as he stepped carefully into the dusty room. He doughed a few times from the dust kicked up when the door opened as he tried to step in the others' footprints so as not to leave his own.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"Usually, ghosts don't leave an impact on the world around them- usually that is reserved for poltergeists and other such creatures- who gain power from the fear of others, so don't be afraid and we'll probably be fine." Jane analyzed.

"Then again, many things have occurred here that I do not believe to be possible where Jane and I are from, so Jane might be wrong." Thomas explained.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 02, 2018 9:20 am
Mageheart says...

Zion studied Thomas and Jane for a moment, casting a brief glance at Raiden as they did so. "Interesting," the sentient shadow said. "My world's version of ghosts is different. I've only encountered a handful, but Ari and I did some research before. Ghosts are essentially like normal people. The only differences are that they go through living things and can't be seen by most people."

Spoiler! :
Would anyone mind if I added another character in?
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
I wouldn't mind :p

Raiden nodded slowly.
"That's one of the possibilities."
He glanced at Kyou, wondering if ghosts existed in his world. He hadn't seen any, if his memory served
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 02, 2018 2:14 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Not at all!

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Thu May 03, 2018 2:39 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Spoiler! :
I don't mind either.

"Guess we actually don't know what to expect then." Jane sighed.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 06, 2018 6:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
This is Levi! He's a ghost, but I'm guessing everyone will be able to see him. He has short brown hair and hazel eyes. He should be wearing a private school uniform, but it's one for the warmer part of the school year - so it should be easy to see the slits on his wrists. The only other important feature about him is the necklace he has on. It's a painted blue crystal on a piece of twine.

Things really weren't going well.

He had never been a fan of horror movies when he was a kid; if he saw so much as a short clip of one, he'd have trouble sleeping for weeks. It was almost always the setting that scared him the most. The dancing shadows, the howling of the wind and things that moved on their own in old creepy mansions. That fear had yet to go away. He could try to convince himself that all of the places that had been terrifying when he were alive were nothing to fear now that he was dead, but he still avoided them like the plague.

But now he had somehow ended up in one and he was absolutely petrified with fear. He had the sound of footsteps and talking outside the room he had woken up. Coming to the conclusion that they were of the supernatural variety, he had hidden behind of the bookcases to the back of the room. It was a library of some sort - bookshelf after bookshelf filling the dust-filled room. The space between him and the shelf wasn't large, but it was enough for him to fit his lanky teenage body into.

So now he was waiting for what would inevitably be his doom, desperately hoping that they didn't find him.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
assuming Levi is still in the room all our characters are

Raiden walked along, looking around the room. He noticed a bookshelf at the back which had previously escaped his eyes.
"Huh. Didn't notice that," he mumbled, walking over. He checked the side facing them for spines of books that held anything of interest, but to no avail. Nothing he saw seemed like it would help them figure out exactly where they were. He looked behind the bookshelf to check for more books.
"Hi there!" he yelped inadvertently, seeing a teenage boy hiding between the two bookshelves.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

223 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2018 1:39 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane began marching over there to investigate, Thomas grabbed her arm. "We don't want to overwhelm whoever it is, better to keep our distance."

"Or do you think they're going to attack me if I get any closer?" Jane responded evenly.

Thomas shrugged, letting her go. He had said his piece, he only wanted her to be there long enough to listen.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed May 09, 2018 2:26 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He sniffed the air. "He has no scent," she murmured. "A ghost?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 10, 2018 10:04 am
Mageheart says...

He tried to take a deep breath to calm down, but he only became even more terrified than he had already was. They had found him, and now they were debating what exactly he was. He wanted to slink back into wall, but that was an impossible task. He just stood there, a terrified expression briefly flickering across his face.

"What are you going to-"

His voice caught in his throat as another person appeared beside the boy who had spoken to him - they were completely made out of shadows. In the time that he had been dead, he had never seen something like them. A chill began to run up and down his ghostly spine. He was so done for!
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"It's alright, we won't hurt you," Cornyx says softly, standing behind Raiden. "We're all a bit lost and confused here."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2018 4:16 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane nodded. "We all seem relatively peaceful. I'm Jane- human, no special abilities. This is Thomas- werewolf, but he's a sweetheart."

Thomas waved- blushing a little bit from being called a sweetheart.

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice