A House with Many Doors

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I feel like Maahes and Edwin will get along very well.

He carefully made his way over to the pentacles. The runes inscribed between their lines were extraordinarily detailed and intricate. While the room was undoubtedly familiar, it was this attention to detail that convinced him that their captor had somehow glimpsed his memories. This was more than just being aware of his bloody past; this was understanding its full extent.

He walked over to the rows of decorations. He observed them with a critical eye. Something had to stand out. There had to be a clue hidden somewhere in this room. Why else would it be here in the first place?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:04 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James remained outside of the doorway, observing silently. But when he saw the worry on Mina's face when she rushed to the - well, to him, a stranger - he felt it best to leave her with her friend (clearly, she knew him). That was, unless he was in need of help, since Mina seemed concerned and worried at first.

When he heard the man's voice call out to Mina, he considered the most respectful thing to do would be to leave them to each other. And this seemed to open up another proverbial door or possibilities to the place they were in. Could someone else he knew potentially be trapped in here as well? Were they in danger? Were they looking for him?

James stepped out of the doorway and left down the hall. He passed by an open door - which Leo was looking into. He had a sickly look about him... a look that made James's steps falter for a moment and caused him to pause before proceeding. But then Leo walked in.

James got a small peek into the room, and though it was strange, and surely interesting... he was more concerned with what might be behind more doors with his mark on them.

If they chose to replicate that room with that memory, minus the people who ought to have been in it... does that mean they're somewhere else in here? He had so many questions. So he kept walking - past a few doors with the others' marks, until he found another one with a crown.

This time, he didn't hesitate as he lifted his hand to the door.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Next time think we could keep it to, like, four posts without me? It's a bit hard to keep up sometimes XD

She whistles at the year; it's been a damn long time that it's been around. As the others disperse, she finds her way into the back of the room, idly searching for any hidden doorways, keys, etc.

What are you waiting for? We have a job, you know.

I'm curious, Apophis, give me that.

But you also hunger. I can feel it. Don't try to hide it from me, S-

Auryon.

Yes, the name of a killer, need I remind you, Auryon Blackthorne?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm sorry, @FalconerGal9086! I'll make sure not to that in the future. Also, i think it will be very interesting when Maahes learns of Apophis. His universe has one as well, and their relationship is far from good.

He thought he heard someone at the door. Turning around, he almost expected to see Ra standing there. But all that he saw was Peter walking away from the door; he let go of the Detonation he was in the process of summoning behind his back. He took a deep breath and returned to looking at the room.

He approached an interesting look artifact. While it certainly belonged among the others, his ability to explore the room finally let him see that it was of Ancient origin. He reached out a hand to touch it. As he picked it up from the shelf, and intense pain suddenly spread through his essence.

A loud scream left his lips.

Instinctively, he let go of the artifact. The hardy little thing was unharmed by its fall, but Maahes continued to recoil in pain. It felt like his essence had been set afire. He stared accusingly down at the artifact. The pain could only come from one thing. Iron certainly wasn't responsible; he would need much more than what the artifact could possibly be made of. Silver was undoubtedly the culprit. How much had they put into it?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Ah, right! Of course it does, it's an Egyptian name! Aha, oh this will be interesting XD Just do me a favor and try not to spoil to much SG1, 'kay? ;)

She glances up at his yell, hiding the smile that dances over her lips in sadistic plesaure. She pushes down the voice in her mind and walks towards the cry of pain, leaning in the doorway.

"Did the room attack you?" she asks with a small smirk.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Sure thing! Maahes and Apophis' history goes back way before the show, and I can't think of anything that might be a spoiler. Apophis is considered Ra's son in the series, though that's based entirely on mythology. That's where their connection stems from, but the show never goes into much detail about Ra and Apophis being related.

Does that mean you might watch it?

"No."

He glanced down at the artifact; it would be difficult to explain why it had caused him so much pain without him revealing the nature of his kind. He glanced back at the pentacles. They would be a major indicator of the truth, if she interpreted them in the right way. There was another truth they could point to if he acted the right way. Out of the two options, that was the most preferable.

He looked back over at Auryon. "I pricked my finger on the corner of that," he lied, pointing down at artifact. He gave her a sheepish smile that didn't reach his eyes. "I wasn't expecting the pain, so I screamed."

Then, with gritted teeth as he tried to ignore the intense pain, he picked the artifact up and returned it to its shelf.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Edwin," said Adamina, her prim persona back in place.

"What's going on?" asked Edwin, struggling to sit up as there was a yell from somewhere nearby. He put a hand to his temple and winced. "Where are we?"

Adamina sighed quietly. "I don't know. I think this is Alan--the Empress' plot."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
I hope nobody minds, me just sliding in here. I'm gonna use Raiden, because uhm...yeah. I don't exactly have any other characters I'm currently willing to subject to roleplay. Here's the profile if needed.

Something awoke him. It wasn't the usual sound of his alarm, he'd recognize that instantly. What woke him was a scream. He blinked.

"Ceiling is familiar, but it's not the one I slept under last night. Where am I?" he thought to himself. He sat up and took in his surroundings. The room he was in was small, there wasn't much to it either. it was just a bed, with a small bedside table next to it. He hopped off the bed, and took inventory.

"Nothing much, just my phone and 3 pieces of gum," he mumbled to himself as he patted his pockets. He didn't notice the two wispy lines on the back of his hand, which sort of swirled in the middle, until after he had checked his phone's battery life. Which, was only 56%. It wouldn't last longer than half a day if he left it on. So he switched it off. He looked more carefully at the lines; they were a light blue, somewhat cerulean. He then remembered the scream he had heard. He speed walked to the door, reaching out at a handle that wasn't there.

"Wuh?" he blinked, looking over the door properly, trying to figure out how to open it. It was then when he came across the symbol that mirrored the one on his hand. He took in a deep breath for courage, floofed the hair for power and placed his hand against the symbol. There was a soft click, and as he brought his hand back, the door swung open slowly. Looking out into such a grand hallway was not what he expected. He shook away the thoughts, as he stepped out of the room. The scream sounded like it had come from nearby, but which way down the hallway would it be? He let out a huff, and decided that he couldn't go wrong with right. His shoes barely made any noise against the floor, but he did hear the sounds of life up ahead. He adjusted his bright blue hoodie, and walked casually. He did notice a whole bunch of doors as he walked, but at the moment he was focused on finding the person who had screamed. He saw someone standing by a doorway and peering in, and he decided to stop to check if maybe something was going on inside. He had completely passed by Peter/James's(?) location, as he had been looking the other way.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Hm." She doesn't entirely buy it, but doesn't press him as she saunters in, looking at the runes. It's all gibberish to her - and Apophis, for that matter - but they're interesting all the same.

Spoiler! :
I got through like five seasons several years ago, but I don't remember most of it. I plan to go back and finish it once I can find a free way to access it.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:23 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"The Empress?" Edwin's eyes widened, then a look of sorrow entered them. He nodded and didn't say any more about it as he stood up. "Well, I suppose we should get going, Mina. Didn't I hear someone screaming earlier?"

Adamina stared at him, her expression unreadable. Edwin couldn't help but feel like he could never exactly understand what was going on in her head.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

She shook her head slightly. "No. Nothing at all," she replied, then turned to leave the room.

-<>-

The thing of significance to Adamina in this room had been Edwin. Perhaps there was some sort of reason in the others' musings.

As Edwin fell in step beside her, he reached for her hand but she clasped her hands together before he could hold on. She heard his almost inaudible sigh, but chose to ignore it. There was no room for emotion. Not now, not ever, unless it had to do with the people of the empire. Or the Ragnar family.

They came across an open door, where Maahes and Auryon were standing inside. Edwin tensed but Adamina whispered to him, "I met these people already. They seem to be friendly so far, but they're . . . strange, to say the least."

To her dismay, Edwin stepped forward and said, absolutely trusting, in his typical, quiet voice, "Hello there." It was then that she also noticed the newcomer, who was wearing strange clothing like the others - a bright blue, hooded garment at that.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

There were two newcomers to the room that Maahes desperately wished for no one to see, but the only thing he could do was play the part of the one who would have drawn these pentacles - not the one who would have been summoned into them.

"Hello," he said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. He was too focused on what he should do next. The room warranted more investigating, but what was he supposed to be looking for? Nothing seemed incredibly extraordinary. In fact, it was straight out of his memories.

"I'm Leonardo Carter, but you can call me Leo," he added, looking them over. The boy in the hoodie didn't look like he knew any of the others, but the other newcomer was standing awfully close to Mina for them to have just met. "I'm alright. I just pricked my finger on one of the artifacts, and got a little startled." He shoved the supposedly injured finger into the pocket of his trench coat to prevent any of them from seeing the suspicious lack of an injury.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

I call bull, I don't smell blood, the demoness hisses.

I know, but does he have to know that?

He'd better not, or we're losing our touch.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"I see," replied Edwin. He gave a little bow. "Edwin Faine. A pleasure to meet you.."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:16 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I'm Auryon," she answers. "Pleasure to meet ya."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:23 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Adamina decided to keep quiet for now about the fact that her full name was definitely not just Mina. Hopefully Edwin wouldn't ruin it.

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract