Young Writers Society

The Sea

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:09 am
View Likes
Lael says...

He chuckled as they stepped outside. "I'll take that as a compliment."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:03 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"If it works for you," Kellach replied, rolling his eyes. When Kellach stepped onto the street, slightly disoriented, he wasn't actually sure where anyone he knew might be. He chose the direction of the road he felt he hadn't been to, and stumbled off that way.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

81 Reviews

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:49 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

He followed Kellach's staggering steps, hoping that the man wouldn't fall down--or worse. He wasn't interested in being there in the process of the drunk getting sober.

They walked down the path, and he heard voices growing closer as they approached.

-<>-

Rin walked about among the houses, looking for anyone who may have resembled Maahes' old friend. But, in all honesty, she was having no luck. Perhaps this friend had already fled, or really wasn't who Maahes believed she was.

She shook her head slightly and called out, "She's not here either." Rin stepped towards the street, but stopped short as she watched Kellach stagger by--obviously drunk--followed by someone with the silver hair and confident, graceful gait she would know anywhere.

"Kilian?"

Spoiler! :
Okay, he's busted now. xD He didn't give Kellach his real name.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

299 Reviews

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:56 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Surprised, Kellach whirled around and pointed at Kilian accusingly. "So your name's not Tavis, is it?" he said angrily. "I gave you the truth, so why would you lie to me?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Though he was still scanning the street for the woman, his attention had shifted from his search to the newcomers. It seemed like some sort of confrontation was about to happen. He was worried about that, of course - if Kellach got into a fight with the other man, Killian, he'd have to break the fight up.

But it was hearing the hurt in Kellach's voice when he realized he had been lied to that made Maahes want to quietly slip away. They barely knew each other, but wouldn't it be the same with them? He was lying to, though it was in a different way than Killian had.

But he couldn't let anyone know the truth.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"I--" began Kilian, ready to smooth things out, but Rin came up to them and said, "Tavis is one of our friends' name. The thing is--"

"I wouldn't have known if you were lying or not," interjected Kilian mildly. "I think what my dear lady Rin is trying to say is that I have trust issues. I apologize if your feelings were hurt."

"Kilian." Rin gave him a warning, sideways look.

299 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I've spent my life surrounded by liars," Kellach said, gritting his teeth. "I was really hoping I wouldn't run into any more. And don't treat me like a kid."

81 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Something seemed to snap. Kilian's expression darkened. "For almost my whole life, lies and pretenses were the only thing that kept me safe. They are have been a part of me for so long. Here's the truth: the world is full of liars. I've been surrounded by them. I hate lies too, but I can't help being who I am."

Rin put a hand on his arm, concern drawing her brows together. "Kilian, you don't have to do this." He had never been this emotional or vulnerable, even around her. This wasn't like him. Was he still feeling raw over his conflict with Gwyna? "Actually, just don't. Don't do something you're going to regret--that's an order."

Kilian shook her off. "It's too late for that, Rin . . . I'm sorry."

"You don't want to be treated like a child?" he continued, advancing towards Kellach. "You want the truth, whole and unfiltered? Since we will probably never meet again after we part ways, fine, I'll tell you and everyone else in this village my story. Then you can have the satisfaction of knowing what kind of monster I am!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't know what kind of past you have," Maahes quietly interrupted. As he stepped between the two of them, he began to search the streets for something other than the woman. "But you shouldn't act rash. You don't have to talk about your past if it hurts. And if you do want to, don't talk about it in the streets. Talking about it somewhere more private is better."

He finally found what he was looking for. He raised his hand and pointed at the building not too far away. "I think that place is a library. It should be more private there, especially at this time of day."

Spoiler! :
If they do go to the library, I was thinking they could run into the woman Maahes is looking for there!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:15 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Also they can run into another charrie of mine so I can return too this rp!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:22 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"That is an immensely good idea," said Rin, sending Maahes a grateful look. "If we are going to be sharing truths, I suppose I have some things to confess as well." She stepped to Kilian and pulled him back gently. "It's all right," she whispered so only he could hear. "If you feel you have to do this, I know I can't stop you, so instead I will do it with you."

Rin turned to the others with a grim smile. "Let's go, then." After a small moment of self-consciousness, she took Kilian's hand and headed towards the library.

Kilian started but didn't pull away. And perhaps he had been too rash and emotional just now. He took deep breaths in an effort to calm himself.

299 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:10 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

It was what he wanted, but he wasn't happy about it. Kellach, a minute ago, had been prepared to pull out his knives. Now, while the group was making their way towards the library, he could only follow behind, pale and unfocused, weapons the last thing on his mind. As much as hearing the truth interested him, he could only hear the word monster in his head, and it reminded him too much of his cousin. He decided, when the group arrived at the library, that he would slip away inside the building. Hopefully, he could get back to the ship and wait to leave.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kixig had left to go try and find Maahes's friends and had gotten... incredibly distracted. He may have made a purchase of a two pound bag of jerky - that he was now eating very quickly as he trotted back into town, searching for his newfound acquaintances.

He was lucky enough to see them headed over to the library, with another fellow among them. He trotted up beside Kellach. "Hey, man!" He said with a smile. "Want a piece?" He asked, offering a piece of beef jerky.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:10 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
@soundofmind Ahaha Kixig literally missed all of the drama and comes happily over with loads of food. XD

299 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Sure?" said Kellach uncertainly, taking a piece of jerky and biting down on it. "'s pretty good, thanks," he continued, still chewing. He felt...calmer, happier? His escape plan seemed less solid all of a sudden.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec