z

Young Writers Society

The Labyrinth

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:25 am
Featherstone says...

The Labyrinth is much more than a simple maze - it lies in all dimensions, all planes, all realms and worlds and universes. Sometimes, a door will open and an unknowing figure will fall into its abyssal depths.

It's not like your average puzzle of twisting passageways and dead ends; it always changes. It never stays the same. Time is frozen here, and the characters may start together or apart. There are challenges and trials of mind and of combat - they must work together to get out, or they will be trapped forever.

You could have gotten here in any number of ways. You walked through a threshold - a doorway, an entryway, a tunnel, a border - and instead of finding yourself on the other side, you found yourself here.

Jay
Spoiler! :
A startlingly gorgeous woman with pale blue eyes and jet black hair in a long braid down her back, tied with a floppy red ribbon. She wears the clothes of a medieval sailor and a rapier is at her hip. She even has a hat with a large, green feather in it. All together very panache, Jay even has a pied black and white cat draped over her shoulders.

Jay stumbles as she lands, nearly tripping over her own boots. Once she's steadied herself, she looks around to see only large stone brick walls with no visible top. Behind her is a dead end; in front, a passageway.

What was this? This most certainly was not her ship's, the Wyvern's, hold.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:06 am
Kelpies says...

The Queen Of Hearts

Spoiler! :
A woman wearing a black corset with two rows of buttons up the front. The buttons have skulls-and-crossbones with hearts for eyes on them. She wears a leather mini-skirt, a pair of gun holsters on her legs. She wears black boots with pink bows. She wears a pink masquerade mask made of two hearts, and her lips are made up to look like a heart. Her black hair with pink streaks is done up in a pair of ponytails with tiny crowns holding them up. She holds a large pink and black scythe, the handle of which kind of looks like a lava lamp with black liquid and pink wax.

I had been sent in to deal with a threat- something about money. It was always about money. At this point I just wanted to gather up all the dollar bills in the world, put it on the moon, then nuke it. Granted that wouldn't change anything, but it would be worth it just to watch the money burn. It was supposed to be a simple mission- in- kill the guy- out.

But fate had other ideas.

No sooner had I entered the door than I found myself in a maze, and the door behind me gone. Now this was interesting. I was stuck in a maze.

Hell yes.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:27 am
Featherstone says...

"'ello?" I called, my voice echoing through the many corridors.

he/him/his

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:15 pm
Lumi says...

VALON
Spoiler! :

An elven red mage from the nation of Howlengale in the far northern reaches of Alanaar, a mythical land of magic and mana. He is primarily a fire proficient in the combat style of dual rapiers. A lithe build built for speed and agility, he seldom takes damage, but when he does, finds himself worse for wear. Snarky and smart-mouthed, he often finds himself in tight situations due to his nature and jocular wistfulness.

Falling headfirst through a portal spell gone wrong, the Red Mage fell face-first into a sand pile in a dimly-cobbled area of the labyrinth. As he stood, he raised a fireball above his eyeline to see, viewing no end to the stones above him, and no end to the corridor before him, nor behind him, beside him to the left, but a dead flatness to his right.

What's worse, he could sense an eeriness upon his shoulders, as if some beast were encroaching, some darkness to be reckoned with.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:03 pm
Featherstone says...

"Any'un 'ere?" she calls again, looking around at the dim halls as she begins to walk forward.

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:54 pm
Kelpies says...

"Hello?" I called- having heard something. I rested my scythe on my shoulder, using it to scratch the back of my head. I stared at the walls- thinking. Then, without a pause, I began to try climbing one.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Featherstone says...

"Where are y'?" she asks, coming towards the speaker.

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:00 pm
Kelpies says...

"I'd be lying if I said I had a clue- all I know is that this is one hard wall to climb."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:07 pm
Featherstone says...

"It's endless," she protests as she turns the corner to see the Queen of Hearts. "I don't think you or I or even Mags here could do that."

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:18 pm
Kelpies says...

I sighed. "Well, it was worth a shot." I hopped on down.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:24 pm
Featherstone says...

"Where to now?" she wonders idly, looking around.

he/him/his

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:46 pm
Lumi says...

VALON BEGAN TO SCREAM as he ran from the Minotaur behind him, leaving a trail of flames in his wake. Rather futilely, he thought, he started to call out for help as he rounded a corner and pulled a sword on the beast, illuminating the dark corridor with a flash of flame.

The minotaur roared.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:47 pm
Featherstone says...

"What's t'e racket?" Jay wonders, considering whether or not they should check it out.

he/him/his

223 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:01 pm
Kelpies says...

"Sounds like fun." I said, running off after the noise.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:37 pm
zaminami says...

ORLANDO slides around a corner, being chased by a HOLLOW (not unlike from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, except you can see it) and screaming to run as fast as your legs can carry you. ORLANDO grabs JAY. "Come on!"

The HOLLOW sights the MINOTAUR and screeches at it, kind of like: "this is MY meal!"
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin