Young Writers Society

The Grangor

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She curls up next to Bane, wrapping her cloak around the dog. By this point, the horses are huddling as well - it's getting cold, fast.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:32 am
View Likes
Lael says...

He ran through the forest, stumbling over rough patches of ground. He had no idea how he had gotten here, in this raging storm, but he needed to find shelter--fast.

Dear Cynbel,
how he wished he had a familiar face beside him. That way, they could get out of this mess together.

Through tearing eyes narrowed to slits against the strong winds, he thought he spotted a cave nearby.

Forget if there are wolves in there, he thought, I need shelter, or else I'm going to die out here anyways.

He bolted into the cave, stopping at the entrance, trying to catch his breath. He glanced up at the sound of a crackling fire and the sight of the flames, and noticed two people and a few animals resting inside.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, a little wary. "Excuse me. I didn't know there was anyone in here."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:35 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Tasha's on her feet in moments, her sword drawn. Her wolf-dog is beside her, snarling across the fire. The woman has shortish, bright orange hair back in a ponytail and wears gray pants and dark boots with a matching gray jacket, the insignia of a sun silhouetted by some kind of animal - it's hard to tell through the smoke from the fire. Her eyes are an icy blue and her gaze is penetrating as she brandishes the silver broadsword in her hand.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:44 am
View Likes
Lael says...

My goodness, do we have to resort to fighting already? He put his hands up in the air, away from the sword at his hip, to show that he meant no harm. Although he was wiry and had an ugly scar slashed over his left eyebrow, he hoped that his brown eyes gave off sincerity and peace.

"I was only looking for a place to weather the storm," he said hurriedly, pushing the dark blond hair on his forehead to the side nervously. "Perhaps we could solve this without weapons? I really don't want to go back out there again."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:48 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She looks him over, weighing their options, the long scar running the length of her face twitching as she clenches her jaw in thought. After what seems like an eternity, she nods and sheathes her sword. "Very well. Try anything and you'll regret it."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:52 am
View Likes
Lael says...

He let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you." He approached the fire and sat down, making sure to keep a respectable distance from either of the people already there.

"I'm Tavis Finovin. What are your names? And what is this place?"
Spoiler! :
This is the real Tavis, not Kilian in disguise. xD After that stuff in The Sea, I just had to bring him out.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:56 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James had remained sitting by the fire with his blanket tightly wrapped around himself, but he looked over to the new arrival with a piercing gaze.

"Mark," James replied curtly, recycling bland fake names at this point.

Spoiler! :
omg lael hi!!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I'm Agrona."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Tavis glanced at each of them, his brows furrowing briefly. But he smiled and said, "Pleased to meet both of you, though I wish we could have met in better circumstances. So do either of you know where we are?"

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 am
soundofmind says...

"You're in the Outlands, Tavis," James explained simply. Though he knew the fellow probably wanted something more specific since it sounded like he was lost. "Nearest town is Bellsborough, but that's several miles south-east of here. If you were trying to reach civilization, you're far off course."

81 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:06 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"The Outlands?" repeated Tavis, alarm building in him. "I've never heard of such a place. In fact, I don't even know how I came to be here." He ran a hand through his hair again. "The--my friends should be wondering where I am."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:09 am
soundofmind says...

James blinked a few times, slowly, as he stared at Tavis with a blank expression. He was having deja-vu. It sounded like Tavis was experiencing something very similar if not identical to Tasha's situation.

"Where are you from, Tavis?"

81 Reviews

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 am
View Likes
Lael says...

"Er, the kingdom of Cynbel, on the continent of Ardal," he replied. "We're actually . . . kind of in the middle of a revolution to regain our independence right now. Do you know it?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:12 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Tasha shakes her head, confused.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 am
soundofmind says...

James looked down, not having any answers Tavis would want to hear. "No... I do not," he replied quietly. "I do not know of a place by that name on our continent. Or... in our world."

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief