Young Writers Society

The Stranded Hotel

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:24 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I do believe you're correct." His soft voice is quiet, ears pricked as he listens. He can make out their heartbeats, smell the fear in the air. He opens the door for Li He, black eyes scanning the scene.

Watch for the ghosts. Come, but don't let yourself be known. Cover your scent and any sound you may make. Whatever you do, Raven, do not hunt.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:21 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

There were James the employee, the other nonhuman male from before (whose name she still didn't know), and the screaming girl. And there was another girl, who Li He had a hard time sensing. A ghost?

"Uh, hey everyone!" called Li He. Surveying the ground around the group, her eyebrows drew together. "What happened? Are you guys okay?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:25 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He feels her presence in the shadows around them. Raven's there.

"We heard screaming," Cornyx explains.

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:37 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"Yep! Just a misunderstanding!" JEANINE says. "My name's JEANINE, by the way."

Spoiler! :
If you guys are wondering why I'm capitalizing names it's because I'm practicing for SBing because I'm thinking about doing them.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
*is missing the connection between capital names and SBs*

"Cornyx," he introduces himself. "Cornyx Blackthorne."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:56 pm
soundofmind says...

James was turned around, poking around the broken generator to see if it showed signs of tampering.

"James." He said without looking up at the newcomers. "The janitor."
Last edited by soundofmind on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:57 pm
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Ive noticed people capitalizing in a few SBs online. Not necessarily here, but...

"Nice to meet you."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@soundofmind, I'm fine with that guy being the culprit!

Also, @KaraStevens, I don't think any of the storybooks here use capitalized names! I think the only exception would be if it was a video game one, like one for Undertale. The normal rules of grammar almost always apply to storybooks.

Hades turned his attention away from James, his gaze falling upon the newcomers. Though he had already glimpsed Cornyx's soul, he had yet to do so for his companion or the other person who had just entered the room. He was shocked to discover that neither one of their souls was human. Only James, Jeanine and Sarah seemed to possess the souls that a human would. But they didn't have the souls of a demon or a human - for that was the same - so what exactly were they?

Since he had already said who he was to some of the people there, he decided that it was best to introduce himself with his actual name instead of his current alias. "My name is Hades," he said with a warm smile. "I heard that there was some ghosts haunting this hotel-" Sarah gave them a mischievous grin and a quick wave at this. "-so I thought I would see if I could help them pass on. But it looks like someone who is living is responsible for the lights going out."

He looked back at James. "Do you know where that new employee you mentioned is? I think they're our best lead."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:07 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Spoiler! :
Oh I saw it on other websites so I was confused.

Jeanine laughs. Dont scan my soul, Hades.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:11 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Hades..." the name was familiar...something to do with the dead...

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:39 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Hades?" One corner of Li He's mouth tugged down as she carefully considered the name. Then she looked up.

"Oh, where are my manners?" She let out a laugh. "I'm Li He Jin, but Lily works just fine, if you'd prefer to call me that. But why would someone want to sabotage the hotel?"
Spoiler! :
Li He belongs to the earth, but just is a mystical being.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:32 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

The god of the dead! That was it! From an ancient civilization that much of this world's culture was based off of. "The god of the dead, yes?"

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:56 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Yes, Mister Blackthorne..." he replies. James turned around, facing the strange group that had begun to gather in the power room. Technically - no, in actuality - they weren't allowed to be in here since they were unauthorized, and only guests, not hotel staff. Staff were the only ones with the keys. Though that didn't seem to matter much anyway, since it seemed someone from the inside had sabotaged the hotel's power, even more than the cut power lines from fallen trees.

"But, uh, Lily, was it? Yeah? Well, considering there are ghosts here, among whatever other supernatural oddities that occur without my knowledge, there's probably great potential for someone to want to sabotage the hotel. Countless possibilities and reasons that I don't have the energy to list out, but we'll find out soon enough, hopefully. Though if this was an intentional act I doubt they'll come forward easily. And if there is any malicious intent involved, which, who knows? There may be. Then that will make it all the more difficult. Hopefully though... they'll be reasonable."

James looked at the group, assessing the situation. "I don't think that a group of people approaching Alex will be the best idea though. It'd be best for me to go, since we're on familiar terms. Hades, perhaps, you can come too. Provided you... well, keep looking human. As for the rest of you, well, for one, I'd like to politely ask you to exit the power room, since it's supposed to be employees only. And as for how you can help, well... if any of you are willing, you could go and check... uh..."

James scratched the back of his neck, looking at the ground. "You know, now that I think about it, that's a bad idea. Was gonna suggest maybe checking where the electrical lines got cut. It'd be a long shot to say it wasn't the storm and that someone tampered with them. But I dunno. Ghosts do stranger things sometimes, and so do people. But it's dangerous out there and I wouldn't want to ask anyone to get near severed power lines in the rain. That's just stupid."

Spoiler! :
ya'll are free to check out the power lines if u want, imma say that they were tampered with and that a tree was actually cut down by them instead of struck down by lightning?? cuz ooOOOoo mystery
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:36 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I'll go check," Cornyx volunteers. "Not much is very likely to harm me, or to even try, for that matter."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:30 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

"Me too. I don't have anyone left."

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence